The Z30 pretty much has the exact same specs as the Z10. The ONLY notable differece is the screen size.
    Hmm.. where do I start?

1. Completely different processors. It's akin to comparing a Core i5 vs i7 processor. The MSM8960T found in the Z30 is not just 200Mhz per core faster, but it also features a hardware data prefetcher, improved branch prediction and a completely redesigned quad core GPU unit. These improvements results in 30% - 50% performance increase from the CPU alone.

2. Battery capacity 86% larger than the Z10. Provides 18 hours of talk time (compared to 10 hours on the Z10).

3. Improved paratek antenna design. Boost signal sensitivity even higher than the already efficient Z10 antenna.

4. Completely different screen technology (not just size). Uses Samsung's latest Super AMOLED crossgrid pixel display technology.

4. Miracast enabled, USB on the go with powered port, completely redesigned dual speaker acoustic system, multiple noise cancelling microphone array, FM radio hardware support, e911 GPS baked in etc etc etc

Yepp.. totally the same specs. *rolleyes*
    Last edited by higherdestiny; 10-03-13 at 10:05 PM. Reason: added even more features
    jay_men, wincyUt, cdnynot and 1 others like this.
    10-03-13 09:22 PM
    That's what all the reviewers have said, thus far. And I don't believe they have any reason to lie, do you?
    You do know that there have been many good products which didn't sell well because they weren't marketed effectively, right? Conversely, there are also many useless or bad products/services that sell a "boatload" because of brilliant marketing. You must have heard of the "Pet rock" right? So whats your point?
    My BB10 phone is a very good phone and serves all my professional and social needs. I keep my fingers crossed that BlackBerry survives in whatever format (hopefully as long as my phone gets its full support) in the foreseeable future.
    I don't think anyone is saying BlackBerry isn't making good phones. Hell, even all critics have said that the phone has a very fresh OS. Sadly, it doesn't bring anything new to the plate that could compel users to adapt a change from their current ecosystem. Oh and yes, BlackBerry has no ecosystem when they killed the tablet.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 09:23 PM
    I can't wait for the Z30 to be released in the states. I have a Z10 and loving it. I believe that they need to keep pushing forward. As a business owner you have to keep pushing forward if you want to survive. Promoting there products would be great help and get the carriers to put it out front. I'm going to enjoy there products as long as I can and hope they survive. I know people with the new IPhone and it is nothing special. Just good advertising and promotion. BRING ON THE Z30

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 09:32 PM
    "
    I hope people realise that the cascades OS design has been done by TAT. TAT has always had concepts and never working models. So, I don't understand what people mean by unleashing TAT. As for gimmicks, an example of a Samsung gimmick would be the eye tracking and that of iPhone would be the fingerprint. People really fall for these gimmicks since they are able to market these gimmicks on an already successful line. These are in no way innovations that bring a huge change.

On The other hand, BlackBerry couldn't even sell the time shift as a marketable gimmick as it was not unique (Samsung and Nokia already had it) . There is practically no innovation on the Z10. The truth is BB10 caught up with competitors with BB10, albeit providing a much better OS experience. However, an OS is incomplete without an app ecosystem and has really found it tough to bring the big apps. An incomplete product without any major innovation will be difficult for any company to sell, let alone BlackBerry which already on a downward slope.

"There is nothing that the BlackBerry can do that others can't except the recent instant previews"

Are you talking about "gimmicky features" or OS? From what I have read Samsung is NOT having a walk in the park developing its OS.
    Even if BlackBerry goes belly up tomorrow, lets give credit where it's due; the BB10 is a solid and robust platform that can stand with its head high among the competitors.

Oh by the way the cascade on your phone right now is just the tip of the iceberg of what the "TAT" guys can do. Do some reasearch.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 09:36 PM
    You say you can't recommend the phone, thing of it is either the Z10 or Z30 will still be a great device when you or your family and friends contracts are up and if BlackBerry is done by than they can switch phones. Palm Pre's and the like where still strong a year or two after HP abandoned WebOS. So I think you are safe for the time being in these uncertain times.
    Cheers

Z10 with OS 10.2.0.1767
    10-03-13 09:42 PM
    I don't think anyone is saying BlackBerry isn't making good phones. Hell, even all critics have said that the phone has a very fresh OS. Sadly, it doesn't bring anything new to the plate that could compel users to adapt a change from their current ecosystem. Oh and yes, BlackBerry has no ecosystem when they killed the tablet.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. What do you think would solve BlackBerry's app problem within a short period? If you were Management what would you do to wave the magic wand. Personally I think the top management in inept. But its always easier said than done.
    10-03-13 09:49 PM
    "
    As I said earlier, Samsung's products have never been the best and yet they have captured the market. Innovation and perfection is not their game. They strive to flood the market with all kinds of products. Some of them fail and some of them are a resounding success. BlackBerry doesn't belong to the same strategy.

I have seen all the concept videos of TAT and surely have done my research. They are eventually concepts and mean nothing until they are implemented.

The problem is people are buying these phones on the basis of expectations that can be and not what is. This eventually leads to disappointment.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 09:55 PM
    I remember the excitement for the Z10 among the BlackBerry fans. Some left due to the PlayBook fiasco, some disappointed due to the order hardware in Z10 (affects the choice of a long term investment) and others are now scared of what the future holds for BlackBerry.
    The average consumer always considers the life of the product before investing in a product that is worth 700 bucks and going to stay with him or her for two to three years.

PS: I just love swiping up the predictions on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Lol where's your proof? Because as far as I can tell the average consumer upgrades his/her phone every 6 months to a year. I.e iPhone.

Posted via that z10!
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-03-13 09:56 PM
    Stop focusing on what Apple and Android are doing.... they are not the ones struggling and less than a year away from closing their doors. BlackBerry is. There is already a huge 'for sale' sign on the front lawn. Regardless of what their competition is or is not doing, BlackBerry needs to innovate and lead the market. Period. BB10 is the best OS on the market in my opinion, but only since 10.2 has been released (thru leaks). The BB10 launch has been nothing short of a colossal cluster fck.

And i do agree with you that the Z30 battery is significantly larger, but putting a bigger battery in a phone is hardly innovation. The Z10 was built with a small battery for the size of the phone/screen and should have had at least a 2100mah battery.
    Anyway, i love my Z, but BlackBerry aint getting anymore support from me. They haven't made one smart decision with regards to a successful product launch in over 5 years and it is painfully obvious.
    Lol!! You ain't going anywhere; it's love/hate relationship. We all feel the same.
    10-03-13 09:58 PM
    I agree. What do you think would solve BlackBerry's app problem within a short period? If you were Management what would you do to wave the magic wand. Personally I think the top management in inept. But its always easier said than done.
    I think they are doing what they can with the existing product. But, I see no point on continuing to launch something that is destined to fail.
    The bb10 is an excellent platform, and they should deploy all their resources (TAT Included) to develop a product that puts them ahead of competition and not at par. This or sell phones at cost from launch (and not at loss after inventory write down) to gain high adoption. The management still comes across as the ones with a corporate mindset trying to sell phones to the general consumer. I also think the prosumer market is too small now with the BYOD revolution.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 10:00 PM
    You say you can't recommend the phone, thing of it is either the Z10 or Z30 will still be a great device when you or your family and friends contracts are up and if BlackBerry is done by than they can switch phones. Palm Pre's and the like where still strong a year or two after HP abandoned WebOS. So I think you are safe for the time being in these uncertain times.
    Cheers

Z10 with OS 10.2.0.1767
    I can't recommend them the phone because even BlackBerry isn't sure of their future . I can never recommend to an average user a phone that has a possibility of ceasing to have customer support and might be nearing end of life at launch.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 10:05 PM
    Lol where's your proof? Because as far as I can tell the average consumer upgrades his/her phone every 6 months to a year. I.e iPhone.

Posted via that z10!
    I'm not so sure of your definition of the average consumer. The majority follow their upgrade cycles to buy phones. It is the tech enthusiasts who upgrade their phones that often and no they are not the average consumer.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 10:09 PM
    As I said earlier, Samsung's products have never been the best and yet they have captured the market. Innovation and perfection is not their game. They strive to flood the market with all kinds of products. Some of them fail and some of them are a resounding success. BlackBerry doesn't belong to the same strategy.

I have seen all the concept videos of TAT and surely have done my research. They are eventually concepts and mean nothing until they are implemented.

The problem is people are buying these phones on the basis of expectations that can be and not what is. This eventually leads to disappointment.

Posted via CB10
    Lol! "Buyer beware". Who is really to blame? People who go into a relationship with preconceived notions are bound for disappointments. Like I said, I love my Z10 and will get the Z30. I could do without all these "BlackBerry dramas". Life is too short to waste whining and complaining.
    10-03-13 10:09 PM
    You ask me today what phone I will buy and it will be a BlackBerry. A friend asks me what phone he should buy and I would suggest a BlackBerry along with all warnings of apps and uncertainty of the Company's future. It automatically results in my suggestions being overlooked.
    People go in with the preconceived notions because they want to see something new and believe BlackBerry can provide it. They see promise as the product in its current state is not a complete product for the average joe.

Lol! "Buyer beware". Who is really to blame? People who go into a relationship with preconceived notions are bound for disappointments. Like I said, I love my Z10 and will get the Z30. I could do without all these "BlackBerry dramas". Life is too short to waste whining and complaining.
    10-03-13 10:14 PM
    Picture this. "The Z30 is another failure" and another write down results in another set of quarterly losses. Do you think the current bid by the Fairfax consortium would go through. The consortium parties would be wary to bring forth the cash. Prem Watsa most likely does not have to spend any extra cash and will be rooting for the bid to go through anyway. It is the other partners within the consortium who will be hard to keep post this failure.
    10-03-13 10:18 PM
    Despite all of the trials that Blackberry is going through right now, I will continue to support them till the very end. Is Blackberry perfect, no, far from it? However, they are who I am sticking with. The sooner that they can swallow their pride and institute a sound strategy to implement the needed changes, the sooner they can turn things around and point Blackberry back in the right direction. If they read the forums, and I honestly believe that they have someone monitoring them, they know what they need to do. Will the Z30 be this major game changer, probably not, but with the upgrades that are evident in this device, it does have the potential to give Blackberry some breathing room during their time of reconstruction. I personally think that the Z30 is a step in the right direction and will be glad to get my hands on this beast when it comes to the U.S.
    10-03-13 10:47 PM
    Who cares, keep cranking out Q10s and ill keep buying them. If I want a full touchscreen it's not going to be blackberry

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    10-03-13 11:01 PM
    With a Z10 write down confirmed, and the Q10 write down almost certain, the last thing BlackBerry needs is another write down ona newly launched phone. The idea should have been not to launch a phone until they were prepared.

Despite all of the trials that Blackberry is going through right now, I will continue to support them till the very end. Is Blackberry perfect, no, far from it? However, they are who I am sticking with. The sooner that they can swallow their pride and institute a sound strategy to implement the needed changes, the sooner they can turn things around and point Blackberry back in the right direction. If they read the forums, and I honestly believe that they have someone monitoring them, they know what they need to do. Will the Z30 be this major game changer, probably not, but with the upgrades that are evident in this device, it does have the potential to give Blackberry some breathing room during their time of reconstruction. I personally think that the Z30 is a step in the right direction and will be glad to get my hands on this beast when it comes to the U.S.
    10-03-13 11:07 PM
    With the current competition and if BB survives, it may have to resort to becoming a niche keyboard player.

Who cares, keep cranking out Q10s and ill keep buying them. If I want a full touchscreen it's not going to be blackberry

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    10-03-13 11:08 PM
    the last thing BlackBerry needs is another write down ona newly launched phone. The idea should have been not to launch a phone until they were prepared.
    Do you know how much R&D goes into each model of device? Do you realise how early a company starts developing the hardware for a device release?

The cost of actually producing the device is only a portion of the overall cost of research, design and testing. To halt the process now would result in the loss of that investment.

Also... who says they are unprepared???
    DJM626 likes this.
    10-03-13 11:54 PM
    Do you know how much R&D goes into each model of device? Do you realise how early a company starts developing the hardware for a device release?

The cost of actually producing the device is only a portion of the overall cost of research, design and testing. To halt the process now would result in the loss of that investment.

Also... who says they are unprepared???
    Everyone understands the cost of R&D here. But there is a lot more cost to produce and hold inventory since the Z30 is only taking it further from Z10.
    And no, halting the Z30 would not mean loss of all R&D done till now. The future work will not be possible without the existing R&D. I don't think BlackBerry needs a reboot in the OS they have picked, but be ahead of the competition in terms of features or cost. They need to put themselves together and launch a better product that they can themselves throw their weight behind.

Just because they have a product ready that will only be bought by thousands doesn't mean that they should launch it. It would only spell more doom for them.

The market and their PR campaign for Z30 has delivered the verdict that they are unprepared for any phone launch right now.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 12:05 AM
    The Z30 and Z10 are NOT exact same phone. Apart from the difference in screen size; the Z30 has better speaker system (better for the "Natural Sound" effect); the "Paratek" antenna which is said to be good in areas where the reception is poor; much bigger battery; faster and (supposedly) buttery; etc.

Btw what innovation has Apple or Samsung come with recently? All the gimmicky stuff the competitors have, BlackBerry has them too although sadly have opted to being conservative and not show the world what they got.

It's okay if you don't like the Z30 for whatever reason but please lets be real. To each their own.

I can't wait to lay my hands on that thing of beauty.
    Bro,sammy and apple have an out of box thinking marketing department.Their PR is excellent and amazingly capable of covering the shortfalls of their device and create wow among customers with the same old products.BB is not the market leader nor they have capable sales and marketing team.So if you want to make a come back you gotta have a product which should be a clear winner before launch itself so that it create a launch pad for the device to get it fly off the shelves once it goes retail.Now the current situation is because of the similarities to Z10 poor Z30 is not the product which will better BB market share.They will have to come out with more path breaking usable features if they are serious about their flagship device success.
    10-04-13 12:29 AM
    Everyone understands the cost of R&D here. But there is a lot more cost to produce and hold inventory since the Z30 is only taking it further from Z10.
    And no, halting the Z30 would not mean loss of all R&D done till now. The future work will not be possible without the existing R&D. I don't think BlackBerry needs a reboot in the OS they have picked, but be ahead of the competition in terms of features or cost. They need to put themselves together and launch a better product that they can themselves throw their weight behind.

Just because they have a product ready that will only be bought by thousands doesn't mean that they should launch it. It would only spell more doom for them.

The market and their PR campaign for Z30 has delivered the verdict that they are unprepared for any phone launch right now.

Posted via CB10
    Do you happen to know if contracts are done day to day or months in advance with the various suppliers / manufacturers for a given company? What are the penalties involved should a company decide they do not want to take possession or build a product anymore? Are they still responsible for what was ordered under contract? Also, will this strain existing partnerships who may have to fill the void with someone else? There's lots to consider before scrapping any product as advanced as this in the process. Anyways, isn't it good that BlackBerry has a better product out for the "all important" holiday season?

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    10-04-13 01:14 AM
    Do you happen to know if contracts are done day to day or months in advance with the various suppliers / manufacturers for a given company? What are the penalties involved should a company decide they do not want to take possession or build a product anymore? Are they still responsible for what was ordered under contract? Also, will this strain existing partnerships who may have to fill the void with someone else? There's lots to consider before scrapping any product as advanced as this in the process. Anyways, isn't it good that BlackBerry has a better product out for the "all important" holiday season?

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    A product for the holiday season that even BlackBerry isn't confident enough of marketing. All costs would be much lesser than unsold inventory. It is much easier for a dying company to renegotiate terms with its vendors. There are already reports of manufacturers looking elsewhere for work as they are not confident of BlackBerry being able to provide them business in future.

I'm anyway not for cancelling the Z30. Either release and back your product or don't release at all and suffer losses on unsold inventory. An initial investment should not compel them to continue with their plan and invest more just to gain further losses.

I only hope they limit the production to a small quantity as I am pretty sure that the inventory is going to fail to move without marketing.

Even better, they could have delayed the launch after improving the product a bit more and putting ahead of competition, probably after the sale where they would have a better cash position and lesser shareholders scrutiny to be free to market it's product.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 01:36 AM
    Stop being greedy people. Just because you want the Z30, doesn't mean BlackBerry should release the product over its grave.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 01:38 AM
128 12345 ...