Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I've had my Z30 for a few days now but I also ordered a Q10 from Amazon because there seemed to be loads of people who were saying that the Q10 was the 'ultimate BB'. I was going to decide between the two and keep one.
    The Q10 arrived this morning and honestly, I can't remember when I last felt so underwhelmed!
    The Z30 seems to kick the bejesus out of the Q10 on every single front and I even thought that the virtual keyboard of the Z totally killed the 'real' keyboard on the Q.
    It was just a much more fluent experience on the Z and the Q seemed to be just old fashioned and just didn't feel right for a 2014 phone.
    Am I missing something here - I just don't get the Q10 and can't help feeling that I may have missed the point of it!
    I'm now left realising just what a ridiculously good phone the Z30 is..
    ivak110 and SamWilli like this.
    09-27-14 06:03 AM
    I guess it depends on if you're a pkb person or not. I think the fuss about the Q IS the pkb.
    09-27-14 09:27 AM
    I've had my Z30 for a few days now but I also ordered a Q10 from Amazon because there seemed to be loads of people who were saying that the Q10 was the 'ultimate BB'. I was going to decide between the two and keep one.
    The Q10 arrived this morning and honestly, I can't remember when I last felt so underwhelmed!
    The Z30 seems to kick the bejesus out of the Q10 on every single front and I even thought that the virtual keyboard of the Z totally killed the 'real' keyboard on the Q.
    It was just a much more fluent experience on the Z and the Q seemed to be just old fashioned and just didn't feel right for a 2014 phone.
    Am I missing something here - I just don't get the Q10 and can't help feeling that I may have missed the point of it!
    Give me your Q10 then.

White z10
    kmcobra64 and Q10Bold like this.
    10-06-14 01:28 PM
    LOL!
    Q10 developed the famous repeating letter fault and was rapidly sent back to Amazon!
    10-06-14 01:33 PM
    I have had a Q10 and a Z10, and just bought a Z30 yesterday. The Z30 is really great (perhaps the best of the three), but I also love the other two, especially the Q10. For me it's a combination of the PKB and the form factor. I now use the Q10 primarily when I go out (keep it in a BlackBerry holster on my belt) and mainly for communication (shortcuts for calls and great typing experience). I use the Z30 at home on wifi for general browsing. Each phone is great in its own way. To be honest, I love all three!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 03:19 PM
    For work-Q10, for fun-Z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 04:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Z30 for both.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    10-06-14 04:38 PM
    Q10 is much better for me and my line of work due to being able to use it completely one handed. Love the Z30 also but can't use it comfortable with one hand

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 05:22 PM
    If the vast majority of what I did with my phone was text and call, id probably like the q better. I do a lot of that, but since getting my z30 I don't turn my laptop on very much at all. The browser and the screen are good enough on the z to do most what I needed my laptop for. I still watch movies on the laptop, but really that's about it.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:09 PM
    It depends on your priority.

I originally bought a Z30 to upgrade from my Q10, but I had to give it to my mother to use since I could not get used to the touch keyboard and the lack of keyboard shortcuts the Q10 comes with.

The keyboard shortcuts are especially useful for its search function: you just start typing, without pressing any buttons on screen.

For the web browsing, being able to swipe down using the space bar is very efficient as well as being able to zoom in and out using the keyboard shortcut.

All in all, there are people who actually use the phones mainly for communication purposes, and the Q10 excels at that.

I am still waiting for that double type issue everyone is talking about since activating the phone on the March 16th of this year.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    10-06-14 07:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    I never understand this concept. Why carry two phones, when the Z30 can be for work and play?

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    10-06-14 08:37 PM
    I never understand this concept. Why carry two phones, when the Z30 can be for work and play?

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    Because BlackBerry doesn't think it worthwhile to make dual sim phones....

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 09:53 PM
    Love them both and not sure which one to use.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 01:17 AM
    I haven't been able to find a phone that fits both requirements. A phone to carry around all day needs to be small enough that you can carry around comfortably (and in my case in a belt holster), while being easy to use for communication (calls and typing). While, a phone to use for browsing and watching videos needs to have a large screen. To me having only one phone to play the dual role is a compromise. Having two that fit each criteria separately will give me the best of both worlds.

On top of that, if one can afford to buy two (or more) phones, why shouldn't he/she? Half of the fun of buying phones is the enjoyment of setting up and playing with a new device!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 01:56 AM
    I like the Q10 because of size, and no double type here. I can type faster on a pkb than on screen one.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-07-14 02:02 AM

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    2 Phonenumbers.
    1- private and one corporate

Posted via Q10Bold
    10-07-14 02:10 AM
    I haven't been able to find a phone that fits both requirements. A phone to carry around all day needs to be small enough that you can carry around comfortably (and in my case in a belt holster), while being easy to use for communication (calls and typing). While, a phone to use for browsing and watching videos needs to have a large screen. To me having only one phone to play the dual role is a compromise. Having two that fit each criteria separately will give me the best of both worlds.

On top of that, if one can afford to buy two (or more) phones, why shouldn't he/she? Half of the fun of buying phones is the enjoyment of setting up and playing with a new device!

Posted via CB10
    To each their own. I might be questioning the need because I have a Z10 on a corporate account, meaning it's running on BES10. Therefore I have the luxury of switching from a work space to a personal space without worry of company restrictions.

I also think the Z10 meets my size requirements. Which is a reason I've hesitated moving over to the Z30 for the longest time. Every phone isn't perfect and you always have to compromise in one way or another, but it is my opinion that compromise as long as it's livable, is better then carrying two devices at all times.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    Last edited by Carmels; 10-07-14 at 07:11 AM.
    10-07-14 06:17 AM
    For me it's the buttons. I prefer pkb. Being able to swap batteries is a big plus for me as well

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1052
    10-07-14 06:24 AM
    Because BlackBerry doesn't think it worthwhile to make dual sim phones....

Posted via CB10
    Worth while, it's probably not. Speaking from a profitability standpoint. I could see there being a demand for other options that would have the potential in returning a higher adoption rate of a BlackBerry 10 device.

Would having a duel SIM as an option be awesome to have? Sure would but I would wager it's not a top ten most requested feature.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    10-07-14 07:16 AM
    I also think the Z10 meets my size requirements. Which is a reason I've hesitated moving over to the Z30 for the longest time. Every phone isn't perfect and you always have to compromise in one way or another, but it is my opinion that compromise as long as it's livable, is better then carrying two devices at all times.
    I agree, Z10 is the closest to the one phone fits all category. But, the only problem is its small battery. Sometimes it starts draining for no apparent reason, and goes fully drained in just a couple of hours, making it a little unreliable for all day carrying. Other than that, I would have been happy using it for both purposes.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:38 AM
    M

Proud owner of BlackBerry Z10/Q10
    10-07-14 04:40 PM