I have a Z30, love using it, but got a couple of questions on things I can't work out:

First - I'm using BLAQ for twitter, but it never lets me send a picture with a tweet. Starting in the native photo editing software, it lets me choose Blaq to share with others and lets me type the tweet. But as soon as I press send, I receive a notification in the Hub saying:

"There was an error posting your tweet.
    ServiceErrors; status = 403, errors = 195; "Missing or invalid url parameter""

Surely I can send tweets with pictures from Blaq? Anyone know what this means and how to solve it?

Second - I've got an official BBRY holster and I've noticed that when the phone is in and I press the power button on top, the screen comes on. The phone recognises it's in the holster as the screen goes to black as I push it in and 'wakes up' when I pull it out. I didn't think the power button should work when in the holster and I don't remember my old BBOS7 devices doing this.

Is there a way to stop this in the settings, or is it a fault?

I look forward to any light anyone can throw on these things.

Cheers!
    12-23-13 05:20 AM
    As for the first part of your question, I asked a friend who uses it with a Z30 and he can post pics. Perhaps you need to delete and reinstall it.
    George Jenkinson likes this.
    12-25-13 10:28 AM
    I noticed the issue regarding the holster today. I tried a test to see if it would power up and it did. Phone shuts off/turns on when you insert/remove the phone as normal but it explains why my phone turned off one day while driving and when I pulled it out to make a call, my Z30 was off.

I agree that the phone should NOT turn on when in the holster. The side buttons should continue to function only to: silence the phone when ringing or accessing voice control.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 06:59 PM
    For Blaq make sure Shared Files is on in App Permissions.

Also I had a problem with Blaq pics sending too and at the time I was advised to turn on Device Identifying Information which is also in App Permissions.

And for the holster, it sounds like an OS bug.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 07:23 PM
    I have a Z30, love using it, but got a couple of questions on things I can't work out:

First - I'm using BLAQ for twitter, but it never lets me send a picture with a tweet. Starting in the native photo editing software, it lets me choose Blaq to share with others and lets me type the tweet. But as soon as I press send, I receive a notification in the Hub saying:

"There was an error posting your tweet.
    ServiceErrors; status = 403, errors = 195; "Missing or invalid url parameter""

Surely I can send tweets with pictures from Blaq? Anyone know what this means and how to solve it?

Second - I've got an official BBRY holster and I've noticed that when the phone is in and I press the power button on top, the screen comes on. The phone recognises it's in the holster as the screen goes to black as I push it in and 'wakes up' when I pull it out. I didn't think the power button should work when in the holster and I don't remember my old BBOS7 devices doing this.

Is there a way to stop this in the settings, or is it a fault?

I look forward to any light anyone can throw on these things.

Cheers!
    I have the holster problem as well. Been trying to get other people to try it to confirm it isn't just my phone. I guess my question is answered. One person did say his didn't do it and he is running a 10.2.1 leak... Maybe it has been addressed.....

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 12:00 AM
    Thanks for all the help folks, much appreciated!

Happy Christmas to you and Merry New Year!
    12-27-13 03:29 AM
    My Z30 does not turn on while in the holster if I press the power button
    12-27-13 03:15 PM
    Mine does turn on with OS 10.2.0.429
    12-27-13 03:25 PM
    Not that it matters butI tested it with the flip case for the hell of it and it didn't turn on so I'd think it's indeed a fault or bug in the os.

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    12-28-13 03:08 AM