The Z30 and Z10 are NOT exact same phone. Apart from the difference in screen size; the Z30 has better speaker system (better for the "Natural Sound" effect); the "Paratek" antenna which is said to be good in areas where the reception is poor; much bigger battery; faster and (supposedly) buttery; etc.

Btw what innovation has Apple or Samsung come with recently? All the gimmicky stuff the competitors have, BlackBerry has them too although sadly have opted to being conservative and show the world what they got.

It's okay if you don't like the Z30 for whatever reason but please lets be real. To each their own.

I can't wait to lay my hands on that thing of beauty.
    The difference is Apple and Samsung have huge market size and can go without innovating for a much longer time. Innovation has never been Samsung's game anyway. The features that you talk about in the Z30 are going to fail to attract new customers and with every passing day, BlackBerry is losing the game. In comparison, the gimmicks are enough to Samsung or Apple retain their already existing huge customer base and provide them enough time to focus on future R&D with some innovations lined up in future. It's time to stop turning a blind eye to the BlackBerry debacle.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 03:17 PM
    The is a good chance however, the aggressive pricing, direct selling, biggest battery, better and bigger screen, it may have a light chance.

Post via CB Z10
    I don't quite think that the pricing is aggressive and the direct selling isn't going to be an advantage either if the customer service is a disaster. I hope they get the direct selling right. The subsidized sales through carriers is what makes USA such s big market. Not many are going to spend their dollars to pay 700 bucks for a BlackBerry, when they can get an iPhone or a Samsung note3 for 300 bucks or less on contract.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ukmight; 10-03-13 at 03:41 PM.
    10-03-13 03:21 PM
    The Z30 and Z10 are NOT exact same phone. Apart from the difference in screen size; the Z30 has better speaker system (better for the "Natural Sound" effect); the "Paratek" antenna which is said to be good in areas where the reception is poor; much bigger battery; faster and (supposedly) buttery; etc.

Btw what innovation has Apple or Samsung come with recently? All the gimmicky stuff the competitors have, BlackBerry has them too although sadly have opted to being conservative and not show the world what they got.

It's okay if you don't like the Z30 for whatever reason but please lets be real. To each their own.

Short of having teleporting feature, the Z30's spec improvements over the Z10 are far too technical for most consumers to ever consider spending any money on. That plus the dearth of apps puts the Z30 at a distinct disadvantage.
    10-03-13 03:30 PM
    processor is not the same at all, its about 1.5 years newer and clocked at 1.7 ghz instead of 1.5
    Exactly my point... after 1.5 yrs its only 200mhz faster.
    10-03-13 03:37 PM
    I really wouldn't blame the hardware as the iPhone also has a processor clocked similarly. I just don't see any attempt by BlackBerry to make them standout in the market by trying to sell a killer feature not available elsewhere. I love the Samsung ads where they make the consumers think there are amazing features on the phone.

BlackBerry is yet to show any marketing effort to highlight their Instant previews and lock screen notifications.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 03:42 PM

Btw what innovation has Apple or Samsung come with recently? All the gimmicky stuff the competitors have, BlackBerry has them too although sadly have opted to being conservative and not show the world what they got.

Stop focusing on what Apple and Android are doing.... they are not the ones struggling and less than a year away from closing their doors. BlackBerry is. There is already a huge 'for sale' sign on the front lawn. Regardless of what their competition is or is not doing, BlackBerry needs to innovate and lead the market. Period. BB10 is the best OS on the market in my opinion, but only since 10.2 has been released (thru leaks). The BB10 launch has been nothing short of a colossal cluster fck.

And i do agree with you that the Z30 battery is significantly larger, but putting a bigger battery in a phone is hardly innovation. The Z10 was built with a small battery for the size of the phone/screen and should have had at least a 2100mah battery.
    Anyway, i love my Z, but BlackBerry aint getting anymore support from me. They haven't made one smart decision with regards to a successful product launch in over 5 years and it is painfully obvious.
    10-03-13 03:46 PM

You know for sure the speakers are going to sound awesome?
    At the end of the day, the phones are selling.....is BB selling?
    10-03-13 04:01 PM
    Too late now! The phones are probably already made and sitting in a warehouse somewhere (next to lots of Q10s and Z10s).

Their best bet now is to release it and hope it sells moderately, and then from here until some point in the future, when they've regrouped and gotten a handle on their situation, try again with a new device aimed at "prosumers."

At this point, we don't need another "BlackBerry Scraps Flagship Z30 at The Last Minute" headline. They might as well sell what they have and make some money back on the money they've spend on R & D and all that.
    app_Developer and edberry12 like this.
    10-03-13 04:03 PM
    The problem here is that people defend BlackBerry from their perspective. A typical "fanboy". I don't think most realize that they won't have anyone to defend if BlackBerry doesn't step up the game.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 04:04 PM
    Too late now! The phones are probably already made and sitting in a warehouse somewhere (next to lots of Q10s and Z10s).

Their best bet now is to release it and hope it sells moderately, and then from here until some point in the future, when they've regrouped and gotten a handle on their situation, try again with a new device aimed at "prosumers."

At this point, we don't need another "BlackBerry Scraps Flagship Z30 at The Last Minute" headline. They might as well sell what they have and make some money back on the money they've spend on R & D and all that.
    Too late now, for sure. But they could have decided on this probably two months back. The decision to sell, the huge losses weren't arrived at in a week. They must have known this or could see this all along the A10 development.
    Welcome to BlackBerry that is still very much "RIM"

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 04:08 PM
    I really doubt it if an average consumer will buy it with the uncertainty of BlackBerry and consequently warranty,tech support and a BB world store for apps. The uncertainty and statements such as prosumer focus instead of a consumer focus paints a sorry figure for BlackBerry 10. From where I see it, the average consumer wants apps and attractive features (ios or Android fit the bill) whereas the average prosumer wants BBOS.

Sure it could be but all the work has been done so there is no reason not to release it. You never know as it could be a hit now that 10.2 is on it and slowly the apps are coming in.
    10-03-13 04:34 PM
    BlackBerry should stop releasing any new models and concentrate on building their PR and release newer phones when they have a definite marketing strategy. There is no point making losses by releasing incomplete phones. (a phone without a marketing plan to back it up is an incomplete phone IMO).

Posted via CB10
    Right now they are just threading water until someone put them out of their misery..they are not promoting because they want to conserve cash in case the Fairfax deal does not go well.
    10-03-13 05:14 PM
    If I were Blackberry, I would sell the Z30 at cost, price the early adopters low low low, is a BIG phone, it will certainly will show off when someone pick it out on the street, certainly (as it happened with my Z10) people will say... is that a Samsung? And we, the proud Blackberry fans will answer, NO, is the amazing new Blackberry Z30 with the amazing new BB10 OS... so to make it short, big phone will show off, so put as many as you can in the street... but well I'm not marketing expert so I really don't know if something like this will work but I guess some impact may have.
    10-03-13 05:22 PM
    No. I want a z30 now damnit

Posted via CB10
    If you're on Rogers, you won't be able to buy one through them... ufff.
    10-03-13 05:23 PM
    It has a Adreno 320 GPU(also used in the Snapdragon 600)
    10-03-13 05:27 PM
    Can't wait for AT&T to announce the phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:28 PM
    This could be just another failed thread.stop all the doom and gloom please.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-03-13 05:29 PM
    BlackBerry right now has three options.
    1. Go all in with their cash and risk it on a product with amazing features, service and marketing.
    2. Keep playing safe and bleed on blinds.
    3. Cash out and Exit the game.

Just can't make up my mind if I would like to see them press the button 1 or 3.

Posted via CB10
    There is more options than this so slow down. The phone is incomplete due to lack of apps and nothing else. If all apps were present than a great marketing campaign would be worth every penny. This is not there current situation though.

Marketing doesn't change public perception of a company when the media is constantly beating it down every day about every little or big thing it can pick up.

The perception of BlackBerry is not going to change until 1. The sale is complete and 2. They keep on keeping on. Mind you they will still need apps and other things to keep people's minds changing.

Also you forget to note that other revenue streams are not far away with QNX and while this isn't know yet but possibly BBM Channels.

They will probably down size a bit more IMO as the continued loss of service revenue is to large to stop. At some point though things will level off for them

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:36 PM
    I have to say it is a beautiful phone ... had it been released two years ago, I wouldn't have left BB. As it stands right now, it's an overpriced phone by a company with a very uncertain future.
    10-03-13 05:40 PM
    Every BlackBerry product will be a failure with no apps.
    10-03-13 05:42 PM
    BlackBerry and AT&T just need to give me a Z30, white, for a very low price since I bought a PlayBook for way too much money back in the day. Then, I will be happy. I hope that exclusive to VZW stuff is not happening with the white Z30. It better not be.
    10-03-13 06:16 PM
    The difference is Apple and Samsung have huge market size and can go without innovating for a much longer time. Innovation has never been Samsung's game anyway. The features that you talk about in the Z30 are going to fail to attract new customers and with every passing day, BlackBerry is losing the game. In comparison, the gimmicks are enough to Samsung or Apple retain their already existing huge customer base and provide them enough time to focus on future R&D with some innovations lined up in future. It's time to stop turning a blind eye to the BlackBerry debacle.

Posted via CB10
    Kindly give some example of the innovations that you are talking about. Like I stated earlier, BlackBerry has tons of gimmicky features that consumers will fall for and they also have solid R & D unit and have tons of patents. The problem IMO that BlackBerry has is that they are not effectively utilizing and implementing what they got. IMO BlackBerry Management is too conservative and has no guts to take unprecedented chances with the products. Listen to the BBM Inventor guy; watch TAT and what those guys can do. Just imagine if TAT was fully unleashed.
    We agree that the BB10 OS is very good and has great future potentials/capabilities, so what's needed is the "icing on the cake" or shall we say the dressing or aesthetics. One thing for sure that BlackBerry has against it is TIME. Only time will tell.
    10-03-13 08:55 PM
    BlackBerry and AT&T just need to give me a Z30, white, for a very low price since I bought a PlayBook for way too much money back in the day. Then, I will be happy. I hope that exclusive to VZW stuff is not happening with the white Z30. It better not be.
    I think it will be, since ATT and T-Mobile have shown virtually zero interest in BB10 phones. I would assume something exclusive for sprint as well since they skipped the Z10 for the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 08:56 PM
    Kindly give some example of the innovations that you are talking about. Like I stated earlier, BlackBerry has tons of gimmicky features that consumers will fall for and they also have solid R & D unit and have tons of patents. The problem IMO that BlackBerry has is that they are not effectively utilizing and implementing what they got. IMO BlackBerry Management is too conservative and has no guts to take unprecedented chances with the products. Listen to the BBM Inventor guy; watch TAT and what those guys can do. Just imagine if TAT was fully unleashed.
    We agree that the BB10 OS is very good and has great future potentials/capabilities, so what's needed is the "icing on the cake" or shall we say the dressing or aesthetics. One thing for sure that BlackBerry has against it is TIME. Only time will tell.
    I hope people realise that the cascades OS design has been done by TAT. TAT has always had concepts and never working models. So, I don't understand what people mean by unleashing TAT. As for gimmicks, an example of a Samsung gimmick would be the eye tracking and that of iPhone would be the fingerprint. People really fall for these gimmicks since they are able to market these gimmicks on an already successful line. These are in no way innovations that bring a huge change.

On The other hand, BlackBerry couldn't even sell the time shift as a marketable gimmick as it was not unique (Samsung and Nokia already had it) . There is practically no innovation on the Z10. The truth is BB10 caught up with competitors with BB10, albeit providing a much better OS experience. However, an OS is incomplete without an app ecosystem and has really found it tough to bring the big apps. An incomplete product without any major innovation will be difficult for any company to sell, let alone BlackBerry which already on a downward slope.

There is nothing that the BlackBerry can do that others can't (except the recent instant previews)

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 09:09 PM
    That's what all the reviewers have said, thus far. And I don't believe they have any reason to lie, do you?
    You do know that there have been many good products which didn't sell well because they weren't marketed effectively, right? Conversely, there are also many useless or bad products/services that sell a "boatload" because of brilliant marketing. You must have heard of the "Pet rock" right? So whats your point?
    My BB10 phone is a very good phone and serves all my professional and social needs. I keep my fingers crossed that BlackBerry survives in whatever format (hopefully as long as my phone gets its full support) in the foreseeable future.
    10-03-13 09:18 PM
128 1234 ...