This past week I went to a Fido booth and asked them if they will have the Z30 on sale. The salesperson told me that Fido will not be carrying the Z30 at all, not even online. Fido is owned by Rogers but still operates as a separate division.

However since Fido depends on Rogers, especially in so far as connectivity, area of coverage and even infrastructure (Fido customers were also affected by the network failure from a few days ago), does anyone know if they will follow Rogers and actually make the Z30 available for purchase? At least on line?

Furthermore, I went for the Fido website and looked for available BlackBerry models, and they no longer list the Z10 and Q10 for sale at all (the pictures of the two models have been removed) . I called the company and the less than helpful and friendly customer rep told me that once Fido sells off the remaining Z10 and Q10 inventory they will no longer sell either phones. The only models they still offer are the the Q5 and the "new" Bold. My feeling is that soon they will stop selling BlackBerry phones all together, just like they did with Nokia a few years ago.

As a Z10 customer I am worried because I purchased my device at full price less than 6 months ago. Will Fido continue to support the Z10 and BlackBerry? Anyone care to add any information? I mean these guys aren't willing to even sell the two main BB10 devices.

I should mention that if you go to Fido stores and booths both the Z10 and Q10 are still on display....for now!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 08:21 AM
    Sounds like it's time to switch to koodo.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 08:34 AM
    I bought my Z10 from Fido 6 months ago with 2 years contract. Yesterday my friend wanted me to check out if she can upgrade her iPhone 4 to Z10 and switch from Rogers to Fido with a cheaper plan.

I asked Fido live chat about it yesterday. Sadly, I heard the same thing that Fido no longer offers Z10 or Q10. The representative said I can pick up only existing stock from any kiosk or retail if I still want to buy.

Then I asked if my Z10 is still supported by Fido and was told that once I have purchased the phone, Fido has the obligation to continue to support.

Anyway, I don't suggest my friend to stay with Rogers for Z10 rather than buying Z10 from Fido. If Fido on longer offer Z10, I don't think they will carry Z30!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 09:10 AM
    Did you even search the topic?

Rogers is going to offer the Z30 online only.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 09:15 AM
    This past week I went to a Fido booth and asked them if they will have the Z30 on sale. The salesperson told me that Fido will not be carrying the Z30 at all, not even online. Fido is owned by Rogers but still operates as a separate division.

However since Fido depends on Rogers, especially in so far as connectivity, area of coverage and even infrastructure (Fido customers were also affected by the network failure from a few days ago), does anyone know if they will follow Rogers and actually make the Z30 available for purchase? At least on line?

Furthermore, I went for the Fido website and looked for available BlackBerry models, and they no longer list the Z10 and Q10 for sale at all (the pictures of the two models have been removed) . I called the company and the less than helpful and friendly customer rep told me that once Fido sells off the remaining Z10 and Q10 inventory they will no longer sell either phones. The only models they still offer are the the Q5 and the "new" Bold. My feeling is that soon they will stop selling BlackBerry phones all together, just like they did with Nokia a few years ago.

As a Z10 customer I am worried because I purchased my device at full price less than 6 months ago. Will Fido continue to support the Z10 and BlackBerry? Anyone care to add any information? I mean these guys aren't willing to even sell the two main BB10 devices.

I should mention that if you go to Fido stores and booths both the Z10 and Q10 are still on display....for now!

Posted via CB10
    Out here in Vancouver the super friendly and helpful people at Wireless Wave will be able to help you organise your BlackBerry needs on either of Rogers or Fido. Even on the original BlackBerry10 launch they were able to help - for example getting a white Q10 when it wasn't officially available.

Fido may be changing its business model entirely - and this may not be affecting just our favourite handsets - go visit your local store face to face and see if they know something different.

They can help move your line to a new carrier as well, if your current provider is being a PITA.
    10-13-13 09:37 AM
    Yeah I actually did and couldn't find any information on Fido. I don't care about Rogers. I am not with Rogers I'm with Fido. The fact that Rogers sells the Z30 on line means nothing to me since I cannot use it on Fido.

Even if I buy it from Rogers and unlock it Fido is not very user friendly and have told me on several occasions in the past that if I buy a phone from another carrier, including Rogers (and they own Fido) , that they, Fido, would not service the phone in case of damage or defects.

Rogers told me that I can buy the phone at full price but since I'm not a customer they wouldn't support or service the phone either beyond the limited built in product guarantee that BlackBerry offers.

As a customer I'm kinda screwed and I cannot afford to change carriers. I was just asking a question and some feedback.

Next time don't be an a**hole when answering. Better yet don't...

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 09:40 AM
    By the way the previous reply was to the person asking me if I "researched the topic"...

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 09:43 AM
    Thanks to all the people who took the time and answered my question.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 09:46 AM
    It's really too bad to see Rogers/Fido take this attitude towards BB. Whatever the reason(s) they have sure make for an awful experience for customers. I'm in the same predicament as the OP on this one. I will probably be looking at getting an unlocked Z30 soon, and continue with Fido till the end of the contract and then flip over. If affordable, I'll just buy out the remaining of the contract. I've said it before, this country needs to bring in competition to the big three. Bring in Verizon any anyone else so that we can be treated like customers as opposed to a money grab. And yes ... to both Rogers/Fido ... this one I won't forget!! So much for supporting Canada.
    10-13-13 10:33 AM
    "The only models they still offer are the the Q5" Wow that is totally unacceptable. It is the worst of the 4 new phones.
    11-22-13 07:24 AM
    "The only models they still offer are the the Q5" Wow that is totally unacceptable. It is the worst of the 4 new phones.
    They work in the same way as Canada's pension funds do when dealing with Blackberry.
    11-22-13 07:40 AM
    Fido still selling inventory of z10s q10s. That is OK, not bad.

Rogers owns Fido. Some unknown Rogers managers can make Fido do whatever they want Fido to do. That is life.

I also got the z10 from Fido, in Spring 2013, on a two year contract. Prior to that I had been with Rogers for 14 days and with Bell for 14 days. Fido was and has been great at service. Their staff know their stuff. Rogers and Bell weren't as sharp or up-to-date.

Now, I have to go get an unlocked z30 from a third party channel. That is the way it is. Can't always be pampered by one company offering everything one might wish for.

I see it as a way to go free.
    11-22-13 07:55 AM
    If it is too difficult for customers to get on to BlackBerry 10, then they won't.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 07:53 AM
    I finally dropped every single Rogers service (home phone, Internet and TV are already switched) by dropping Fido. The time was up anyway, and I'd rather have a better plan for less on Telus than stick with these clowns.
    11-24-13 10:23 AM
    F Fido. Overpriced nonsense. Go to Koodo. My girlfriend is on it and pays half of what I do on Rogers for more all around.

9700 ~ 9900 ~ Z10 ~ Z30
    11-24-13 11:00 AM