First off. Just want to say everything being said about this phone seems pretty accurate. Great build quality, reception, audio etc. However though the brightness levels in comparison with my Z10 are J-U-N-K.

In a normal well lit setting the screen is uncomfortably dim in comparison to the Z10. In a dark lit setting the screen is eye burning bright at the lowest brightness setting.

Thinking of installing the 10.2.1.1055 leak. Has this made this issue any better. A few threads already speaking to the poor max brightness levels on Z30 compared to Z10. Though not any posts I've seen explaining how eye bleeding bright it is at lowest setting in dark environment.

I feel if AMOLED screens were to succeed the most on any device. A BlackBerry would be the most fitting. It looks like though BlackBerry makes more functional IPS LCD phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 12:42 PM
    Hmm. I've been on the leak since day 1 with the Z30, so I can't give a comparison. However, screen brightness is just fine for me...I run on about 50% with no problems.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 12:50 PM
    I don't use the leak and just don't have the same problem you have. I have never thought the screen as too dim or bright. Honestly it just works for me and I don't really think about screen quality. I read about similar complaints quite a bit on these forums and try to see if it is as I read here. I also use an ipad mini regularly and honestly don't notice any transition between the two. In fact I actually think my z30 is a little nicer on my eyes.

Perhaps some people's eyes don't adapt well to the screen?

Posted via my Z30
    12-01-13 12:58 PM
    I don't use the leak and just don't have the same problem you have. I have never thought the screen as too dim or bright. Honestly it just works for me and I don't really think about screen quality. I read about similar complaints quite a bit on these forums and try to see if it is as I read here. I also use an ipad mini regularly and honestly don't notice any transition between the two. In fact I actually think my z30 is a little nicer on my eyes.

Perhaps some people's eyes don't adapt well to the screen?

Posted via my Z30
    I understand you might not notice a transition between the two. But there is one. Different types of screen displays and technologies exist and they will produce different results.

BB10 or Bust!
    12-01-13 01:01 PM
    If you install the leak 10.2.1.1055 you will get the option to change the white balance in display option. I have had no issue with the brightness/dim issue your mentioning. Good luck!
    12-01-13 01:03 PM
    If you install the leak 10.2.1.1055 you will get the option to change the white balance in display option. I have had no issue with the brightness/dim issue your mentioning. Good luck!
    Would you be able to direct me to where I can find this leak to install. It's not that I have an issue with the brightness high and low settings on the Z30. It's when it I compare it to the superior brightness high and low setting on my Z10. Then I have an issue.

BB10 or Bust!
    12-01-13 01:09 PM
    Would you be able to direct me to where I can find this leak to install. It's not that I have an issue with the brightness high and low settings on the Z30. It's when it I compare it to the superior brightness high and low setting on my Z10. Then I have an issue.

BB10 or Bust!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=873653

Posted on a Z30 on CB10
    12-01-13 01:29 PM