Just got my Z30 yesterday and tried a couple of times to take some pictures with it but I can't get the flash to work. I've tried going to options and the flash option is greyed out. The light works fine for the video camera but no flash for the still camera.

Is there a mystery setting somewhere that I need to enable?

Thanks,
    P_M
    12-04-13 09:30 AM
    Just got my Z30 yesterday and tried a couple of times to take some pictures with it but I can't get the flash to work. I've tried going to options and the flash option is greyed out. The light works fine for the video camera but no flash for the still camera.

Is there a mystery setting somewhere that I need to enable?

Thanks,
    P_M
    Sounds like you should return it and get a replacement. Try reloading the OS and see if that helps tho. Does the light turn on in Video Camera mode?
    12-04-13 10:23 AM
    Sounds like you should return it and get a replacement. Try reloading the OS and see if that helps tho. Does the light turn on in Video Camera mode?
    Yes, the light comes on in video mode (when I ask it to) but the flash option is greyed out on the still camera options for both 'normal' and time shift. I'm really hoping I don't have to exchange the device because Rogers doesn't carry them in store so I'll have to mail it in and get a new one sent out to me
    12-04-13 01:34 PM
    Can you take a screen shot and post. I was having some issues with mine but all is well now. Not sure if I was doing something wrong or what.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 01:39 PM
    Yes, the light comes on in video mode (when I ask it to) but the flash option is greyed out on the still camera options for both 'normal' and time shift. I'm really hoping I don't have to exchange the device because Rogers doesn't carry them in store so I'll have to mail it in and get a new one sent out to me
    and the plot thickens... I was just playing around with it and I can use the flash in 'normal' mode but as soon as I turn on the stabilisation mode the option to use the flash is removed. So aparently you aren't allowed to use the flash if you have shakey hands.
    12-04-13 01:40 PM
    Can you take a screen shot and post. I was having some issues with mine but all is well now. Not sure if I was doing something wrong or what.

Posted via CB10

Z30 Camera Flash not working-img_00000008.png

Z30 Camera Flash not working-img_00000007.png

Z30 Camera Flash not working-img_00000006.png

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 01:49 PM
    Lol stabilization mode removes the flash feature. There's no need to have stabilization with the flash on because your camera lens doesn't have to stay open longer to take in light. And with burst, There's no way you can have the flash either continuously stay on or flash at the rate you take the pictures.
    12-04-13 01:58 PM
    Lol stabilization mode removes the flash feature. There's no need to have stabilization with the flash on because your camera lens doesn't have to stay open longer to take in light. And with burst, There's no way you can have the flash either continuously stay on or flash at the rate you take the pictures.
    Makes it tough to take a picture in the dark if you have shakey hands though. Not insurmountable and certainly makes sense though. Will have to put you in timeout though for using reason and logic on the internet...
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    12-04-13 02:00 PM
    Makes it tough to take a picture in the dark if you have shakey hands though. Not insurmountable and certainly makes sense though. Will have to put you in timeout though for using reason and logic on the internet...
    Haha yea damn logic always getting in the way!
    But honestly, just try a normal shot at night (properly focused of course) and you'll see that the flash photos are not blurry. You may notice, however, that for moving objects will come out blurry and black backgrounds may be grainy. Hopefully the software will get better over time, but for now, I just live with what I got.

Attachment 226952
    12-04-13 02:14 PM
    Haha yea damn logic always getting in the way!
    But honestly, just try a normal shot at night (properly focused of course) and you'll see that the flash photos are not blurry. You may notice, however, that for moving objects will come out blurry and black backgrounds may be grainy. Hopefully the software will get better over time, but for now, I just live with what I got.

Attachment 226952
    I have to keep reminding myself that it's 'just' a cell phone that happens to have a camera in it ;P
    theblob and TrueKulcha like this.
    12-04-13 02:40 PM
    Sorry man, i went way extreme with my answer. I should have asked you what mode you had it in.
    12-04-13 02:50 PM
    Sorry man, i went way extreme with my answer. I should have asked you what mode you had it in.
    No need to apologize.. Any help is usefull. Besides, without extreme suggestions there can be no middle ground. Another problem solved (in record time) by your friendly neighbourhood CrackBerrians!
    TrueKulcha and Thachoc1 like this.
    12-04-13 03:14 PM
    I just remembered playing around with the settings until something changed lol. Anyway, all's well that ends well. Back in the summer I was attending a friend's picnic with my Z10 and had a hellova time using the camera then hahahaha.

Posted via CB10
    paper_monkey and Thachoc1 like this.
    12-04-13 03:21 PM
    Yep. Me too.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 01:18 PM