Z30 is already in production even before the release of Z10...

BlackBerry has actually no option but to release it as well...

What they really missed and probably failed to anticipate is the "reaction" from the third party developers (a.k.a. APPS)... if they succeeded on that within few crucial months after they released Z10 and before Q10, it would be a different scenario for them when Z30 comes...

Posted via Z10
    10-04-13 01:52 AM
    A very positive review of the Z30 on German netzwelt.de (use a translator to read it). Good review on the device as well as the OS.

BlackBerry Z30 im Test - NETZWELT
    10-04-13 01:54 AM
    Z30 is already in production even before the release of Z10...

BlackBerry has actually no option but to release it as well...

What they really missed and probably failed to anticipate is the "reaction" from the third party developers... if they succeeded on that within few months after they released Z10 and before Q10, it would be a different scenario for them when Z30 comes...

Posted via Z10
    They were prototypes and not in production.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 01:54 AM
    OK, so BlackBerry do the "prototype" with barely hand...

The design was already made... the production line is already set-up... the materials needed are (almost) ordered for mass production... and "prototype" told us that..

BlackBerry may look like not thinking at all... but in reality, it is still the "less" destruction that they could do...

Posted via Z10
    10-04-13 02:01 AM
    A very positive review of the Z30 on German netzwelt.de (use a translator to read it). Good review on the device as well as the OS.

BlackBerry Z30 im Test - NETZWELT
    The Z10 also released to mostly good reviews. But everyone pointed out that there was nothing new.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 02:01 AM
    the production line is setup without the design being finalized??? The reports indicated they were fiddling with the final build until like 2 months ago and had multiple type of prototypes out for testing. How is it possible to set up the production line without finalizing the design. You dont need to setup the entire production line just to produce a prototype.

OK, so BlackBerry do the "prototype" with barely hand...

The design was already made... the production line is already set-up... the materials needed are (almost) ordered for mass production... and "prototype" told us that..

BlackBerry may look like not thinking at all... but in reality, it is still the "less" destruction that they could do...

Posted via Z10
    10-04-13 02:12 AM
    If we will going to detail of how "prototype" is being produced, you wouldn't probably believe that any improvement will be done on the final product is likely to be minimal - at all... unless the "prototype" is totally failed... but even the production of "prototype" (yes, we still call it as "production" even it is a "prototype"), the theoretical design should be already proven workable at this stage for them to proceed with the actual production accordingly as denoted by the design & process - verification and verification (ISO9001)... now, with the feasibility of more than 90% that the design will be met, company will usually pre-order required materials for initial mass production...

To simplify everything, if BlackBerry will wait for the entire "prototype" to be completely 100% before they will proceed to setting-up the production line, they will surely lost valuable time in production i.e. setting up the line, manpower and other resources - in other words, Z30 is not even in "prototype" as of this moment...

There are no other reason for BlackBerry to produce Z30 from scratch if Z10 and Q10 are already failing... unless, they're really in "kamikaze" spirit... but if it is already being produced, the only logical and feasible thing to do is to push it thru... and if it is "failing", stop the production - enough to salvage what will be left behind... some refer to it as "write-off"...

Posted via Z10
    jay_men likes this.
    10-04-13 03:09 AM
    If you think you've failed, you already have. Hopefully BB isn't thinking this way, and I believe they aren't. This product could be a winner too.

Better to get all the bad news out there at once. Now that the bad news is out there, which actually, restructuring, partnering, going private, etc isn't really 'bad' imo, they can move forward from here, and they will.

And yes, with 10.2 and the applications coming, they're on their way. They're not 'done' yet.
    10-04-13 05:35 AM
    Rogers just announced not to be carrying Z30 in the future. What a sign.

Posted via CB10
    jgz10 likes this.
    10-04-13 05:44 AM
    If BlackBerry isnt spending the bucks on marketing, you can guess if they have given up or not. The market perception will not allow the Z30 to be a success with the current marketing efforts. I will be very surprised if the Z30 does not approach an inventory write down.

If you think you've failed, you already have. Hopefully BB isn't thinking this way, and I believe they aren't. This product could be a winner too.

Better to get all the bad news out there at once. Now that the bad news is out there, which actually, restructuring, partnering, going private, etc isn't really 'bad' imo, they can move forward from here, and they will.

And yes, with 10.2 and the applications coming, they're on their way. They're not 'done' yet.
    10-04-13 05:59 AM
    I agree that with 10.2 this bb10 device will review a lot better than the z10/q10 ever did. But with specs that aren't even on par with the note 2/ galaxy s 3 all tech reviewers outside of Crackberry will dismiss this device for "last year's model" even though the z30 is just fine with the current hardware. It sucks cause I'm sure 10.2 is miles better, wish it was 10.0 but oh well.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:16 AM
    Now I love my BlackBerry but can anyone remember the nintendo Sony Sega thing nintendo kept going by releasing new devices with software to support and have not really delayed Sony had a massive advertising campaign with the original play station which I don't think anyone understood to start off with and Sega got it wrong and released the Saturn to a saturated market owned by Sony with from what I remember was lacking in software and flopped and now they only do games for other people which they are doing well at. Nintendo went for the leasure gamer market and Sony went for the hardcore gamer both have succeeded Sega were just too late and had no wow factor at the time. Now we have apple who did the wow thing with the iPhone and Google and android devices which have both targeted certain markets BlackBerry need to do the wow thing and get back in to the mainstream which means dates for the release of Os, devices and apps need to be met and stuck to flaws need to be worked on as soon as they are found or what we will have is a software developer with no hardware called blackberry. Qnx seen to be a solid Os with major potential but needs some showing off because ios and android are well established now and it's gonna be a real struggle to get people to move.

Ps sorry to the xbox fans but I know nothing about them or how they came about..

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 08:18 AM
    $700 tho? Epic fail
    10-04-13 09:35 AM
    Without Rogers carrying the z30 it will be a huge fail in Canada.
    10-04-13 10:01 AM
    I've never bought a product starting with the letter "i", because I hate the awful attitude of Apple towards its sheep, even though their products are pretty well designed. thanks to the Genius of Steve Jobs and his team. ( at least until the iPhone 4 . Now they are swimming in circle in a small pound).
    Blackberry has the same attitude. they don't give a sh*t about their consumers. and they don't seem to have learned their lessons after all what happened.
    Since the Playbook fiasco, I have given up on the Blackberry thing. Now I bought a Sony Xperia SP and it is a terrific phone. I miss the BB gestures and the HUB for sure, but at least I will have the support and the ecosystem of Android. 4.3 is coming...
    Last edited by tarektoverso; 10-04-13 at 10:53 AM.
    10-04-13 10:10 AM
    Innovation? Are we really complaining about innovation? No one is truly innovating anymore. All major innovation took place a few years ago. We're sitting in the refinement period now. The OSes are all converging to a point where they will offer the exact same features, but in a different manner. Hardware improvements are having less of an effect on the software than they used to. In the end, it will all come down to how the OS makes you feel when you use it. Preference will be the deciding factor, or it least it should be. People tend to be unreasonable and out for blood these days. Give it a break people.

Pulling a rabbit out of a hat is awesome when you see it for the first time. Pulling a puppy out of a hat is great too, but it won't move anybody like the rabbit did. Innovation.

Posted with my Q10!
    jay_men and solitude1984 like this.
    10-04-13 10:23 AM
    I've never bought a product starting with the letter "i", because I hate the awful attitude of Apple towards its sheep, even though their products are pretty well designed. thanks to the Genius of Steve Jobs and his team. ( at least until the iPhone 4 . Now they are swimming in circle in a small pound).
    Blackberry has the same attitude. they don't give a sh*t about their consumers. and they don't seem to have learned their lessons after all what happened.
    Since the Playbook fiasco, I have gave up on the Blackberry thing. Now I bought a Sony Xperia SP and it is a terrific phone. I miss the BB gestures and the HUB for sure, but at least I will have the support and the ecosystem of Android. 4.3 is coming...
    Glad to see your choice is working out for you. The Sony models are very elegant looking. Aside from apps, how's the Sony Android experience vs BB10 in comparison? Do they have a timeframe of when the Sony Xperia S will get the the 4.3 update? I feel your pain with regards to the PlayBook but that tablet still fills my needs and I still use mine everyday even though it's two years old already.
    10-04-13 10:35 AM
    Sure it could be but all the work has been done so there is no reason not to release it. You never know as it could be a hit now that 10.2 is on it and slowly the apps are coming in.
    They may have already had contracts in place for part and devices that would have cost them to cancel such that they would be no worse off selling them. But if they really are trying to go back to the time when phones were bought by corporate IT department and supplied to employees, then the Z30 might make sense. However, I don't think that model is going to carry the day for them at this time with BYOD and alternative security solutions. All that said, from the outside looking in, what Blackberry is doing does not seem to make too much sense. By end of November, we will have a better idea about the agenda.
    10-04-13 10:43 AM
    Maybe if all the fanboys here bought one outright it would save the product?
    Just a thought.
    Hard to get people to believe, when you spent 650 on z10, broke a few times.....then you spend more money to get a q10 that is half decent....now you want me to shell out another 700 on z30? Can I trust you BB? Prob not....sorry can't support you anymore....
    10-04-13 10:58 AM
    They may have already had contracts in place for part and devices that would have cost them to cancel such that they would be no worse off selling them. But if they really are trying to go back to the time when phones were bought by corporate IT department and supplied to employees, then the Z30 might make sense. However, I don't think that model is going to carry the day for them at this time with BYOD and alternative security solutions. All that said, from the outside looking in, what Blackberry is doing does not seem to make too much sense. By end of November, we will have a better idea about the agenda.
    Not everyone is into the BYOD. It's a good idea but it's not for all. Security is first and foremost what differentiates BlackBerry from the competition and I believe there are still areas where good enough is actually not enough. At the same time, not every company goes for the latest greatest and there are some that take time to upgrade like large financial and government institutions. If BlackBerry wants to provide a larger screened mobile device, why not? Sure there may be other ways of doing things but BlackBerry has already started leaning out the company so going into a niche model is less of a problem.
    10-04-13 11:04 AM
    Glad to see your choice is working out for you. The Sony models are very elegant looking. Aside from apps, how's the Sony Android experience vs BB10 in comparison? Do they have a timeframe of when the Sony Xperia S will get the the 4.3 update? I feel your pain with regards to the PlayBook but that tablet still fills my needs and I still use mine everyday even though it's two years old already.
    Frankly ? it is less confusing when using the Sony. I just miss the swipe gestures. The Sony xperia UI is sleek and intuitive.

about Jelly Bean 4.3, here is the confirmation : On Android Jelly Bean 4.3… | Blog Portal - Sony Smartphones
    They don't give a fixed timeframe, but it is coming for sure.

Now speaking of the Playbook, I am still using it on a dayly basis. I read my e-mails in the morning before leaving to work. Same the afternoon when I return home. thanks to the HUB as I have 6 differents e-mails. this really save my time.

The playbook stays all the night besides me if I need to pick up an information, and I watch sometimes a movie in my bed. It is a great device for sure. I just i would have loved they never uttered any thing about the BB10 coming for Playbook. Yet another stupid move from BB.
    10-04-13 11:10 AM
    Frankly ? it is less confusing when using the Sony. I just miss the swipe gestures. The Sony xperia UI is sleek and intuitive.

about Jelly Bean 4.3, here is the confirmation : On Android Jelly Bean 4.3… | Blog Portal - Sony Smartphones
    They don't give a fixed timeframe, but it is coming for sure.

Now speaking of the Playbook, I am still using it on a dayly basis. I read my e-mails in the morning before leaving to work. Same the afternoon when I return home. thanks to the HUB as I have 6 differents e-mails. this really save my time.

The playbook stays all the night besides me if I need to pick up an information, and I watch sometimes a movie in my bed. It is a great device for sure. I just i would have loved they never uttered any thing about the BB10 coming for Playbook. Yet another stupid move from BB.
    That's great. I just recently got my HTC One officially upgraded to 4.3. Mind you I got the phone knowing HTC was known for not delivering updates like with their previous devices. It'll be interesting to see if HTC / Sony will get the future 4.4 or 4.5. I believe iOS rightly spoiled everybody and there should be the expectation that a given device will be supported for at least 2 years. I believe that is what BlackBerry will be doing with the BB10 devices going forward.

With the PlayBook, I interact with it the same way. I do agree with regards to BlackBerry putting out word on things like having BB10 on the PlayBook and not delivering. It's detrimental to everyone to makes promise and not delivering on them. They should ultimately have the mentality of just doing it or not without the need of paying lip service. It makes me think that being a public company in NA can be a hindrance with all the disclosure requirements, especially for those in technology. Also hard to keep secrets in this day and age of social media.
    10-04-13 11:39 AM
    The product is fine, or so it seems. The problem is that consumers are very "appcentric" and BBRY is trailing behind in that area. What I find interesting are the many people on other platforms who play 1 or 2 games, do not use the phone to anywhere near its full potention, but want the iPhone or Android just because....
    10-04-13 11:49 AM
    BlackBerry right now has three options.
    1. Go all in with their cash and risk it on a product with amazing features, service and marketing.
    2. Keep playing safe and bleed on blinds.
    3. Cash out and Exit the game.
    Problem is, #1 is longer possible (I mean #1 exactly as you stated it). #2 is the equivalent of laying down and dying.

Z30 pricing news shows that BBRY has learned exactly nothing in the past 6 months. It's hard to believe.
    10-04-13 12:48 PM
    of course it will fail. just look at the price. even if the price is 550 it will still fail. who knows about this phone? what hype? and ppl that know about the z30 probably feel its just a bigger z10. if z10 didn't sell, an oversize z10 wont.
    10-04-13 12:57 PM
128 ... 23456