My Z30 had been flawless until today. Last night I put it on the charger (the one it came with), it had like 80% left. When I woke up, it was at 54%. The lightning bolt by the battery was pulsing, so I know the charger was in.

I put my Z30 on the charger while I got ready for work, and the battery continued to run down. I tried to use the PlayBook charger on it too, same thing. The battery is now down to 34% and it doesn't go up in percentage while charged.

I've done a hard reset. Same thing. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I've never had this experience. I'd love to do a battery pull, but, well.........you know.
    05-05-14 01:55 PM
    Could be an issue with the USB port on the device or the cable. Have you tried using a different cable? Have you tried both using electric and using a PC? Have you tried using multiple ports on the PC? Ok as a last ditch let us assume your USB port on the Z30 is damaged what do you do? Well the Z30 can be charged wirelessly! Do you or anyone you know have a wireless charging dock? It should support the Z30...

Wireless Power Consortium listing pegs BlackBerry Z30 as supporting Qi wireless charging | CrackBerry.com
    05-06-14 01:56 PM
    Could be an issue with the USB port on the device or the cable. Have you tried using a different cable? Have you tried both using electric and using a PC? Have you tried using multiple ports on the PC? Ok as a last ditch let us assume your USB port on the Z30 is damaged what do you do? Well the Z30 can be charged wirelessly! Do you or anyone you know have a wireless charging dock? It should support the Z30...

Wireless Power Consortium listing pegs BlackBerry Z30 as supporting Qi wireless charging | CrackBerry.com
    Just to clarify, the Verizon model Z30 has the built in QI charging capacity, but only the Verizon model (STA100-3).
    It is also the reason the STA100-3 is just slightly bigger, doesn't work well with general Z30 hard flip cases, and has a different rear cover.
    Unfortunately, all other Z30 models do not have the built in hardware for QI charging.

The other Z30 models can have an aftermarket QI adapter or QI rear cover installed, but it requires a connection to the USB port.
    If the USB port is damaged, then it still wont work.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 05-06-14 at 02:22 PM.
    05-06-14 02:02 PM
    Did you solve problem.. same happened to mine yesterday.
    07-07-14 08:01 AM
    Did a TELUS OS update at work during the day. Since then no charger will work and my computer wont recognize a connection through the micro!!!!!! Leaving on a trip overseas in a couple hours, very unhappy
    07-07-14 07:12 PM
    Gonna have to send this phone back.. charged it for all of last night.. it's still not coming on.. KMT
    07-08-14 06:12 AM
    My issue was related to the os update to 10.2.1.2977. The only thing that saved my phone is that I had enough juice to run a security wipe (8 hours) before it died. When it did die it left the phone in a fatal error state but it was at least taking a charge again and when I returned to Canada i was successfully able to restore the phone to a backup and os update is now done and phone has no issues.

I see no other reason other then the os update why the phone no longer recognised a charge or connection to my pc.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 09:55 AM
    I had thus issue on my Z30. Would sporadically take a charge via USB or wall charger. Eliminated external sources by trying different cables and ports and had it down to a fault with the micro USB.

Would also deplete overnight from a 80% charge (BBM was the culprit even though I don't use it). Screen would also activate while not being touched. Was about to send it off for repair...

Then the phone auto updated the OS to 2977 and BBM got an update at the same time. Problem now appears sorted.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 04:46 AM
    So I had this problem and it was driving me crazy you've prolly solved it by now or got a new phone but for anyone else make sure you are using a blackberry charger and make sure the USB cord is blackberry. I was using a blackberry plug but not a blackberry cord I tried every cord I could find and even bought a generic one and they all wouldn't work. Then I found my BlackBerry USB cord and viola my phones charging faster then ever!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-20-16 07:33 PM
    Some dust or flints might block the electrical contacts inside your USB port. Use a NON metal object (like tooth pick) to get rid of them. Be careful not to bend the center post. I've experienced this problem before. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 08:30 AM