You know what's even BETTER for people who are "serious about photography"? A camera!

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    Obviously those who are serious and professional photographers will have their own DSLR cameras, but those who are mildly into photography and those who put cameras first when choosing a phone would most likely choose a Lumia 1020.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 10:40 PM
    Not at all. And all you are doing is just completely dodging all my my points and keep spitting up other points that are completely irrelevant and are trying to make it seem as if I don't get it when that clearly isn't the case.

Posted via CB10
    Sure buddy whatever you gotta tell yourself.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 10:40 PM
    Obviously those who are serious and professional photographers will have their own DSLR cameras, but those who are mildly into photography and those who put cameras first when choosing a phone would most likely choose a Lumia 1020.

Posted via CB10
    No buddy wants that fat *** form factor. Z1 will eat 1020's lunch in the camera niche market.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 10:41 PM
    No buddy wants that fat *** form factor. Z1 will eat 1020's lunch in the camera niche market.

Posted via CB10
    How so? Have you used one? You know this for a fact?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 10:45 PM
    The permanent battery will allow for continuous tracking even if you think the phone is off. All phones will eventually go this route.

QNX posted via CB10
    wnyjackson likes this.
    09-11-13 10:51 PM
    How so? Have you used one? You know this for a fact?

Posted via CB10
    Are you kidding me...put the z1 beside the 1020...no contest...one has android and arguably the most appealing hardware design ever?...the other a fat unbalanced albeit well made 920 with a mini hockey puck on the back and it runs a non android or apple OS..........it doesnt take a genius here. One has a 2.2ghz quad core processor+ a 330 adreno gpu and a 1080p screen with a 3000mah batt in it..the other 2012 dual core from the S3...and a 720p screen.

Should I keep going?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 10:53 PM
    I'm a prople...lol
    Welcome to CB!

Back on topic, I wished this device had something.. like, waterproofing, scratch resistant glass, bigger aperture, superb low light photos, slowmo video recording, faster shutter speed, 4k recording, etc. at least one of those, to attract prople.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-12-13 02:37 AM
    Not at all. And all you are doing is just completely dodging all my my points and keep spitting up other points that are completely irrelevant and are trying to make it seem as if I don't get it when that clearly isn't the case.

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry you are not the one "not getting it".

The Z30, if it gets sold for 600$ off-contract is DOA.
    If it is 199$ on contract, it is still DOA.

If the biggest "feature" the fanboys are touting as "incredible" will be the battery life, that phone is DOA.

Pretty much everything the Z30 offers are old specs.
    And 0.8 inches more screen size than the Z10.
    There is exactly 0 reason to think that the Z30 will sell substantially more, under the current market structure than the Z10 did.

Edit:
    The iPhone 5s still only has a 4 inch screen.
    With lots of imagination, one could fathom that this may actually give them a little edge (but realistically this advantage gets completely destroyed by a lack of apps).

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    09-12-13 04:00 AM
    All your ifs will be answered and even with the most incredible phone on the world, some people still call it bad for some reason.

For me, all the if sentences with DOA are just blah blah blah.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 04:05 AM
    All your ifs will be answered and even with the most incredible phone on the world, some people still call it bad for some reason.

For me, all the if sentences with DOA are just blah blah blah.

Posted via CB10
    Well, we will see how good the Z30 sells anyway, no matter if I say that it is pretty much DOA as long as a certain set of requirements isn't met, and you say that the DOA talk is blah-blah.

I just see history repeating itself for BlackBerry, that's all there is.
    The initial PlayBook pricing, the initial Z10 pricing and the initial Q5 pricing for example.
    When we look at them, we can objectively say that BlackBerry overpriced their devices heavily and that the market punished them for that.

Why the Z30 shouldn't suffer the same fate, wasn't something anyone could explain until today.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-12-13 04:40 AM
    Can someone tell me a launch date for VZ wireless?
    09-12-13 05:01 AM
    Are you kidding me...put the z1 beside the 1020...no contest...one has android and arguably the most appealing hardware design ever?...the other a fat unbalanced albeit well made 920 with a mini hockey puck on the back and it runs a non android or apple OS..........it doesnt take a genius here. One has a 2.2ghz quad core processor+ a 330 adreno gpu and a 1080p screen with a 3000mah batt in it..the other 2012 dual core from the S3...and a 720p screen.

Should I keep going?

Posted via CB10
    First of all...we are talking about the camera Itself here. But if you want to continue with the inconsistencies why aren't you criticizing the Z30 for having those specs and not running iOS or Android all while being released significantly later than the Lumia 1020? Second of all...Android is a very resource hungry OS, hence those specs. Third of all...you keep forgetting the time difference between release dates of these devices. Fourth of all...Nokia is launching the Lumia1520 (their phablet) with very high end specs and a 20 MP camera that works in the same fashion as the Lumia 1020's. That device will also add to the camera niche of the market (though it seems that might be Nokia's standard now). Not sure what else other manufacturers have in store.

You can't say one device is better because of design. That is all opinion. The same goes for which OS the devices run.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ajst222; 09-12-13 at 05:55 AM.
    09-12-13 05:44 AM
    Can someone tell me a launch date for VZ wireless?
    There are no launch dates for any carriers at this point. Sorry!

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 05:45 AM
    So I guess no one needs anymore info on the Z30

Posted via CB10
    ESCON likes this.
    09-12-13 06:43 AM
    So I guess no one needs anymore info on the Z30

Posted via CB10
    The specs have been leaked to death, some benchmarks and a launch date with price would be nice

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 06:45 AM
    Give us your thoughts on the phone and a quick list of the specs you know first hand....
    09-12-13 07:19 AM
    I'm a prople...lol
    Whaaa- nice catch, I certainly didn't notice.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-12-13 07:47 AM
    My question was for "althedon " and are there headless apps on your phone yet?
    09-12-13 08:06 AM
    OS speed. Comparing to say the Z10, faster slow or about the same?
    Physical, easy to handle or needing two hands to be comfortable?
    Apps, if you have any common ones installed (from bb world) do they look stretched compared to the Z10?
    09-12-13 08:18 AM
    Images had to be removed sorry guys

Posted via CB10
    This is teh Interwebs, nothing is ever truly "removed."

The pics are out there *cough*BerryReview*cough*
    shupor likes this.
    09-12-13 08:49 AM
    Images had to be removed sorry guys

Posted via CB10
    Might as well put them back up
    BlackBerry Z30 Rumored to be Entering Carrier Testing & Hitting Bell Shortly - Case Spotted on eBay - BerryReview
    09-12-13 09:25 AM
    Tell us anything of substance. Screen resolution, processor, battery size etc. I'm feeling like this thread is fake.
    09-12-13 10:02 AM
    There are no launch dates for any carriers at this point. Sorry!

Posted via CB10
    That is tough but thank you for the reply! I thought at one point in time I had read somewhere here Sept 8th was a launch date but obviously that was incorrect.

I've been a life long BB user but I've found that as tech increases I yearn for functionality. BB has been great for me up until three years ago when they started to lose the race. Since I now have very young kids I would love to be able to watch a movie on Netflix while we have a layover in the airport or are hanging out in a hotel room and don't have access to my Ipad. Being a SBO I would love it when I enter calendar appointments on my BB Bold all jobs would transfer to my Gmail account so that my associates can view the jobs as one has the Note and one has a Galaxy S4. I would live to be able to use Square for my business and begin accepting credit cards but Square does not work on the BB platform.

I continue to keep my fingers crossed.
    09-12-13 10:04 AM
    That is tough but thank you for the reply! I thought at one point in time I had read somewhere here Sept 8th was a launch date but obviously that was incorrect.

I've been a life long BB user but I've found that as tech increases I yearn for functionality. BB has been great for me up until three years ago when they started to lose the race. Since I now have very young kids I would love to be able to watch a movie on Netflix while we have a layover in the airport or are hanging out in a hotel room and don't have access to my Ipad. Being a SBO I would love it when I enter calendar appointments on my BB Bold all jobs would transfer to my Gmail account so that my associates can view the jobs as one has the Note and one has a Galaxy S4. I would live to be able to use Square for my business and begin accepting credit cards but Square does not work on the BB platform.

I continue to keep my fingers crossed.
    I believe BerryReview says something about late September or October. Who really knows! I'm with you as well. I was big on BlackBerry until I left them for Android in late 2011. That didn't last long as I was on a Bold 9930, then a Torch 9850 and now my Z10. I feel that BB10 has let me down quite a bit. I figured that it would be a breath of fresh air along with Heins and the new executive team but that clearly didn't work out as planned. I do like my Z10 but I don't think that it fits my needs as I thought it would.
    09-12-13 10:09 AM
    Stay on topic please. Many posts have been removed from this thread that were, at a minimum, severely off topic.
    09-12-13 12:12 PM
127 ... 23456