I've had the Z30 for a while and I absolutly love it (takes me back to the good ol' days of using the 8830), I have considered checking out the passport when it's easier to acquire! Anyway, I switched over to T-Mobile just to save some extra cash but I'm feeling like this may have been an awful decision. Is it just me or are they incredibly unfriendly towards Z30 owners? I'd like to know what other people have expereienced? Their wifi calling app will install but not run on the device (the switch to enable it is permanalty disabled). I live in Raleigh, NC and I have bad signal in my area so one day I requested an antenna booster but was denied because the Z30 wasn't even registered as a phone in their database (but the Z10 is in there).
    11-25-14 11:36 AM
    I haven't tried to do any wifi calling on mine so I can't speak to that. Maybe an older sim card is keeping it from working? I had that problem on a t-mobile phone before. I will say that t-mobiles tech support told me that the z30 wouldn't have 4Glte ability on their network but I've had full lte coverage the whole time.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    11-25-14 12:03 PM
    T-Mobile USA only supports WIFI calling on Z10 and Q10. It will not work on Z30 or PassPort.

Posted with my Z30 on CrackBerry 10
    11-25-14 12:07 PM
    I get the 4g LTE on my z30 but have not tried to install the wifi app. I didn't think it would work because they don't officially support the z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 12:36 PM
    I've been using the Z10 and Q10 on T-Mobile USA without any trouble and customer service has been great. I recently purchased a Z30 and have yet to use it, so I can't comment on how they'll react when I pop the SIM in.

If you read enough of the forums here, you'll find that Wi-Fi Calling support on T-Mobile is only for devices they sell (or used to) and that only includes the Z10 and Q10. However, /any/ Z10 and Q10 will work, which has led the speculation that Wi-Fi Calling is tied to device model ID's.

Since T-Mobile no longer has a license to sell BlackBerry devices (pulled by BlackBerry), it's doubtful that the Q5, Z30, Passport and Classic will get Wi-Fi Calling. Hopefully this will change, but don't expect it.

Since T-Mobile doesn't offer contracts, you can easily switch over the AT&T.
    11-25-14 12:45 PM
    Guys, it seems some are getting WFC support on their non T-MOBILE branded BlackBerry phones including Z30. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=974877

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.938 CB10
    Last edited by pvphooman; 11-25-14 at 05:58 PM.
    11-25-14 03:59 PM
    I have been on T Mobile for many years and first off, I don't use WI-FI calling because I have unlimited data and voice. But, I had a couple of 100-5 unlocked z30's and they all got LTE and the call quality was excellent. Just pop in your T Mobile Micro SIM and go, now with the great z30 prices on Amazon and BlackBerry.com, it's a great device for the money.

Sent from my Lovely Passport on T Mobile USA
    11-25-14 04:42 PM
    T-Mobile never offered the Z30, so there is no T-Mobile branded version of the Z30 (hence no wifi calling). It all depends on who you talk to with T-Mobile support, as you are going to have people who has something against blackberry for one reason or another. I spoke to a T-Mobile customer rep for North Carolina, at a conference, and they are working to get LTE in all their 2G areas in North Carolina by mid 2015. Looking at their coverage map as of today, you are still going to have spots in North Carolina that is going to be dead zones. The thing about switching over to AT&T is that you will not get LTE everywhere, given that the Z30 (STA100-5) is missing AT&T main LTE band from my understanding.
    11-25-14 07:26 PM
    I have been on T Mobile for many years and first off, I don't use WI-FI calling because I have unlimited data and voice. But, I had a couple of 100-5 unlocked z30's and they all got LTE and the call quality was excellent. Just pop in your T Mobile Micro SIM and go, now with the great z30 prices on Amazon and BlackBerry.com, it's a great device for the money.

Sent from my Lovely Passport on T Mobile USA
    How many unlock Blackberry phones do you have, as I just saw in another thread that you just purchase 2 passports?
    11-25-14 07:31 PM
    I'm fully aware about 4G LTE being spotty, as it stands it actually works fine on my Z30 (sta100-5) in most of the Raleigh area. I noticed that if my cell sits around the house for prolong periods of time (a complete dead zone in my bedroom), the cell antenaa just shuts off... Even if I'm in a known good cell area later in the day, it will refuse to do anything unless I do a combo of switching the antenna off/on and possibly rebooting the device.

But to get back to my original question, I just wanted to know peoples expereince with the company whenever they had trouble with the Z30 specifically. I already knew that they only supported certain devices which is why I referenced the Z10 being in their database in the original post.

I just found it odd that they were not even willing to give me a signal booster. I guess I just don't understand the validity of having a (not) known device in their database in order to supply something like that (unless I'm terribly uninformed about a specific technicality that the clerk wasn't capable of describing to me).
    Last edited by ganthore; 11-25-14 at 08:36 PM. Reason: typo
    11-25-14 08:34 PM
    You might want to try calling back to T-Mobile and request a signal booster again, as you are still a T-Mobile customer and the problem is not with the phone rather T-Mobile reception. Your phone has the proper bands and works everywhere else on the T-Mobile network, thus it points to a bad spot in your bedroom. If they say they will not give you a signal booster because you are using a Z30, ask them where in their policy that states that a signal booster can be denied because you chose to byod.

I had a bad experience with a T-Mobile customer rep before and I could tell in their voice that they did not like Blackberry, mind you T-Mobile still had an agreement with Blackberry at the time, and could not be bother about anything dealing with a blackberry device. You could also try going into a store to see what they say, as sometimes talking to a person face to face makes things better. What I have found is that the most important thing to T-Mobile is for you to be a T-Mobile customer no matter what phone you are using.
    11-25-14 09:39 PM
    I've had terrible support from t-mobile regarding getting a signal booster. I ended up getting a used dirt cheap phone off ebay that they supported, complained about bad signal at my house, showed them the supported phone with sim card in it, and then got a free signal booster worth a lot more than the burner phone off ebay.

I've tweeted my concerns regarding their bad support to the CEO and he has expressed zero interest by actually replying to me!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 09:22 PM
    Anyone who owns a Z30 should know there are six different versions. To find out your version go to system settings and about. it should be either STA100-1 through STA100-6.

I will focus on the model sold on the blackberry US/Canada site which is the Model STA100-5. This model supports LTE 2600 (band 7) 1700 (band 4) 850 (band 5). 3G/HSPA+ 800 (band 6) 850 (band 5) 1700 (band 4) 1900 (band 2) 2100 (band 1).

The post is about the t-mobile experience so i will restrict myself to T-Mobile's network.

T-Mobile's LTE network is on 1900 (band 2) 1700/2100 AWS (band 4) 700 (band 12).
    T-Mobiles 3G/HSPA+ 1900 (band 2) 1700/2100 AWS 2100 (band 4). since T-Mobile's HSPA+ network can run at 42 Mbits/s it may appear as 4G on the Z30.

Find out the Bands available in your area from customer care or the T-Mobile website.
    No one seems to be able to get wifi calling support on this model based on the posts posted before this one. The major benefit of wifi calling is being able to use wifi at home or office where there is no good T-Mobile network coverage to make phone calls. Data works seamlessly over any wifi network but calls are dependent on network, phone and OS support.

i hope this helps clarify any issues. feel free to ask any relevant questions.
    Last edited by ob1tomi; 07-25-15 at 12:26 PM.
    FF22 and barbarianthemadserb like this.
    07-25-15 11:39 AM
    where have you seen posts about some byod users getting support for WFC? Any ideas on why only some are supported?
    07-26-15 01:02 PM
    07-30-15 04:27 AM
    I think the Z10 had wifi calling enabled. The Z30 c
    Doesn't I guess because they weren't in good terms with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 10:17 AM