Sorry I am new to blackberry and I am comming from a customized android device. Is there a developers section for the blackberry z30 like xdaforums has? If so can someone point me there, thanks.

If not since I cant seem to find it a few problems I am trying to resolve maybe you can help me.

1. I would like 100% transparent icons no background. The box surrounding icons and folders is driving me nuts.

2. I would like to see my wallpaper in all its glory. I almost solved this with home screen pimp but the backgrounds still exists making it a no fix. Also shoving everything in one folder still leaves one ugly icon.

3. Wouldnt it be great if the settings bar that swiped down from the top actually swiped up from the bottom and wow I could reach everything with my thumb. Is this possible? If not one feature I loved on my nexus was the ability to open apps or commands with swipes. For instance on my nexus I had a black home screen and i would swipe up for to open the app drawer or swipe down to drop down the notification bar. I know you can just pull down the notification bar but on big phones its easier to swipe it down for speed.

Lastly the bbz30 is pretty sweet and fast but I am desperately trying to make it my own lol. I am surprised at the speed and functions. I like it so far aside from its hideous icon style setup with the backgrounds being semi transparent and what not. I am also surprised at the level of customization options offered right out of the gate. Coming from a nexus running CyanMOD I was expecting a pretty locked down phone.

I have been messing with this phone for over a day and doing research and all kinds of personalizations and setup. So I am not posting here without doing the necessary search first.

Thanks in advance, Thomas
    03-15-15 01:07 AM
    The box surrounding icons and folders is driving me nuts.

The box is gone since 10.3 OS. You should update

I would like to see my wallpaper in all its glory

Again, on 10.3 you get to see the page where active frames are without any icons (of course if there is no current active frames)

Also shoving everything in one folder still leaves one ugly icon.

You could use an app called App Gap.. it will create invisible icons on your home screen so you could place your icons anywhere you want, that would give you more view of your wallpaper.

Unfortunately, BlackBerry is unlike Android when it comes to customization. You got to understand the nature of both systems. While Android is open source, BlackBerry is not, their main focus is on productivity and efficiency
    03-16-15 06:28 AM
    Update to BlackBerry 10.3. Icons will no longer have the boxes and you have the option to fully see your wallpaper with homescreen

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 06:53 AM
    Update to BlackBerry 10.3. Icons will no longer have the boxes and you have the option to fully see your wallpaper with homescreen

Posted via CB10
    You took the words out of my mouth, yes upgrading to the latest IS will give you icons without background and also the first page of the home screen can be left blank in settings.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    03-16-15 06:59 AM
    Thanks for the responses guys. I actually like the OS, I just need to iron out a few peevs.
    03-17-15 08:40 PM
    This is one learning curve I also had to endure and embrace when coming from Android.

The only two things I want are is (1) someone to port the Wifi Calling file (radio?) from T-Mobile's Z10 over to the Z30. Not sure if this is even possible but I'm just saying. (2) Port the Porsche Design clock for the Z30
    03-18-15 03:46 PM