Hey everyone!

Story time:

I was downtown this morning trying to get back home with friends after a crazy night, and needed some directions as we had gotten lost. Of course I pulled out my Z30 and my friend pulled out her iPhone 5. I'll be honest at first I was going to just let her do the navigating but her map application (apple maps) was not getting proper signal or malfunctioning... we didn't get very far lol. So I pulled out my Z30 again and used blackberry maps, it did have some trouble initially but it was able to get its act together and direct us home!

Long story short I just wanted to express my satisfaction with my Z30 and BB10 in general. Now of course this one isolated incident is not enough proof to suggest that my Z30 is better than an iPhone but it was nice to know I can count on my device to get me through the day!

I also know some people don't like blackberry maps, and don't get me wrong it could use some improvements but for me I've had minimal issues and in cases like this morning, I couldn't be happier with it!

I love phones and upgrade frequently but I wouldn't know what phone to get if the Z30 was no longer an option. I'll have to wait until Blackberry releases their next flagship all touch device!

So to you guys I ask this, has your blackberry saved the day?

Posted via CB10 on my awesome new Z30!
    TrueKulcha and Romrider like this.
    03-23-14 10:36 PM
    BB Maps has never failed me either!
    matt0135, TrueKulcha and Romrider like this.
    03-23-14 10:55 PM
    It saved my day or actually about 4 hours of trafic. On day about 2 months ago I was coming back home from Toronto and on highway 401 was a big accident. Some ppl where stuck in traffic for 5 to 6 hours. I know this because one of my friends was stuck for that long. On my way back I checked my maps app and was able to get a reroute to avoid the trafic. I am very impressed with the maps and all the updates makes it better and better. I am almost at the point where I trusted more that my Garmin. And since the battery life on z30 is so good I enjoy using my Z30 as my GPS!!

Posted via CB10
    matt0135 likes this.
    03-23-14 10:58 PM
    Hey everyone!

Story time:

I was downtown this morning trying to get back home with friends after a crazy night, and needed some directions as we had gotten lost. Of course I pulled out my Z30 and my friend pulled out her iPhone 5. I'll be honest at first I was going to just let her do the navigating but her map application (apple maps) was not getting proper signal or malfunctioning... we didn't get very far lol. So I pulled out my Z30 again and used blackberry maps, it did have some trouble initially but it was able to get its act together and direct us home!

Long story short I just wanted to express my satisfaction with my Z30 and BB10 in general. Now of course this one isolated incident is not enough proof to suggest that my Z30 is better than an iPhone but it was nice to know I can count on my device to get me through the day!

I also know some people don't like blackberry maps, and don't get me wrong it could use some improvements but for me I've had minimal issues and in cases like this morning, I couldn't be happier with it!

I love phones and upgrade frequently but I wouldn't know what phone to get if the Z30 was no longer an option. I'll have to wait until Blackberry releases their next flagship all touch device!

So to you guys I ask this, has your blackberry saved the day?

At the end of the day the bold part is ALL that matters! Great stuff. We need more stories like this.
    03-23-14 11:22 PM
    It saved my day or actually about 4 hours of trafic. On day about 2 months ago I was coming back home from Toronto and on highway 401 was a big accident. Some ppl where stuck in traffic for 5 to 6 hours. I know this because one of my friends was stuck for that long. On my way back I checked my maps app and was able to get a reroute to avoid the trafic. I am very impressed with the maps and all the updates makes it better and better. I am almost at the point where I trusted more that my Garmin. And since the battery life on z30 is so good I enjoy using my Z30 as my GPS!!

Posted via CB10
    I have a Z10 but share your sentiment about the Garmin. I have a proclips dash mount with charger for my Z10 and it's way more accurate than my Garmin.

In September I was driving in Edmonton with a friend from Ontario. The road back to my nieces condo was closed so my Z10 suggested a detour. As I was following directions, my friend started screaming I was going the wrong way, demanded I turn (not like she knew where she was going either) and I listened, ending up in yet another partially blocked off street in a traffic jam. She then proceeded to mock my BlackBerry, commenting on no wonder they were going out of business, blah blah blah (she had her iPhone in her hand, not sure why she didn't magically save us with her phone's maps)

Anyway, long story short, the next day after I drove her to the airport and got rid of her, LOL, I followed the suggested route that made her freak out and get us lost the day before. And guess what, the route is lower traffic and much faster. It's my new favorite route.

So BlackBerry maps would have saved my ****, had I not listened to the loudmouth beside me.

Posted via CB10
    matt0135 and Romrider like this.
    03-23-14 11:35 PM
    When the Olympics were on were were up @ 5 am for the Hockey game. Well what do you know my digital cable box quits working.

Quickly grabbed a beer, my Q10, and Plugged in my flat screen with the HDMI. Boy that situation could have been worse, bunch of people over to watch hockey and have drinks and no cable!

Within minutes we were watching the game. Everyone was so pumped, "How did you do that, what just happened "? Haha. After the game I gave everyone a quick run down on my Q. They couldn't believe it!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 12:26 AM
    At the end of the day the bold part is ALL that matters! Great stuff. We need more stories like this.
    Thanks, I figured that's why I'd post this, oftentimes we focus on the bad things, so I thought maybe I'd switch things up!

Romrider likes this.
    03-24-14 09:23 AM