I'm finding it so hard to make a decision.
    It's a corporate phone for support, it's important that it be with me at all times. I don't wear a suit jacket and I wear business casual.

Holster:
    The Holster is huge, I might as well be carrying around a sword in that thing. I'm worried while sitting it might push against my leg or my side or just get in the way, it's just akward.

Flip:
    Maybe it's just me but I find the flip akward too, I need to take it out of my pocket, fold it open, too many steps. I'm not crazy about the whole flip open thing, these must be new on the market, Ive never seen them before. I did notice they don't stand up like the Z10 flips. In my case I would put this in my pocket.

Transformer:
    Could they have made this thing any cheaper? when I saw it on display I thought it was a 3rd party, not a first part BB accessory. It feels like it will break easily, cheap plasticy and doesn't cover your phone like a true bumper, like what most people use on their Iphone or Samsungs to protect it in simple drops, this offers nothing. It does offer a little kick stand to prop it up.This would also stay in my pocket if I selected it.

I keep my wallet in my left front pocket and a few essential keys in the right pocket, I don't like anything in the back pockets. I guess I might have to consolidate keys and wallet together in the left if I choose to put phone in the right, pocket real estate is getting tough these days.

In all cases I need to be able to feel the phone vibrating in case I receive a support call or text.
    10-09-13 11:04 AM
    Holster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people hate them and they're supposed to be uncool but I always carry my BlackBerry at my wait while at work.
    bunky1971 and 3hb78ftg like this.
    10-09-13 11:32 AM
    Naked!!!

Posted via Z10
    ninad7 likes this.
    10-09-13 11:33 AM
    Holster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people hate them and they're supposed to be uncool but I always carry my BlackBerry at my wait while at work.
    +1
    10-09-13 11:39 AM
    I rock a holster, myself. It gives me easier access when a phone call or text comes in as my phone is just a flip and pull away. If it’s an official genuine BlackBerry case you can rotate it to make it more comfortable in either a sitting or standing position.
    10-09-13 12:13 PM
    Holster!
    Been using mine for a week with the Z30 and have no issues with it pushing against my side/leg. If anything it's more comfortable than my Bold holster was.
    10-10-13 06:16 AM
    I love my Z40 to death and been using it for a week now... but I have ordered the case twice now and none fit. this is the original Z30 case.. has anyone had this experience? does anyone have a Z30 case that actually fits the phone

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 01:07 PM
    anyone use not-too-bulky all-around case? I have seidio surface case for z10 (not going that far for otterbox) and it's solid and protect all edges, not just corners, but seems a little bit big. I'm planning to buy z30 and want to know how transfromer case compare to equivalent of seidio surface case on z30.
    Regarding flip case, how do you feel to flip it to take the call and hold it during the call?
    Regarding holster, doesn't that seem awkward for such a big phone at the belt?
    Thanks.
    10-28-13 08:57 AM
    anyone use not-too-bulky all-around case? I have seidio surface case for z10 (not going that far for otterbox) and it's solid and protect all edges, not just corners, but seems a little bit big. I'm planning to buy z30 and want to know how transfromer case compare to equivalent of seidio surface case on z30.
    Regarding flip case, how do you feel to flip it to take the call and hold it during the call?
    Regarding holster, doesn't that seem awkward for such a big phone at the belt?
    Thanks.
    Neve used the holster as I don't like stuff on my hip for work reasons and simply find it annoying. Flip case is okay. I found it a little tiresome to flip open all the time but I did find it had a nice professional look to it. Calls are fine but annoying as heck if you need the number bad. In the end I returned the case for an otterbox

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    10-28-13 09:23 AM
    I'd recommend the Leather Swivel Holster, it's well made and offers good protection... plus you don't have to worry about accidentally dropping change or other things in your pocket with your phone (I have a nasty habit of doing that).
    10-28-13 09:33 AM
    On my Z10, I love the BlackBerry "Transform Shell". It has protected my phone since February, no nicks or scratches, even though I have dropped it quite a few times, including twice onto concrete from hand level. Not a single dent or problem. Even though it looks flimsy, the transform shell has been good for my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 10:41 AM
    I'll be getting the Z30 from Verizon when it's released and I like using the leather pouch for my current phone. I called the Crackberry store and spoke with a very helpful customer service rep. She let me know they will be carrying the leather case as well as several other Z30 accessories but (there's always a but) it might be up to 2 weeks after the US release. She suggested logging on to the site after the phone is released and preordering for faster delivery.
    10-28-13 10:55 AM
    I'm in love with the Flip Cover, frankly. I hadn't used one before, and for the first half-day or so I agree with the OP's observation about "awkwardness" and extra steps. However, since opening the cover actually wakes up the phone and saves a swipe, that helps make up for it a bit.

It's a VERY solidly made accessory and the leather gives the device a more luxurious feel. I frequently wear carpenter jeans for work and the phone sites nicely in the side seam pocket. I've got the holster for "dressier" occasions, but I'm really digging the Flip Cover.
    10-28-13 10:57 AM
    I'm in love with the Flip Cover, frankly. I hadn't used one before, and for the first half-day or so I agree with the OP's observation about "awkwardness" and extra steps. However, since opening the cover actually wakes up the phone and saves a swipe, that helps make up for it a bit.

It's a VERY solidly made accessory and the leather gives the device a more luxurious feel. I frequently wear carpenter jeans for work and the phone sites nicely in the side seam pocket. I've got the holster for "dressier" occasions, but I'm really digging the Flip Cover.
    I'm kind of curious, does the phone still fit in the holster with the flip case on?
    10-28-13 11:05 AM
    Personally I tend to use the leather pocket for transport, then whip it out naked for use.

I have a question about the flip case, though.

I understand it has the shut off / wake up mechanism incorporated, but does the lid actually shut magnetically as well? The Z10 flip was free so didn't stay shut and would actually accumulate more pocket lint than if the screen wasn't covered.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:14 AM
    You still need case even if you use holster to prevent drop while holding the phone, right? Any holster can hold z30 with transformer case ?
    10-28-13 11:58 AM
    I'm kind of curious, does the phone still fit in the holster with the flip case on?
    No. The back is thicker.

To me, the Flip Case is great if you're carrying the phone in a pocket. The holster is for when you don't have a pocket available.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30
    10-28-13 04:12 PM
    Personally I tend to use the leather pocket for transport, then whip it out naked for use.

I have a question about the flip case, though.

I understand it has the shut off / wake up mechanism incorporated, but does the lid actually shut magnetically as well? The Z10 flip was free so didn't stay shut and would actually accumulate more pocket lint than if the screen wasn't covered.

Posted via CB10
    Lid does not clasp to anything but the way it hinges is very nice. After a few days of use it will sit nicely either fully closed, open flat, or folded back.

10-28-13 04:14 PM
    Posted via CB10
    UK/overseas release for a leather pouch correct? That's what I wanted to use but was disappointed to find none included with my telus purchased phone. No branding was a nice plus though.
    10-28-13 04:53 PM
    Do what I did with the Z10 and get all three! +an otterbox for good measure.

Holster for work
    Flip (pocket pouch for Z10) for around town and going out)
    Transformer around the house (The blue one for Z30 looks great, anyone have it?)
    Otterbox for well Otterbox situations.
    10-28-13 05:05 PM
    Holster!
    Been using mine for a week with the Z30 and have no issues with it pushing against my side/leg. If anything it's more comfortable than my Bold holster was.
    It's large enough for me to just plan on using it as a codpiece. No side or leg issues that way I have 3 Z30s in holsters, no problem.

Z30 Case selection - Holster / Flip / Transformer - All poor choices for someone on support?-codpiece.jpg
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 10-29-13 at 10:57 AM.
    10-28-13 06:22 PM
    It's large enough for me to just plan on using it as a codpiece. No side or leg issues that way
    Z30 Case selection - Holster / Flip / Transformer - All poor choices for someone on support?-sp_0609_07_v6.jpg
    10-28-13 06:33 PM
    UK/overseas release for a leather pouch correct? That's what I wanted to use but was disappointed to find none included with my telus purchased phone. No branding was a nice plus though.
    can't comment on in-store uk purchase. I got my Z30 from Amazon UK, didn't come with the leather pocket included (only usb/plug and earbuds). Got my pocket separately from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 02:16 AM
    No suit or jacket for me at work so a holster is the only way to go.
    10-29-13 10:44 AM
    It's large enough for me to just plan on using it as a codpiece. No side or leg issues that way I have 3 Z30s in holsters, no problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	codpiece.jpg 
Views:	671 
Size:	212.5 KB 
ID:	215358
    I really wish I could un-see that...

bizzyqu and rotorwrench like this.
    10-29-13 07:56 PM
40 12