John: I might want to upgrade one of my lines to the BlackBerry Z30, but I can't find it.

Kay: Hello, welcome to Verizon Wireless sales chat! My name is Kay, may I have your name, please?

John: John

Kay: Hi John!

Kay: We no longer offer that phone.

John: why?

John: I also have other clients that want to buy it

John: it is one of the highest rated phones on the market

Kay: It was discontinued a few months back.

Kay: I'm not sure why.

John: That's not true, it was available just 3 weeks ago because a client bought 5 of them from VZW

Kay: They may be available in the store, but they're not online

John: Stores stopped carrying them a long time ago, they were only available online

Kay: We also stopped carrying them.

Kay: I've been having quite a few customers asking about it.
    08-26-14 10:59 PM
    No evidence at all

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 11:00 PM
    I should have my new z30 by this Friday via a friend from BB.
    Black isnt available still and I've been waiting over 5 weeks for it. Going with the white instead.
    From what I was told, the demand is high for this phone right now, and as stated earlier in the posts, the production levels were never set as high as the z10 and q10.
    Who wouldn't want to try this phone out? Reviews have always been excellent wherever you read about it.
    Looking forward to it's arrival. shopblackberry is an option. buy the phone outright if you can.
    08-26-14 11:56 PM
    Discontinued or not I ordered one for my wife last week and she's loving it. She gave up her iPhone 5s. I got so envious that I ordered one for me and I'll be alternating between my Lumia 1520 and the Z30. It will be fun!!!!
    freddysrevng3 likes this.
    08-27-14 12:45 AM
    Troy, you da man! Where do you find this stuff?

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    08-27-14 02:23 AM
    Well thanks to all the in the know folks for explaining this to the masses (no sarcasm intended here). Rather than start another thread a related question, where does this leave Z30 regarding ongoing updates?
    I regret the system effects forced obsolescence for devices we love like the Z30

Posted via CB10
    gobimmer likes this.
    08-27-14 06:22 AM
    I've been thinking about getting the Z30 the last little bit and calling around trying to find one everyone is telling me that they are being discontinued.

can anyone confirm ??
    Its no longer on my verizon BB line up, the bold is still available but not Z30. Heard from another source as well VZW not selling any more. It is still available and on sale at BlackBerry US Online Store - BlackBerry Z30 But not sure how many versions (carriers) you can get.
    08-27-14 06:48 AM
    Well thanks to all the in the know folks for explaining this to the masses (no sarcasm intended here). Rather than start another thread a related question, where does this leave Z30 regarding ongoing updates?
    I regret the system effects forced obsolescence for devices we love like the Z30

Posted via CB10
    We don't really know....

But as it doesn't appear that there are any new devices with hardware way beyond what the Z30 has, I image that even if Verizon stop pushing out updates after another year, you'll be able to run a leaked version.
    gobimmer likes this.
    08-27-14 07:16 AM
    I just spoke with a Verizon Chat person and they said that Verizon does not support the Z30. I also just checked Amazon and they state that the Z30 is out of stock with no known time or if will be in stock. usdraca
    08-27-14 07:18 AM
    because it seems weird to only have physical keyboard phones after having both the Z10 & Z30 available. In this day & age of slab phones, do they really want to only offer the Z3 as their full-touch device?

-via CB10 w/ Q10
    Blackberry can not support 20 different models. Or 5. They intend on having one phone per market niche going forward from what the leaked slides showed. They might offer the Z30 till the stock is gone but I'd be fairly certain that the day the Passport went into mass production that the Z30 production stopped if it wasn't already stopped.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    08-27-14 07:40 AM
    Blackberry can not support 20 different models. Or 5. They intend on having one phone per market niche going forward from what the leaked slides showed. They might offer the Z30 till the stock is gone but I'd be fairly certain that the day the Passport went into mass production that the Z30 production stopped if it wasn't already stopped.
    But is the Passport and the Z30 really the same "niche". I know the screen on the Passport is large.... but I don't see the Passport appealing to users that prefer a one handed all touch device.
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    08-27-14 09:47 AM
    I'm a huge fan of the Z30 and I don't consider the Passport an acceptable alternative. I am intrigued by it but I've never been a fan of the physical keys. Weird for a BB fan I know.. I look forward to a Z30-Aristo Ultra in late 2015 early 2016 as I'm certain my Z30 will be relevant until at least then.
    leehardballer12 and niss63 like this.
    08-27-14 09:54 AM
    But is the Passport and the Z30 really the same "niche". I know the screen on the Passport is large.... but I don't see the Passport appealing to users that prefer a one handed all touch device.
    They don't correspond 1:1, no, but there's some overlap. There's a body of users who just want the top phone in the range, for instance, and others who want the best spec available.

Passport users are going to be a little more "out there", I think, and the Z30 will still appeal to people who want the largest screen for photos and videos. I'm sure there's a Venn diagram out there that marketing is studying intensely
    08-27-14 12:21 PM
    F*ck Verizon. I hate their people and only have the service to maintain my unlimited data. Where are the unlocked CDMA phones on the BlackBerry site? They only show GSM. When will they have the CDMA version, since we can't get the truth from VZW? BlackBerry needs to move on this. Many phone orders going wanting, and they don't have the luxury to dismiss one order.

From my Z30...Awesome!
    08-27-14 01:22 PM
    LOL ) I've been trying through another friend and he's been unable to get one. I was surprised I was able to get 2 today. Hope she didn't just take my money. I'll know later this week I guess.

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    Well just received confirmation that I'll have my new Z30 tomorrow.

Very excited to move from my Z10 to a Z30 and play around with what it has to offer.

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    08-27-14 01:35 PM
    You still can buy Q10, Z10 and Z30 without a problem - unless you like T-Mobile. At least in Germany it seem that they send their BBRYs back to Waterloo.

But others deliver in 2-3 days. And Mr. Bezos can do overnight. Also BBRY sell directly at a good price.

I doubt the Z30 will go away soon as the Passport and Classic will not convince the die-hard touch-only folks.

FWIW
    08-27-14 01:41 PM
    I checked with someone at Verizon and this is the response I got:

"I reviewed our inventory and I was able to find that the Blackberry Z30 is listed as retired. I tried submitting a mock order through the backorder system, but it’s not available there either."

I guess we did such a great job of promoting the Z30 via grassroots that it worked better than VZW was prepared for.
    08-27-14 03:33 PM
    My buddy is trying to get a Z30 from Verizon and can't get one anywhere from Verizon. I think this is a bad move. My buddy is ready to try BlackBerry 10 and Can't....something isn't right.

"Once You Go Black You Never Go Back"
    08-27-14 04:11 PM
    Is it possible that many users like myself on Verizon had the unlimited data packages and they want us gone? Did that make any sense?

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    08-27-14 06:19 PM
    Is it possible that many users like myself on Verizon had the unlimited data packages and they want us gone? Did that make any sense?

Wow. I'm a born cynic but your comment is intriguing since I have an unlimited data plan also. ;-)

Would be nice to know if I could find a replacement Z30 if anything should happen to this one.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 06:54 PM
    I think they are preparing z50. And they are keeping it a BIG secret.

Posted via CB10
    I hope so..... the Z30 is great, and I will get the Z50 if it comes out....

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    08-27-14 06:56 PM
    I ordered the Z30 last night. GSM unlocked, for use on AT&T, it is software 5. It arrives tomorrow. I am pumped. I got an AT&T micro sim tonight.
    08-27-14 07:11 PM
    I hope so..... the Z30 is great, and I will get the Z50 if it comes out....

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    They want to rid themselves of the round corners. Z50 looking more like Z3

08-27-14 07:32 PM
    My be talking about the LTE Z3?

Posted via my z10. "Living life on the edge"
    08-27-14 08:22 PM
    With there being no new high end touch screen device for a while (and to be honest, I find the Z3 pretty bland and boring compared to the Z30), I'm glad I got the Z30 when I did (March). I hope everyone who wants one is able to get one. It really is a great example of what BlackBerry is capable of in the touchscreen segment. I can't think of a single negative thing about this device, other than that it's too beautiful to risk using without a case on.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 11:29 PM
119 12345