Good afternoon,

My Z30 recently stopped working after the battery was depleted. When I wanted to charge it up, the phone gave the red blinking light, then the BB logo and afterwards showed a red empty battery. Then it kept restarting that cycle. Thinking it might be the battery that's giving trouble, I ordered a new one and put it in (and with that lost my warranty).
    But that didn't solve it. There is a slight change however, instead of showing the red battery, it now just shows the red blinking light and the BB logo and then reboots...
    I tried autoloading an OS but that doesn't work since it just keeps rebooting.
    Any clues on what the problem might be and how I could solve it?

Thanks in advance,
    Lennart
    03-03-15 07:10 AM
    It's definitely soft-bricked. You will need to reload the OS. You are going to have to connect to your PC and try to click the autoloader files to install
    03-03-15 08:09 AM
    I guess I'll ask why you did not use the warranty when it first failed?

But since you think the warranty is now gone, you might try something that can work on the Z10. Open it up again, remove or disconnect the battery and then try using either BBLink or an Autoloader. In the Z10, sometimes the loading process works if the battery is out when it is started. Now I don't know if this will work on the Z30 since it is not really designed with a removable battery.

Good luck.
    03-03-15 09:49 AM