11-03-13 01:33 AM
40 12
tools
    I've just purchased the holster. If I insert it with the led visible when in the holster, ie. screen facing away from you. It's very very stiff to insert and almost impossible to get out again. If I insert it the other way, led can't be seen and the screen is facing towards your body, then the phone inserts just fine.
    can anyone with this case and phone try theirs please and confirm if mine is OK or not. Thanks

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    10-30-13 02:28 PM
    I've just purchased the holster. If I insert it with the led visible when in the holster, ie. screen facing away from you. It's very very stiff to insert and almost impossible to get out again. If I insert it the other way, led can't be seen and the screen is facing towards your body, then the phone inserts just fine.
    can anyone with this case and phone try theirs please and confirm if mine is OK or not. Thanks

Yes... that is how it is on mine. Just think that's the way it was designed?
    uktivo likes this.
    10-30-13 02:49 PM
    I have a pocket: I like to use the device naked (and most charging pods require the device be caseless) and I don't like the idea of a holster getting snagged on things... for now I keep my Z30 in my pocket alone, with nothing else, but I've got an official leather pocket / pouch on order... so for me, best of both: protection in pockets and naked in the hand. Of course, it's not protected if it drops, but I don't use my bare device in drop-likely situations.
    10-30-13 02:59 PM
    I really like the flip case, it's the first time I've ever used something like it, and it works well, it can stay closed for calls so that makes it easy and it protects the screen better than nothing. Plus it replaces the back cover so it doesn't add much bulk

Posted from my Z30.
    10-30-13 03:12 PM
    Sorry boys, but Daddy needs a bigger codpiece than the Z30 could ever be!!!

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench likes this.
    10-30-13 03:45 PM
    I really like the flip case, it's the first time I've ever used something like it, and it works well, it can stay closed for calls so that makes it easy and it protects the screen better than nothing. Plus it replaces the back cover so it doesn't add much bulk

Posted from my Z30.
    I've got the flip also and must say I think I will move back to it tomorrow and return this flip case. Seems pointless if it covers the led.

10-30-13 03:53 PM
    If I insert it with the led visible when in the holster, ie. screen facing away from you. It's very very stiff to insert and almost impossible to get out again. If I insert it the other way, led can't be seen and the screen is facing towards your body, then the phone inserts just fine.
    They are designed to go in with LED towards the clip. I guess they assume you are not going to see the LED blinking on your hip and when not on your hip it would be out of the case.

The case will break in eventually if you continue putting it in face out, but eventually you are going to drop the phone when you flip it to bring the phone to your face. Put in with the screen towards the clip, you can take the phone out in one motion and bring it to your face and answer it.

I use the holster, but eventually you get a bit numb to the vibration. The better solution is the slip case and in a pocket. With the flip case, you can see the LED when the phone is still in its case and on a desk.
    uktivo likes this.
    10-30-13 04:41 PM

I'd be putting screen in facing my body, my body is softer than any desk edges or whatever may end up poking/catching on my device. I've always put my tech gadget screen side in. Just makes sense.
    10-31-13 07:49 AM
    They are designed to go in with LED towards the clip. I guess they assume you are not going to see the LED blinking on your hip and when not on your hip it would be out of the case.

The case will break in eventually if you continue putting it in face out, but eventually you are going to drop the phone when you flip it to bring the phone to your face. Put in with the screen towards the clip, you can take the phone out in one motion and bring it to your face and answer it.

I use the holster, but eventually you get a bit numb to the vibration. The better solution is the slip case and in a pocket. With the flip case, you can see the LED when the phone is still in its case and on a desk.
    Due to my uniform and work I've been using holsters since my PalmPilot and Treo days, now my 9930, in the office, in the hangar, in the field etc.. virtually during all my wake hours and have never really had snagging issues nor loss of sensitivity to vibrate mode. Only way to go for me as it's quickly accessible, better protected than in my pants or jacket pocket (for me), sleep mode enabled, one hand accessible/usable and still naked for use. I tried other clip/holder and OtterBox systems, that while better protected, were too bulky for me and slip case systems require two hand for access, which many time is inconvenient for me. It comes down to personal preference and use.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 11-01-13 at 10:44 AM.
    Toddboy71 likes this.
    10-31-13 12:11 PM
    I've got the flip also and must say I think I will move back to it tomorrow and return this flip case. Seems pointless if it covers the led.

The case is designed to show the LED light while in the holster, otherwise why would they have the cutout at the top. I have the Z10 holster which is identical. At first it was stiff, but after much plying and prodding from me, plus time itself, the phone now moves fairly freely within the case. Of course then I started using a 3800 mAh battery. So much for that holster right now, lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 05:16 PM
    The case is designed to show the LED light while in the holster, otherwise why would they have the cutout at the top. I have the Z10 holster which is identical. At first it was stiff, but after much plying and prodding from me, plus time itself, the phone now moves fairly freely within the case. Of course then I started using a 3800 mAh battery. So much for that holster right now, lol.

Posted via CB10
    It definitely doesn't feel right going into the holster with the led showing. It is extremely stiff. Virtually impossible to remove with one hand.

10-31-13 05:22 PM
    My Z10 pouch was stiff putting the device in with the LED hidden; I found out by putting it in backwards once... I had to use a crowbar and vegetable oil to get it out.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 05:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    No. Blackberries have always gone face-in. If you put the phone in the other way the flap covers the headphone jack.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30
    11-01-13 11:07 PM
    I saw a video for a flip top Blackberry Z30 case but you have to take the back off to fit it in?? Doesnt this stuff up NFC? Why can't BB put out the same flip top they make for my Q10. Just clip the phone, close the cover and it goes to sleep, saving your battery.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using CB Forums mobile app
    11-02-13 02:40 AM
    I saw a video for a flip top Blackberry Z30 case but you have to take the back off to fit it in?? Doesnt this stuff up NFC? Why can't BB put out the same flip top they make for my Q10. Just clip the phone, close the cover and it goes to sleep, saving your battery.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using CB Forums mobile app
    No, the Flip Case is NFC compatible. And by making it part of the phone case, it's actually slimmer and more secure than if the phone just sat inside it.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30
    11-03-13 01:33 AM
40 12