I've googled for solutions to this problem, and so far haven't found a single one. Why is it so hard to turn up the volume on my Z30? I tried using the bass and treble boost, but those didn't help at all. I think it's counter intuitive not to include a call volume option. The worst thing is that I checked the official blackberry forums, and not a single RIM employee responded with any solutions or even offered to help. It's a real shame that such a superior phone has such a trivial problem, and BB10 is honestly the only mobile OS I actually like both from a user and a developer perspective.

Okay, I don't want to go on any rants, so I'll give details on my phone. The OS installed is 10.3.2.556, the model number is STA100-3 and the carrier is Verizon. I recently unlocked the phone and it's using an AT&T SIM card and speaker aside, it all works fine. I haven't seen any software updates after clicking check for updates either. Needless to say, this really sucks. Any ideas? Thanks.

Shogun.
    11-20-15 11:15 PM
    The OS number may be correct but I don't recall that one? typo? I don't remember Verizon's official release OS.

You can visit our OS Leak Subforum and possibly find a Blitz NON-destructive update file for a newer version and see if that helps?

Have you rebooted the phone - that sometimes fixes glitches

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have a Z10: If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    11-21-15 12:04 AM
    Am I correct in assuming that your problem is the 'in call' volume only?

If so, the only way I know of, to increase or decrease this is by using the volume rockers while actually on a call.

Maybe I read you wrong, don't know.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2474 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    11-21-15 05:52 AM
    I think it's counter intuitive not to include a call volume option. .
    As posted above the volume rockers only work when in call if you want to use them to change the call volume otherwise they are for media playback. Also I know this might be a non issue but have you tried using your other ear? I remember once I was struggling to hear people on the phone and it turned out to be a wax build up in that ear. I never really noticed as it was a slow deterioration and it crept up on me lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 06:01 AM