Went to two stores in Melbourne to check out screen brightness, both were locked by BlackBerry rep, and Telstra staff didn't have the password. Bought it anyway and love it. They had no stock, had to wait 5 days to come in.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:54 AM
    Running 10.2.1 and loving it.
    Pinch in Hub is cool. Still having charging issues thou.

Posted on my Huge Z30
    11-18-13 01:08 AM
    Running 10.2.1 and loving it.
    Pinch in Hub is cool. Still having charging issues thou.

Posted on my Huge Z30
    What charging issues do you have?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 04:09 AM
    Happen to be in Sydney this weekend. Went to the flagship Telstra store in cbd. One on display Not working.
    No way Kevin Nugent, I recall buying a Bold 9900 (which bricked after two months) and PlayBook from you on eBay a couple of years ago. No bother about the phone either, it was just bad luck!

On topic though I have to say that the way Aussie retailers treat BlackBerry is ridiculously bad. It's like they don't exist. I'm in Penrith in western Sydney and most retailers don't even have ANY BlackBerry phones like AllPhones or OneTel. Telstra are lucky to EVER have a working demo model in store and they are usually tucked away where no one can see them.

Years ago I went into Crazy John's to sign up a Torch 9800 upgrading from my Bold 9000. The bloke literally said "Are you sure? They're are much better Samsung phones here".

It sucks because BlackBerry 10 is amazing. Everyone I show it to thinks it's great and now that BBM is cross platform I have been able to delete WhatsApp from my phone. Fair enough if retailers aren't 'plugging' it but frankly they're doing the opposite and are just downright underselling it and giving them a bad name.

Posted via CB10
    zensen likes this.
    11-18-13 04:25 AM
    Yep Northpark Telstra Store in prospect. It's my store and we proudly display and sell BlackBerry.
    Last edited by big_chunuts; 11-18-13 at 11:45 PM.
    hashtagwinning and zensen like this.
    11-18-13 06:13 AM
    Anyone spotted and display models in Adelaide yet?

Posted via CB10
    Yep Northpark Telstra. See last post. Forgot to quote
    hashtagwinning likes this.
    11-18-13 06:14 AM
    What charging issues do you have?
    Posted via CB10
    Sometimes will not charge. I have to turn it off, well plugged in, to get it to charge.

Posted on my Huge Z30
    11-19-13 02:05 PM
    Dayno 25. Sales people here don't wanted to sell blackberry but promoting there own mobile. If some dude has an apple phone he trying to sell you that brand because it make him feel good and the same with samsung. People here are real followers and afraid to be outcasts. They are afraid what other people think and afraid of there status.

Also they don't display the phones here in the netherlands. All operators don't selling the blackberry Z30 here

Asking a product manager playing with his di... sorry iphone doesn't want to hear it. Only thinking in a uniform display of apple phones.

Should be good to show more than only android and ios phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:55 PM
    No way Kevin Nugent, I recall buying a Bold 9900 (which bricked after two months) and PlayBook from you on eBay a couple of years ago. No bother about the phone either, it was just bad luck!
    Wow. That is a coincidence! It wouldn't have been old either. I never keep phones for long!

The Blackberry marketing (here in Oz as I don't have experience of it overseas recently) is abysmal. I've been back to my local Telstra store now 4 times to see a functioning Z30. Same display device has been on display since launch. It doesn't work. At all. Terrible.
    11-20-13 09:50 PM
    Oh, I should have mentioned that whilst in Sydney - and just up the road - about 10 stores away from the flagship Telstra store - was the Samsung Experience shop. They are both directly across the street from the monster Apple Store (3 levels all glass amazing structure).

Getting back onto the Samsung Store - man these guys know how to market a product! Everything was working, clean, bright and cheerful. Everything was priced and advertised so you knew exactly how much the products were. brilliant store.
    11-20-13 09:54 PM
    I refuse to walk into a Samsung store..... because I know I will fall in love with the Note 3 with S View Cover.... and walk out after purchasing it.... so yup, better not go in...

from an australian Z10...
    11-21-13 03:17 AM
    Well, six weeks since my original Z30 saga The local Telstra shop I thought I'd drop in again. Guess what? Z10 no longer on display. Q10 on demo mode. Z30 in rebooting loop. Gets to the Blackberry screen and then turns off and then starts again. This is the same z30 display device from 6 weeks ago. Absolutely amateur hour.
    11-29-13 05:43 AM
    And Optus still haven't released it. Was told by a Sales Rep that they usually get notice of a new device two weeks in advance. He hadn't heard anything and this was just last week.
    11-29-13 06:00 AM
    Telstra shop in Mosman (Military Road) had Z30 displayed and working from the launch day...I was checking display brightness and resolution - due to some complaints on this forum... All is good, but still love my z10 and q10 (and wife will kill me if I get another phone!)
    11-29-13 06:38 AM
    One at my local store as well.

Z30 and Q10 side by side, no longer have the Z10 on display. Still drawn to the Q10 over the Z30.

Hope they release a Q30 next year :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 10:06 AM
    Just noticed Blackberry not listed at all at JB HiFi any longer. That's not good news.
    11-29-13 06:24 PM
    Just noticed Blackberry not listed at all at JB HiFi any longer. That's not good news.
    Could be that whole strategy of going back to corporate and prosumer market....
    I've always maintained at BlackBerry should have kept at their niche, and shouldn't even tamper with the consumer market. But that's a whole different discussion, not in this thread.
    Hopefully BlackBerry will be around for awhile, albeit back to corporate niche.

11-29-13 06:35 PM
    Bit the bullet and bought the z30 today. Screw Telstra though. Got it a few bucks cheaper at Harvey Norman.
    dusdal likes this.
    12-01-13 01:33 AM
    Bit the bullet and bought the z30 today. Screw Telstra though. Got it a few bucks cheaper at Harvey Norman.
    Awesome! You won't regret it!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 01:52 AM
    Good stuff mate....!!!!!

12-01-13 02:50 AM
    I'm liking it so far. Still on a very low version of the OS through Telstra though. And I use Macs at home (without Bootcamp) so no leaks for me.
    12-01-13 03:03 AM
121 ... 345