I don't know what else to do. I am trying to transfer photos/music/documents from my PC to my Z30, but every time I try to move the file to the Z30 Windows Explorer crashes. If I try to move the file by draging it to the BB Link I just get the crossed out circle and can't transfer the file. If I right click on it and click on "send to" then the Windows Explorer crashes. I can click and drag a file/photo from the Z30 to the PC, but the other way around it's impossible. On my Z10 I never had any problems with this. Even if I try to access the SD card directly the WE crashes. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    11-08-16 08:28 PM
    Is everything you want to move is going to be moved to the SD card in the Z30?
    If so, Settings/Storage and Access/Access using USB and turn on USB Mass Storage Mode.
    Tap Continue on the pop up.
    This turns your Z30 into a USB Thumb Drive for the SD card and allows for much easier read/write access from a computer.
    This is because it bypasses the BlackBerry's internal file managing system, so you are not using the Z30's CPU in the middle of transferring files to and from it via USB. This speeds up transfers greatly, takes the load off the Z30, and generally makes it easier for Windows to handle it.
    Just remember to turn off USB Mass Storage Mode after you are done and then let the Z30 sit for about five minutes as it caches all the new files before trying to access them on the Z30.

If your computer is still buggy with the Z30 in USB Mass Storage Mode, you may have a system issue with it.
    Try using a USB 2.0 port, not USB 1.X or 3.0, on the PC.
    If you are using a USB hub, bypass it.
    Run a malware/virus scan on the PC.
    11-09-16 04:38 AM
    I tried all that, but nothing seems to work. I tried moving it directly to the SD and nothing. The same. Checked for malware...nothing, USB 2.0 - i have it. I'm dumbfounded.
    11-09-16 12:44 PM
    What OS is on the PC?
    11-09-16 02:06 PM
    What OS is on the PC?
    Windows 7 64 bit.
    11-09-16 02:23 PM
    Windows 7 64 bit.
    In Windows Explorer, when you are looking at the contents of a folder, are the file icons thumbnails of the media?
    As in do you see a mini picture that is an image of what is in the picture file?
    11-09-16 05:02 PM
    I can see the images of the folder, I can click on them to expand them and view them, but as soon as I try to drag the image to the desktop, or one from the desktop to that folder it crashes.
    11-09-16 05:24 PM
    I can see the images of the folder, I can click on them to expand them and view them, but as soon as I try to drag the image to the desktop, or one from the desktop to that folder it crashes.
    What happens if you try to move stuff around in the folders/desktop on your computer, without the BlackBerry connected?
    Can you move stuff to/from a USB thumb-drive connected to the computer?
    11-09-16 05:58 PM
    Interesting, If I use a USB stick the same thing happens. Same with the SD slot in the computer.
    11-09-16 06:06 PM
    Interesting, If I use a USB stick the same thing happens. Same with the SD slot in the computer.
    Click the Start Button and navigate to All Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt, right click it and choose Run as Administrator.
    In the window that pops up, type exactly as below and press Enter:
    sfc /scannow

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Help Forums

See if the issue is resolved after Windows has ran the System File Checker.
    11-10-16 04:28 AM
    I tried that, found nothing. The only thing I can think of is that I downloaded something to block the Windows 10 automatic downloads and notifications. I can't think of anything else that it can be.
    11-15-16 01:18 AM
    I tried that, found nothing. The only thing I can think of is that I downloaded something to block the Windows 10 automatic downloads and notifications. I can't think of anything else that it can be.
    Do you have a third party anti-virus/anti-malware active scanner present on your computer?
    11-15-16 04:17 AM
    I have Norton Antivirus.
    11-15-16 07:14 AM
    I have Norton Antivirus.
    Try booting up the computer in Safe Mode:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ions-safe-mode
    Then try a USB thumb drive and see if the issue persists.

If it does not:
    It may be that Norton is attempting to scan the USB "drives" at the same time you are accessing the files, but it is having trouble doing so.
    That can result in the system locking up or crashing Explorer.
    First try adjusting the settings in Norton to not scan removable media, if that doesn't help then if you have time and access to your Symantec keys for Norton, I would try fully uninstalling all the Symantec products and see if the issue clears up.
    11-15-16 08:21 AM
    Same problem in Safe Mode.
    11-15-16 03:04 PM
    Wow...
    OK, about the crashes, what exactly happens?
    Blue Screen Of Death?
    "Program has stopped responding" crash?
    11-15-16 04:31 PM
    The computer is Spanish, but basically it says Windows Explorer has stopped working...looking for a solution. Never finds the solution and all the open windows and task bar disappear then the task bar comes back. It's normal until I try the same process.
    11-15-16 05:20 PM
    Are you using a program called "MyWinlocker"?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8-245dcf7ddccc

Bring back random taglines!
    tmladenka and DaFoxGrey like this.
    11-15-16 07:51 PM
    Yes, and I just deleted it and PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks very much!
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    11-15-16 08:28 PM
    You're welcome.

Bring back random taglines!
    11-15-16 09:43 PM