Seriously? Did BB really push this crap out the door on us?

Got my Z30 last week and downloaded the latest BB Link. Upon syncing with Outlook, all of my calendar events and contacts loaded onto the phone. Since then, however, nothing syncs as it should. To make matters worse, I read in the forums that this is a common problem and has been for some time. I've tried all the suggested solutions that might apply to my configuration to no avail.

Starting to think it might be time to trade this thing back while I still have time. However, I'm hoping there's a fix. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    04-21-14 11:22 PM
    Seriously? Did BB really push this crap out the door on us?

Got my Z30 last week and downloaded the latest BB Link. Upon syncing with Outlook, all of my calendar events and contacts loaded onto the phone. Since then, however, nothing syncs as it should. To make matters worse, I read in the forums that this is a common problem and has been for some time. I've tried all the suggested solutions that might apply to my configuration to no avail.

Starting to think it might be time to trade this thing back while I still have time. However, I'm hoping there's a fix. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    you're right nothing sync as of now..tried to test with outlook

edit; rebooted the phone and it sync.
    after the initial reboot it sync right away for the next 2 event set for tomorrow...Will it happen again? well that's the question
    Last edited by Alain_A; 04-22-14 at 12:19 AM.
    04-22-14 12:08 AM
    Why on earth are you doing a local sync to a desktop app in 2014? Use the same online service that your outlook is using and on th BlackBerry use wifi as your medium to sync.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    04-22-14 12:14 AM
    Why on earth are you doing a local sync to a desktop app in 2014? Use the same online service that your outlook is using and on th BlackBerry use wifi as your medium to sync.

so you're saying put your things in phone directly instead of using the app from a computer....If I was working in an office and I would have to schedule many appointments I would rather use the desktop calendar which would make it faster. then I would suppose to be on the phone when leaving the office. And that without any hassle.
    04-22-14 12:25 AM
    so you're saying put your things in phone directly instead of using the app from a computer....If I was working in an office and I would have to schedule many appointments I would rather use the desktop calendar which would make it faster. then I would suppose to be on the phone when leaving the office. And that without any hassle.
    you dont need to sync anything manually. it is active sync. if you have exchange server it will automatically sync with your calendar/contacts/emails.
    if you put a contact in your PC it will sync to your phone contact under your email account. if you are on the go and input a name of a person in your phone, it will sync back to your calendar in your exchange. the only difference is that it will put that contact in ALL YOUR accounts you have set up in your phone and your sim- so if you have 3 email accounts it will input that name in all the 3 accounts and your sim since it does not know which you are using. if you do it from your PC it knows exactly which account you are using.
    when you first set up your phone it may take 3 to 4 days to settle and load all the appts and all the contacts. Once the phone has settled, and you add it seamlessly sync within minutes.
    sometimes you will see double numbers under one name that is because you have two accounts. you need to unlink. when you unlink you will see the name under which account. you can delete the one you dont want.
    when you are seaching a name, you can choose under all [ default] and/or a specific account.
    when you use bblink, it will input the contact on your local contact database. this is your phone per se database. to see any changes you need to make sure that you search in all. if you are just looking at your phone data base, you will not see the others that you have added because they are not on the phone database but on your email acct database.
    04-22-14 06:32 AM
    you dont need to sync anything manually. it is active sync. if you have exchange server it will automatically sync with your calendar/contacts/emails.
    if you put a contact in your PC it will sync to your phone contact under your email account. if you are on the go and input a name of a person in your phone, it will sync back to your calendar in your exchange. the only difference is that it will put that contact in ALL YOUR accounts you have set up in your phone and your sim- so if you have 3 email accounts it will input that name in all the 3 accounts and your sim since it does not know which you are using. if you do it from your PC it knows exactly which account you are using.
    when you first set up your phone it may take 3 to 4 days to settle and load all the appts and all the contacts. Once the phone has settled, and you add it seamlessly sync within minutes.
    sometimes you will see double numbers under one name that is because you have two accounts. you need to unlink. when you unlink you will see the name under which account. you can delete the one you dont want.
    when you are seaching a name, you can choose under all [ default] and/or a specific account.
    when you use bblink, it will input the contact on your local contact database. this is your phone per se database. to see any changes you need to make sure that you search in all. if you are just looking at your phone data base, you will not see the others that you have added because they are not on the phone database but on your email acct database.
    I made it worked yesterday...the OP seems to have problem with it. When I read his post I tried on mine and was not working until I rebooted the phone. After that every time I was scheduling it was working perfectly. From time to time it seems that the phone doesn't want to sync. So need to keep an eye on it. Not good when you are too busy cause one tends to forget to see if the entry come through but on the other hand one should not have to check all the time it should just work every time.
    04-22-14 08:56 AM
    No I'm not saying that, I never sad manually enter into the phone.

As red chilli suggested using active sync account or IMAP/POP3 you can you an online Internet based sync as your medium vs local USB.

From time to time it seems that the phone doesn't want to sync. So need to keep an eye on it. Not good when you are too busy cause one tends to forget to see if the entry come through but ...
    Yet another reason NOT to rely on local synchronization.

PS: seeing up or adjusting appointments on BB10 via active sync if you worked in an office is sublime and quite common to differ meeting times when leaving or out of the office with only your mobile in your hand.

04-22-14 02:54 PM