Will it be as good as the s4 or HTC one? .

I am quite puzzled non of the hands on tested such important feature.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 11:28 AM
    There have been no 'real' hands on tests yet made public.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 11:31 AM
    Nope, 8mpx sensor with average aperture, iso, etc.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-17-13 11:33 AM
    Oh goodness. Haven't they learn already.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 11:37 AM
    At this point they just seem to be cruising until that big QNX update in December and then they can start building hardware with better specs like a quad core processor.

Sent from my Q10
    09-17-13 01:10 PM
    My experience is that it's on par, or perhaps slightly improved, over the Z10 camera.
    09-17-13 01:22 PM
    Neither the HTC One of the S4 are the gold standard in cameras lol.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-17-13 01:55 PM
    But both are better than the Z30.

09-17-13 01:58 PM

I've done comparison shots with the one and z10 and in some scenarios the one is better and in other the z10 is better.

Z10 is better in daylight and macro shots, the one is better at night and action

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 02:20 PM
    BlackBerry has never been know to have great cameras so I don't know why anyone is surprised. My Q10's camera is a decent shooter and has average video recording abilities, and that's all I ask for. If I was someone who was really into photography I'd have bought a Nokia.

Sent from my Q10
    09-17-13 02:20 PM
    I have to say that as long as it is as good or better than the Z10 I will be happy! The Z10 for me takes great pics and also does really well with video. I don't have any complaints about the camera.

With that said I would like to see BlackBerry step it up with some of the specs to appease the media but I think they are doing a good job showing the world that specs are not everything! I have checked out specs of several new devices hitting the market and there doesn't seem to be such a huge deal about quad cores and octa cores as people originally thought there would be. That kind of horsepower just isn't needed in mobile handsets! And even if you do manage to make use of the power with the OS, it will suck a battery dry in no time!

Posted From My Amazing Z10 via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1323
    09-17-13 03:01 PM
    The only thing I really hope to have with the Z30 camera is more zoom than whast the Q10 is capable of. Beyond that I'm satisfied with the camera. I've learned what settings work best at what times. I tend to switch to 'beach and snow' mode for night time shots. I feel it defuses the light burst that show up. And I love 'burst' mode for targets in motion.

So for me, as long as the Z30 camera is on par with the other BB10 devices, I'm Ok with that.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    09-17-13 03:35 PM
    Where did you hear about this? I can't seem to find anything about it. Just curious...

At this point they just seem to be cruising until that big QNX update in December and then they can start building hardware with better specs like a quad core processor.

Sent from my Q10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    09-17-13 03:45 PM
    I have to say that as long as it is as good or better than the Z10 I will be happy! The Z10 for me takes great pics and also does really well with video. I don't have any complaints about the camera.

With that said I would like to see BlackBerry step it up with some of the specs to appease the media but I think they are doing a good job showing the world that specs are not everything! I have checked out specs of several new devices hitting the market and there doesn't seem to be such a huge deal about quad cores and octa cores as people originally thought there would be. That kind of horsepower just isn't needed in mobile handsets! And even if you do manage to make use of the power with the OS, it will suck a battery dry in no time!

Posted From My Amazing Z10 via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1323

Yet most Androids with quad cores have much better battery life than the Z10.

As for Camera comparisons... there are industry trusted professionals out there that test these types of things

Summary

With a DxOMark Mobile score of 67 the Blackberry Z10 is ranked toward the lower end of the DxO smartphone ranking. Its score is one point above the HTC 8X and Nokia Lumia 920 Windows phones, but it cannot keep up with the best in class such as the Nokia 808, Apple iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S3.

The DxOMark team report that the Blackberry Z10 captures images with "Nice detail preservation including in low light conditions," "good white balance," overall good auto exposure" and "accurate autofocus in most situations."

On the downside: Images show "very strong luminance noise in low light," "clearly visible color shading with tungsten light source in low light or D50 lighting" and "slight color fringing. When using the flash, white balance can be inaccurate." Color shading occurs when flash is mixed with a tungsten light source.

In video mode, DxOMark's engineers reported that the Blackberry Z10 offers "reactive autofocus with some tracking abilities," but on the downside video footage shows "visible color non-uniformities," "perfectible texture reproduction" and provides "inefficient video stabilization."
    So let's hope that with the Z30 BlackBerry does much better, because most of these guys have put out new devices since then with an emphasis on better camera technology. A minor upgrade on BB part would put them even further behind.
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    09-17-13 03:48 PM

lol i don't even think the S4 camera is that much better then the Z10s honestly, just because its a 12MP doesn't make it a good camera, people that think that are just plain loopy. megapixel is just the size of the image, simply put if the lense is garbage the camera will be crap no matter how many megapixels it is.

whats funny is the iPhone5s has an 8MP camera and i bet it''l take better photos then the HTC One and SGS4
    09-17-13 04:28 PM
    Z 10 camera even for daylight is not good. The most important camera feature is bright and sharp indoor pic without flash.

Z 10 is also slower.

It's irritating, the off focus, washed out z 10 is a common feature.

A good camera is a must!

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 likes this.
    09-17-13 07:54 PM
    For phone it is! .

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 08:01 PM
    Z 10 camera even for daylight is not good. The most important camera feature is bright and sharp indoor pic without flash.

Z 10 is also slower.

A good camera is a must!

Posted via CB10
    We obviously haven't been using the same phone. :-P

I haven't found this to be the case. When I climb Table Mountain this weekend, I will take some nice pics with my Zed and upload them. Though, I do like the Panorama feature on the S4. Got a nice picture of Cape Town from Signal Hill with that.

Mmmm...CB10! Just the tip though...
    dusdal likes this.
    09-17-13 08:04 PM

Z 10 is also slower.

A good camera is a must!

Posted via CB10
    My camera in my z10 does a great job in indoor places. I rarely use flash. The auto focus can take a some seconds to settle down but its not a huge deal like how you're making it sound to be.
    09-17-13 08:12 PM
    Honestly the Z10 camera is pretty pitiful.
    Outdoor and well lit shots are great. But these "optimal conditions" are hard to come by.
    I usually do indoor shots and they seem to always be blurry and if there is ever any movement, don't even think about geting a half decent picture.

Judging from the leaks so far, it looks like it's just going to be the same as the Z10. Very disappointed and looks like I won't be upgrading my Z10 to the Z30.
    09-17-13 09:19 PM
    i've never had an issue with my camera besides when my hands shake and throw the focus out, besides that it takes great pics
    09-17-13 09:25 PM
    A good camera
    09-17-13 10:37 PM
    i've never had an issue with my camera besides when my hands shake and throw the focus out, besides that it takes great pics
    Yes agree. I am tempted to use a tripod for my Z 10 too. Z10 takes noisy pics in low light. Easy to get blurr.

Shake or no shake. S4 take good pictures with low light. No noise, sharp and bright.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 02:25 AM