I am currently on a iphone 6 and not going to lie miss my bold. The new blackberrys look nice and honestly dont need a bunch of apps or games and lack of call quality on iphone. I was wondering if the z30 can run steam app at all or betflix only two i really use. And also if theres really anything it benifits over the classic other than obvios pkb and such? And also if the texas hold em game works on touch screen think made by magmic i had it on bold.
    12-10-15 10:24 AM
    Sadly the older Z30 is still much better hardware than the Classic... Better Processor, Better GPU, much better speakers. If streaming movies is your thing.

Not sure about the two apps you asked about... but with Cobalt's solution, "most" Android Apps work. It's usually the more complex apps that try to integrate Google Services like Maps that can cause problems.

A big plus on the Z30... is it's also cheaper than the Classic (as I think it's now out of production). So unless you really want the keyboard, I'd go with the Classic.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-10-15 11:26 AM
    If you miss your Bold i think go for Classic, is Nice and feels comfortable

Sent from my Passport
    12-10-15 12:12 PM
    But the specs and price is better z30, difficult decisin becouse they are 2 very different devices, all depend of your needs

Sent from my Passport
    FF22 likes this.
    12-10-15 12:14 PM
    Sadly the older Z30 is still much better hardware than the Classic... Better Processor, Better GPU, much better speakers. If streaming movies is your thing

Not sure about the two apps you asked about... but with Cobalt's solution, "most" Android Apps work. It's usually the more complex apps that try to integrate Google Services like Maps that can cause problems.

A big plus on the Z30... is it's also cheaper than the Classic (as I think it's now out of production). So unless you really want the keyboard, I'd go with the Classic.
    Cerizon still sells it so i dont think its out of production. Could be wrong but i also want to know if the battery is removable on z30. I know the classic cant. And how good is the virtual keyboard on z30 i hate iphones keyboard.
    12-10-15 12:50 PM
    How much slower is the classic and also does the z30 have a removable battery?
    12-10-15 01:14 PM
    I have a Classic and no regrets. The combination of the keyboard and toolbelt works really well for me.
    Bear in mind that I HATE physical keyboards - going so far as to buy a bluetooth keyboard for my iPad. So, I am biased.

I don't watch movies on my Classic, I can't compare it to the Z30, but I do enjoy it overall.
    12-10-15 02:01 PM
    Z30 hands down.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    12-10-15 02:44 PM
    Z30, would never go back to a keypad. Z30 is a beast and battery is fixed but is 2880 mAh so should easily get most people through a day whatever they do.

From my Z30 STA100-2 on OS 10.3.2.2639
    12-10-15 03:10 PM
    How much slower is the classic and also does the z30 have a removable battery?
    I put my z30 up against my buddy's classic in browser speed, opening random (but same) apps, and switching through apps, and I honestly couldn't tell the difference. Well, I could if I really tried, but the speed difference us negligible at best.

So it comes down to you, do you want a physical keyboard? Or do you want a really big screen? That is the main difference between the two.

Oh, and both have non-removable batteries.

Also, the z30 feels like a much more premium device. However, if you use a case then this point is moot.

Good luck.
    12-11-15 09:58 PM
    The call audio is very good on the Blackberry Priv, just letting you know

Posted Via Aaron's BlackBerry Z10 
    12-11-15 09:59 PM
    BlackBerry Z10 🔟 👌😄
    Z30 or classic-img_20151207_220835.png

Posted Via Aaron's BlackBerry Z10 
    12-11-15 10:01 PM
    OP, remember, the search button is your friend Here is the latest thread asking the same thing that might help with your decision http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1047782 and a copy of my post below, since I'm too lazy to re-type it Good luck, either choice you'll love.

(quote) I have had my Z30 since release on VZW, 2yrs now, and have had my work issued Classic since May. They both have their pros and cons compared to each other.

For me, after using both pretty heavily, I pick the Classic as the better productivity phone. While I can now type faster on the Z30 than any other VKB I've tried, it's mainly due to the amazing flicking of accurate predictive text, not the keyboard. That being said, I still haven't been able to approach the speed and accuracy of typing on the Classic, and I type a lot. Also, when it comes to accurate navigation on the screen, one handed use ( a lot of one handed use), cut and paste, editing etc...the Classic hits it out of the ballpark, mainly due to the trackpad and toolbelt.

On the other hand, I do love my Z30 for it's great screen and size, amazing stereo speakers, battery life and browsing experience, the better media phone of the two.

As to performance, even though the Z has better specs, with daily use of both, I don't really notice a difference, especially with app opening and use, switching apps, Hub use and email. If at all, the Z may be a little snappier at page rendering while browsing, but like I said, not enough difference for specs to be a factor for me.

The Z battery life is by far the best of the two, usually 2 days for me but the Classic gets me through a full work day with no problem, not going on the charger until late evening
    If I top it off while at my desk for 20 mins or so, I've still got battery past 23:00.

If I could only have one phone, I'd be hard pressed to choose just one, but in the end, productivity and communication are my priorities, so I'd have to pick the Classic.

That's me and my opinion based on my needs and experience, others may disagree. (quote)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 12-12-15 at 03:22 PM.
    FF22 and Magnetox like this.
    12-12-15 02:34 PM
    I have both and they are excellent mobile devices. The better specs is overblown because the track pad is capable of so much! You cannot go wrong with either. Load Cobalt 's Google Play Store if needed. I am OK with Amazon but then I am not a big app user. If you use Facebook go into the browser and add it to your home screen.
    bigjman likes this.
    12-12-15 09:46 PM
    Native apps are similar on both but I think Z30 a bit better / quicker handles Android apps eg Waze, Spotify, etc.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 11:28 AM
    Z30 speakers are a bit special too

From my Z30 STA100-2 on OS 10.3.2.2639
    12-13-15 11:35 AM
    Thank you all for your replies im going to handle both and see what fits hand better ect. And i am leaning torwards z30 for the speakers cuz i listen to music alot.
    12-13-15 01:37 PM
    OP, remember, the search button is your friend Here is the latest thread asking the same thing that might help with your decision http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1047782 and a copy of my post below, since I'm too lazy to re-type it Good luck, either choice you'll love.

(quote) I have had my Z30 since release on VZW, 2yrs now, and have had my work issued Classic since May. They both have their pros and cons compared to each other.

For me, after using both pretty heavily, I pick the Classic as the better productivity phone. While I can now type faster on the Z30 than any other VKB I've tried, it's mainly due to the amazing flicking of accurate predictive text, not the keyboard. That being said, I still haven't been able to approach the speed and accuracy of typing on the Classic, and I type a lot. Also, when it comes to accurate navigation on the screen, one handed use ( a lot of one handed use), cut and paste, editing etc...the Classic hits it out of the ballpark, mainly due to the trackpad and toolbelt.

On the other hand, I do love my Z30 for it's great screen and size, amazing stereo speakers, battery life and browsing experience, the better media phone of the two.

As to performance, even though the Z has better specs, with daily use of both, I don't really notice a difference, especially with app opening and use, switching apps, Hub use and email. If at all, the Z may be a little snappier at page rendering while browsing, but like I said, not enough difference for specs to be a factor for me.

The Z battery life is by far the best of the two, usually 2 days for me but the Classic gets me through a full work day with no problem, not going on the charger until late evening
    If I top it off while at my desk for 20 mins or so, I've still got battery past 23:00.

If I could only have one phone, I'd be hard pressed to choose just one, but in the end, productivity and communication are my priorities, so I'd have to pick the Classic.

That's me and my opinion based on my needs and experience, others may disagree. (quote)

Posted via CB10
    Just curious. In another thread my idea of mating a 5" screen with a PKB like the Priv's was shot down. Please measure the width of your Z30 with that of the Classic's keyboard to see if they complement each other. One gripe I have about the Priv is that BlackBerry cared more about a big curved screen and the PKB was an afterthought. I think the best balance would have been a Classic keyboard slid under an IPS 5" Z30-sized screen. Thoughts from you who's owned both?

Posted via CB 10 | STA100-3 Z30 | OS 10.3.2.858
    12-13-15 01:47 PM
    Hey OP, any updates for us with your decision?

I have been a Z10 user for almost 2.5 years and looking to upgrade. Love the Classic and the Z30.

I love the Passport too but I guess it is too big for my hands. And I am not completely sold on the Android idea so no Priv for me. Also both these phones are out of my budget. So looking at the Classic and Z30. So far, I am leaning toward the Z30.

EDIT: Spellings
    12-14-15 03:34 PM
    I am currently on a iphone 6 and not going to lie miss my bold. The new blackberrys look nice and honestly dont need a bunch of apps or games and lack of call quality on iphone. I was wondering if the z30 can run steam app at all or betflix only two i really use. And also if theres really anything it benifits over the classic other than obvios pkb and such? And also if the texas hold em game works on touch screen think made by magmic i had it on bold.
    Go with the Q10. Same as Classic + removeable battery.
    Thats my favorite phone!!!

Posted via PP
    12-14-15 03:44 PM
    It's a trade off, productivity of the classic is awesome. Media on z30 is awesome. Both excel in the areas they were made for. Classics tool belt is great for making things quicker and aiding in one handed use. Some apps from android do not work that well when adapting to the square screen. Z30 is great for that nice full screen and speakers. android apps as well work better for the screen size. To me it's a question of what you would miss more the physical keyboard/belt or full 5" screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 09:11 PM
    Just curious. In another thread my idea of mating a 5" screen with a PKB like the Priv's was shot down. Please measure the width of your Z30 with that of the Classic's keyboard to see if they complement each other. One gripe I have about the Priv is that BlackBerry cared more about a big curved screen and the PKB was an afterthought. I think the best balance would have been a Classic keyboard slid under an IPS 5" Z30-sized screen. Thoughts from you who's owned both?

Posted via CB 10 | STA100-3 Z30 | OS 10.3.2.858
    The Classic kb is about 0.05" or just under 1/16" wider than the Z30, and I was including the border trim. I doubt it would be noticeable to anyone because the revered 9900/9930 kb was narrower than the Classic. If the toolbelt was included and it was BB10 only, I would be on that like a dog on bacon. Best of both phones to me. As a matter of fact, I'd buy two, just because.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 01:16 AM
    Thank you all for your replies im going to handle both and see what fits hand better ect. And i am leaning torwards z30 for the speakers cuz i listen to music alot.
    Even if you choose the Classic, a mini Bluetooth speaker will still get you great sound, although the Z30 speakers are by far the loudest and clearest I've heard on any phone so far. People are amazed at the volume that thing can crank out.

As to best fitting your hand, many people are surprised that the Classic is just a hair wider than the Z30, but due to the toolbelt, makes it the easier phone to do a lot of onehanded operations. Onehanded typing is more accurate on the Classic in my opinion due to the physical keys and tactile feedback, I rarely have to even look at the keyboard to type, due to the consistent layout of the Classic keys and my previous BBs. If you are experienced on an 8000 series or 9000 series, you'll be right at home.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 01:29 AM
    Liking my Z30 so far after switching from the Classic. Still getting use to it but the screen is amazing and the speaker is really incredible plus reception is better with the Pirates antenna! I'm I was able to get a new one to use since it sounds like BlackBerry might be switching to Android for the future.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 08:28 PM