After upgrading to 10.3.3.1463 I am now unable to backup using BBLink. The desktop app keeps responding with "no data available" but I can see the drives created in file manager and Blend works ok. I cannot backup in the. BBB format for future restore.

I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro it worked flawlessly up to the upgrade.

Can someone help? Thanks very much.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 07:46 PM
    After upgrading to 10.3.3.1463 I am now unable to backup using BBLink. The desktop app keeps responding with "no data available" but I can see the drives created in file manager and Blend works ok. I cannot backup in the. BBB format for future restore.

I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro it worked flawlessly up to the upgrade.

Can someone help? Thanks very much.

Posted via CB10
    I hope someone can propose something. I know when I was still regularly using my Z30 (it still permanently communicates with my win7 computer using Blend for email, bbm, contacts and calendar), backing up with Link was problematic. It would work or not work quite arbitrarily.

Have you tried UNinstalling and reinstalling Link? Rebooting both devices?
    05-31-17 08:26 PM
    I hope someone can propose something... backing up with Link was problematic. It would work or not work quite arbitrarily.

Have you tried UNinstalling and reinstalling Link? Rebooting both devices?
    Yes I have, boot and reboot the device and my desktop plus uninstall and reinstall BBL all to no avail. At least yours work arbitrarily, mine just is unable.

I certainly hope the development team will issue a resolution, this is really unacceptable for a product that was, and may be still is, in use at the White House!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 08:34 PM
    OK, I had to rename that rogue iTunes file to get BBlink to work.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

First time I tried to back up Z30 (just bought it), though recognized would not back up. Second time, no problem and seems to work constantly now. I'm on Win 10.
    06-07-17 08:52 AM
    Not working still. I found and removed that prefs.xml file, it didn't work for BBlink backup still then I removed iTunes and all of it's folders too, rebooted, I am getting the same error "verify that your device is turned on and connected to BlackBerry link and try again" this is after it went though the file synch. At the backup page.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I'm on Win 8.1 Pro and 10.3.3.1463; I confess this was a terrible mistake to have updated.

A Blackberry without backup. Not good.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 12:38 AM
    Try safe mode
    06-10-17 06:29 AM
    Not working still. I found and removed that prefs.xml file, it didn't work for BBlink backup still then I removed iTunes and all of it's folders too, rebooted, I am getting the same error "verify that your device is turned on and connected to BlackBerry link and try again" this is after it went though the file synch. At the backup page.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I'm on Win 8.1 Pro and 10.3.3.1463; I confess this was a terrible mistake to have updated.

A Blackberry without backup. Not good.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, as follows: Plug in Z30, load BB Link. Select backup. When I get error, I unplug device, plug it back in and then it works. Not sure why. The iTunes file issue is for BB Link crashing. This is for a working BB Link, but device not recognized for back up.
    06-10-17 10:15 AM
    Yes, as follows: Plug in Z30, load BB Link. Select backup. When I get error, I unplug device, plug it back in and then it works. Not sure why. The iTunes file issue is for BB Link crashing. This is for a working BB Link, but device not recognized for back up.
    Thanks for clarifying the iTunes issue; I have tried unplugging and replugging the device but not in your suggested sequence above I will try that when I get a chance today.

I thought this might be a driver issue, I reviewed the blackberry device drivers and they were are "working" and "up to date", hence my focus on this as software or OS issue.

Thanks for the response.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 12:12 PM
    Thanks for clarifying the iTunes issue; I have tried unplugging and replugging the device but not in your suggested sequence above I will try that when I get a chance today.

I thought this might be a driver issue, I reviewed the blackberry device drivers and they were are "working" and "up to date", hence my focus on this as software or OS issue.

Thanks for the response.

Posted via CB10
    This has worked for me 100% thus far. What I have noticed (not surprisingly) is after unplugging and re-plugging, the warning pop-up finally appears on my phone saying back up is in progress. I'm using Win 10 and have yet to check Defender to see if it's causing an issue.
    06-10-17 01:00 PM
    This has worked for me 100% thus far... after unplugging and re-plugging, the warning pop-up finally appears on my phone saying back up is in progress. I'm using Win 10 and have yet to check Defender to see if it's causing an issue.
    I appreciate this, am on 8.1 Pro, I hope this work; I will know later today.

Much obliged.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 01:12 PM
    Scrannel: Thanks for your idea but it did not work for me; I must have unplugged and replugged at least 6-7 time all to no avail. The same error message is showing.

I don't think my USB port is damaged as after the desktop synchronizes with the device, I can see & manage the files in different folders on the device.

I JUST CANNOT BACK UP. This is maddening.

Anyone with any further idea will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 02:45 AM
    There was something I remember but can't remember what it was. Dig thru the old posts about desktop monitor and link. You might find the thread I'm thinking of. Sorry I can't help much more than that.
    06-11-17 05:32 AM
    Like I said, I'm on Win 10. I just backed up this morning. Do you have any other BBerry devices and do they back up? Last night I was having trouble backing up so I backed up my Z10 (having to unplug and plug back in) and it backed up. Then I could do my Z30 again.

Again, there are other ways to back up as I often see listed, but have never tried.
    06-12-17 07:29 AM
    Try this: https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases

This is a bit of software known as Sachesi, which will among other things back up your BB10 data. Let me know if you have trouble installing or using it.

FWIW, I'm on Windows 10 and once the iTunes file was renamed have had no trouble backing up using Link, so I suspect there's some issue unique to your computer and/or Windows 8.1.
    06-12-17 06:34 PM
    Try this: https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases

This is a bit of software known as Sachesi, which will among other things back up your BB10 data. Let me know if you have trouble installing or using it.

FWIW, I'm on Windows 10 and once the iTunes file was renamed have had no trouble backing up using Link, so I suspect there's some issue unique to your computer and/or Windows 8.1.
    Thanks all, I'll look into Sachesi for W8.1.

Thus far this latest 1463-update is a total FAIL in backup; I tried it also on my Z10 (also on version1463) with same results, I then tried reloading the Z10, it just reloaded the software anew and guess what - BBLINK won't backup the Z10 either after the reload either! Yes, I've tried different USB cables, ports, and also downloaded, installed, and reinstalled BBLINK several times.

Not sure if the Development Team looks at these posts, I hope so,and I hope they'll come up with a fix. Like so many legacy BlackBerry users, chances of my migrating to an Android platform is zero. Lordy! In fact, I might move to a Classic - if I can find one with the LAST OS before 1463!!

Best.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 04:20 PM
    I have one old laptop is running Windows 7 Ultimate, BlackBerry Link worked flawlessly on it so I use this laptop mainly for backing up my Z30 and Leap, that's it. I will never update my old laptop to Windows 10.
    You can try Windows 7 Ultimate and install BlackBerry Link on it.

Edit:
    In my house I have several computers are running Windows 10 but all FAILED to backup Z30 and Leap using BBLink.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 02:14 PM
    I have one old laptop is running Windows 7 Ultimate, BlackBerry Link worked flawlessly on it so I use this laptop mainly for backing up my Z30 ...
    Good for you! Glad to hear. Are you on OS 10.3.3.1463? I don't have 7 unfortunately, I have 8.1 Pro and it's a fail on back up.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 04:36 PM
    Software Release : 10.3.3.1435
    OS Version : 10.3.3.2163

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 02:28 PM
    Update.

I surrendered and paid the $35 for the Incident Support at Blackberry, I regret to report that while they were excellent in their services they were unable to resolve the BBLink incompatibility with version 10.3.3.1463. I ended up manually moving what data I could using Switch and Blend and reloaded the OS.

The reloaded version still won't work with BBLink in backing up or restoring. Now I have a full archive of periodic backups and I cannot restore them! And I cannot go back to an earlier version.

BTW - all beware, Remember Notes cannot be backed up externally. If you have smartly organized your notes in different task related folders you are doomed like I am. Device Switch will transfer all your notes but it will dump them all into one giant folder. Blend does not copy over Remember Notes. Only backup in BBLink will backup Remember Notes - when it worked for me prior to the 1463 update.

Anyone with any ideas or feedback please do share. Thanks in advance.

Z30
    Last edited by BlackBerry USA; 06-27-17 at 03:46 PM.
    06-27-17 03:29 PM
    The deal is this: BB Link is not being supported anymore and is hit and miss with BB10 devices. I have no problem with my Z10, Passport (both 10.3.3.2205) or even my Playbook as they will all backup on my Win10 Laptop and my Win 7 laptop. But I know that many others have had problems. All I can recommend is to uninstall EVERYTHING BlackBerry related on your PC, go into the registry and search and remove everything BlackBerry (be careful of course in the registry!), then reboot your PC. As it is rebooting, plug your Z30 into your PC. When you see a window pop up in your Z30, follow the instructions to install drivers (Blend, Link etc) using the link from your Z30. If this does not work, forget about Link, and backup what you can using a 3rd party app such as Ultimate Backup (BBW). Link is pretty much done for if none of that works for you, sorry to say. I really cannot explain why MY Link works and yours (any many others does not), but the above method worked for me when I installed Link and Blend last week on my wife's work computer.
    06-27-17 04:36 PM
    The deal is this: BB Link is not being supported anymore and is hit and miss with BB10 devices. I have no problem with my Z10, Passport (both 10.3.3.2205) or even my Playbook as they will all backup on my Win10 Laptop and my Win 7 laptop. ..... I really cannot explain why MY Link works and yours (any many others does not), but the above method worked for me when I installed Link and Blend last week on my wife's work computer.
    OK thanks, I have stuck with the legacy platform throughout the years, guess it's time I finally diversify, regrettably. I have uninstalled/reinstalled and cleaned out the registry too. Maybe it's my Windows 8.1 Pro, not sure, but I'll look into the 3rd party resources.

Thank you again.

Z30
    06-27-17 05:07 PM
    I am on Win 10 and can backup using link BUT (as has been stated), must do the following. I plug my device (Z10, Classic and Z30 all work), then launch Link. Log in the device and wait for recognition. Attempt back up. Get error. Unplug device, plug back in and log back in (if required), backup then should work. Have heard this only works with Win 10, not 8.1.
    06-28-17 08:55 AM
    I had massive issues with Link on my Z10. After a year could not backup anymore (known bug when backup size gets too big). BB not maintaining Link, it never worked well in the first place. They don't care. I ultimately invested 2 months into trying to backup a dying phone, tested ALL suggestions on internet, without success. Now i have an old backup and can't even export to any other platform without a BB10 device.

From what i learned, for your case, i only have 2 ideas (that might help):
    1. Try Sachesi (if it still works, because it is not maintained anymore). That one was overcoming most BB Link bugs + extended its functionality to features that Link never possesed.
    2. If you want, get a small additinal SSD disk (one that can be installed on the mSATA slot if that one is present and unused in your laptop). An mSATA SSD disk is way smaller than a normal SSD disk. Install Win7 on that in dual boot mode and use either Link or Sachesi there. (I did do that as a laptop upgrade, not BB relared).

Good luck.
    Last edited by madredeus; 07-03-17 at 02:27 AM. Reason: typos
    07-02-17 06:51 AM
    Apparently BBLink works on Win 7. I know it works on Win 10, it apparently does NOT work on Win 8.1.
    07-02-17 08:45 AM
    Apparently BBLink works on Win 7. I know it works on Win 10, it apparently does NOT work on Win 8.1.
    EDIT...

Just got the Win 10 "Creator's" update and BBLink still works.
    07-05-17 12:42 PM
28 12