Has there been any marketing behind it?? NO!!!! It's a dead device with old technology!!! I'll get one only because I want the bigger screen and it will more than likely be the last phone BlackBerry ever makes. Am I going to spend 7-8 hundred bucks for it? Fug no!! I'll wait 2 more months and get it for half the price. It ain't worth that much money for a bigger Z10 with sh*t specs.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 01:47 PM
    What a positive thread this is!!
    BB10 is 8 months in the market and so many negative posts already! Android was a heap of cr## when it came out 3 year ago and now look. This platform is early stages and look how awesome it is!
    In February in UK the Z10 launched, I got one and never have had any issues. Sold my S4 and will be more than willing to grab a Z30 for 485.
    As for apps, what apps other than Instagram, Gmail and Google + are missing? Oh yeah candy crush!
    I know for a fact the S4 antenna/radio is far inferior to the BlackBerry antenna. My old S4 could not get signal in low areas where my Z10 would fly it. So primarily on phone signal BlackBerry slams it.
    Multitasking the BlackBerry is a dream with active frames against the task manager on my old S4.
    So it's not the BB10 platform that fails. More awareness needs being put to the public and developers need to get the apps that people want available to bb10.
    Most of all people need to be patient. Either support the brand or bail out.

Posted With Z10 Via CB10
    10-04-13 02:14 PM
    at $700 outright? definitely.
    10-04-13 03:09 PM
    Being an avid BlackBerry loyal, I have always promoted the BB10 line of phones to all my friends and family.

Since the news of strategic alternatives, the quarterly report, the possibility of a sale or going private ; I haven't been able to recommend the phones in good conscience due to the possibility of lack of support for the phones in future.

BlackBerry has been making all these announcements that demotivate customer confidence and have not ran any special campaign for their front line phone - Z30 to gain any kind of customer attention. It is almost destined to be a commercial failure and a possible inventory write down a few months down the line.

BlackBerry should stop releasing any new models and concentrate on building their PR and release newer phones when they have a definite marketing strategy. There is no point making losses by releasing incomplete phones. (a phone without a marketing plan to back it up is an incomplete phone IMO).

The vague mobile computing statements without the capability of these to attract customers is a no go .

Posted via CB10
    unfortunately its a total flop. i just ordered a q10, and that is ONLY for work texting/LED light/threaded emails....otherwise on the weekends or if im really traveling anywhere where i rely on the phone for more than just communication, id switch back to my iphone 5 or an android...any android. bb should have just made a plethora of different sized qwerty phones and cornered that smaller market. instead they went in head first to compete with slab touch screen phones and failed. sometimes a company needs to know it's place and for blackberry its place has been and remains qwerty phones. z10/z30 took a lot of money out of their chip stack and now they are basically all in with no pair, river coming. lol
    10-04-13 03:48 PM
    Another failed product! Which was the another! Certainly wasn't the Z10. Mine is perfect, NATO thinks it is great. The Q10, Q5, they do a superb job and will be around for awhile. The failed products they no longer make the old curve etc. Keep on trucking BB you will eventually get there.
    10-04-13 03:52 PM
    unfortunately its a total flop. i just ordered a q10, and that is ONLY for work texting/LED light/threaded emails....otherwise on the weekends or if im really traveling anywhere where i rely on the phone for more than just communication, id switch back to my iphone 5 or an android...any android. bb should have just made a plethora of different sized qwerty phones and cornered that smaller market. instead they went in head first to compete with slab touch screen phones and failed. sometimes a company needs to know it's place and for blackberry its place has been and remains qwerty phones. z10/z30 took a lot of money out of their chip stack and now they are basically all in with no pair, river coming. lol
    So you use your BB10 for five days of the week and switch back to the crap for the remaining two.
    10-04-13 03:56 PM
    agreed. What's even worse than Blackberry having continued to release newer models (i.e. the z30) when previous releases like the Z10 sales figures weren't looking that great was the idea that they were STILL selling blackberry bold phones! That doesn't make any sense.

The strategy should have been simple - out with the (b)old and in with the new. The Q10 and Q5 should have come out first, replacing the old Bold and Curve models and introducing BB10, encouraging the loyalists to upgrade.

There was no point in still spending money making the likes of Bold 9720 in 2013. It was outdated 3 years ago already!
    10-04-13 04:47 PM
    So you don't have your Q10 yet and you're expecting it to be good only for communication? Some people lol. Put that bad boy on 10.2 when you get it and we'll see if you stick to your statements. Sideload a couple of apps let us know what you prefer

Posted with my Q10!
    10-04-13 04:47 PM
    Another failed product! Which was the another! Certainly wasn't the Z10.
    I think he meant from a business perspective.

I'm betting it will be tough for you to give me a straight yes or no answer to the following question. If you do, I will post that I was wrong.

Question: From a business perspective (i.e. from the perspective of the people trying to make money off the phone) was the Z10 a failure?

Remember, it's yes or no.
    10-04-13 07:37 PM
    So you use your BB10 for five days of the week and switch back to the crap for the remaining two.
    calling an iphone crap is pretty ignorant. but to answer your question, yes.
    10-04-13 07:51 PM
    So you don't have your Q10 yet and you're expecting it to be good only for communication? Some people lol. Put that bad boy on 10.2 when you get it and we'll see if you stick to your statements. Sideload a couple of apps let us know what you prefer

Posted with my Q10!
    lol, i had a q10 when it first came out. also a z10. i wanted it to be my 'everything' phone but too many problems. yes, the q10 will just be pure messaging and convenience while at work, but ip5 for other stuff. no one phone is complete.
    10-04-13 07:52 PM
    Rogers just announced not to be carrying Z30 in the future. What a sign.
    I read that today as well. That's huge!!
    10-04-13 08:27 PM
    For revenue and sales purposes of BB10 BB need to get BIS back and compression faster, if Opera can do it why can't the original compression mobile device company... Z30 offers nothing other devices dont, sales failure, no marketing, more sales failure, so that's another half billion gone this Z30 release quarter....

You would give these idiots smarties and meds if they were looking after your kids...
    10-04-13 10:05 PM
    lol, i had a q10 when it first came out. also a z10. i wanted it to be my 'everything' phone but too many problems. yes, the q10 will just be pure messaging and convenience while at work, but ip5 for other stuff. no one phone is complete.
    A touchscreen BB10 phone with BIS to me would be ultimate device, that's why Storm was so sought after and made Crackberry what it is today, shame compression was not invested in and so many repairs had be done, Verizon threw money at BlackBerry.

BB10 is Storm minus BIS...handsets are quality now but Storm OS was more solid at launch than BB10 devices.

God this company frustrates me more than my 3GS ever did, fools....
    10-04-13 10:15 PM
    Who said that this acting is unplanned or stupid? Do you know the target, the object of the play? Why do you think selling devices must be the end in itself?
    What would you do, if you are on the board of a corporation and you are interested in
    -selling your Company as fast as possible
    -taking care to create a situation for seemingly logical decisions (low sale price and low share Prices, mass layoff, divestiture...)
    -prepairing own career opportunities on the board of the new proprietor (which is very grateful to you for the low-cost takeover).
    -prepairing to get around 55 millions $ ro receive a check.

Its hard work to reach the object of the play AND to keep the vision alive that your are doing the opposite and act the innocent.... its a german speciality!

Nobody could be SO stupid in reality like Heins is endeavor to appear...

The only misfortune for Heins is the fact, that the loyal engineers have created a wonderful OS with a relative success- ist not easy to compensate this positive ambitions- but Heins have had another weapon to snap the neck of BlackBerry: the ad-campaign... and it works- in the sense of Heins...:-(
    10-05-13 03:40 AM
    I just want to say give me this failed product immediately, BlackBerry. Thank you. You know, maybe BlackBerry should have shelved the Z10 in the States. And, maybe brought out the Z30 after the Q10. My Z10 is great, but the Z30 seems to have a bit more polish. Even with the lower screen resolution, it looks to be a bit more high end than the Z10. Of course, I have should have taken my cue from Sprint, and just waited for the Z30 whilst groping that beautiful Q10. But hey, live and learn. I am not really too keen on getting two new devices in one year. However, as slow as ATT moves, I probably won't have to worry about that. If BlackBerry continues on, perhaps the magical BlackBerry with next gen specs will appear, and I will be able to go that route instead.
    10-05-13 06:42 AM
    The price will kill it.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 08:16 AM
    calling an iphone crap is pretty ignorant. but to answer your question, yes.
    It isn't ignorant. My niece tried to show me that she could do everything on her Iphone 5 that I could on my Z10. When she was through I sad yes you can but I did what you were showing me a half hour ago!
    10-05-13 09:26 AM
    It isn't ignorant. My niece tried to show me that she could do everything on her Iphone 5 that I could on my Z10. When she was through I sad yes you can but I did what you were showing me a half hour ago!
    Wow...you said that to your niece? Lovely.

Did you also admit to her that you know in your heart the Z10 is a failure, as you've admitted to us here?
    Last edited by mset; 10-05-13 at 11:12 AM.
    10-05-13 10:56 AM
    The Z30 pretty much has the exact same specs as the Z10. The ONLY notable differece is the screen size. Screen resolution is the same and even the processor, albeit different, is basically running the same speed.
    TheZ30 is the exact same phone as the Z10 and i refuse to support BlackBerry based on that and their many other **** ups!!!!! There is no innovation from this company anymore. BlackBerry really is the joke that the everyone in the media has been laughing at.
    Your wrong too. I know several people who want a 5 inch phone or close to it. So the Z10 was not an option. The Z30 will fit the popular need in the USA
    10-05-13 11:06 AM
    It's good to know people are still waiting for a BlackBerry. It is going to take a huge amount of convincing to bring someone onto a BlackBerry, especially when there are reports BlackBerry may want to sell it to Google who most probably is going to tear it down and only use the patents. Who provides you the support for your brand new device in such a scenario?

Your wrong too. I know several people who want a 5 inch phone or close to it. So the Z10 was not an option. The Z30 will fit the popular need in the USA
    10-05-13 02:12 PM
    We sure are a fickle lot aren't we? We carry on like a bunch of spoiled rotten little hitches. (Love suggestive word replacement). The dark side of capitalism has the sales industry playing us like fiddles. I try to keep my guard up but I too get caught up in the circus. Nextel push to talk 2 1/2 years. Sprint Pocket PC abused for over 2years. My first BlackBerry was an 8340 Curve 2 1/2 years. I've had a 9780 for almost 3 years. I did not want to get a Z10 because I want full bridge capabilities, but my screen went white two days ago. I ordered a Z10 yesterday because a don't want to bother replacing the LCD on the 9780 and I can't get a Z30 yet.
    It seems RIM blundered when they sold the Playbook as a Professional tablet instead of a Professional companion to a Blackberry phone. The biggest advantage the Playbook had was it relationship to the phone. That's why I have 4 of them. I never wanted or used native email or PIM. I had it on the phone and used Bridge. I thought the ruccuss was crazy. A convoluted load of crap.
    That blunder apparently caused RIM to stumble. That blunder shook RIM to its core. The result was a waste of resourses, development and assets. Now BlackBerry has big nasty bruise on its reputation and it's Playbook. It has also lost a year and a half in production.
    The Z30 could be just another failed product, BlackBerry is a big boy and they are cutting edge. Consumers are a fickle bunch and we have short memories. Time will tell. Hoo-Yah, bring it on.
    10-05-13 10:21 PM
    It's opening price is $700? 10.2 still has the app dilemma to solve. what of Z10 would instill so much optimism/confidence in the price of $700 fo the z30??? We can't be that stupid are we?

It's like BlackBerry saying to prospecting/potential new users: "I see that the Z10 doesn't appeal to you, how about enlarging the screen a little? Would that help remedy your app problem?"

Seriously. They're lost in how to fix this poor company. Time to go back to the drawing board.

Destined to fail...

Posted via CB10
    DS1331 likes this.
    10-06-13 01:34 PM
    Not seen any adverts for the Z30... as I put on my thread, none of the phone shops even have any.

A UK Z10 Owner
    10-06-13 01:38 PM
    Z30 could be just another BlackBerry's failed products because of its introductory premium price...

Posted via Z10
    10-06-13 09:26 PM
128 ... 3456