Curiosity got the better of me today so I went into our local Telstra store to try one out. $672 outright. Not bad. One on display. No power getting to it so it was dead. So was the z10 to the right and the q10 to the left.

I got a service person to get under the display cabinet and checked the power was on. Oops. Off. So, away we go! Not quite. Q10 and Z10 powered up. Z30 couldn't get past the red battery sign. Swapped out the power cable, and it booted up. Then it reset, and tried to boot again. After 3 reboots I thanked the lady and said I'd come back another day.
    10-31-13 02:11 AM
    Got my Z30 today almost stole it for what I paid on ebay. A solid device for sure. Interested to see what the battery life is.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 03:38 AM
    I went into an Optus store this morning and they've never seen a z30 or even heard of it

Everyone was interesting in seeing mine - and they really loved my red z10 ^^

Posted via CB10
    Sounds about right. <shakes head>

from an australian Z10...
    10-31-13 03:56 AM
    I went back to the Telstra store today to check out the Z30 again, and to see if they managed to get it running. Shop was packed. Every sales person was busy with someone (and that's about 12 people). Walked around the back of the store where the 3 Blackberry's are on display. Q10 was showing a demo. Z10 was dead. Z30 was dead. Power was connected but it wouldn't start up. Worse than yesterday. I grabbed a sales person quickly who happened by, and she said they would try and get me a phone from out back to look at - but I couldn't turn it on. Oh, and since launch they have sold ZERO Blackberry phones .... not just Z30's. Any Blackberry phone. And they are Australia's biggest telco and Blackberry supporter. Yikes. I left, again, without being able to see a Z30 running.
    anon(4077577) likes this.
    10-31-13 11:37 PM
    Z30 running in display at the Telstra store in Broadway (sydney) Harvey Norman next door had a bunch too. No cases though sadly.

Posted on my Huge Z30
    11-01-13 02:27 AM
    Using mine here in SA (Adelaide) Telus... Voda sim... works great! no issues, though I think I'm going to get a telstra sim, as I'm going to work in the Cooper Basin next week.
    11-01-13 03:38 AM
    just walked out of telstra store, doncaster shopping centre, they got a Z30, not plugged in.... telstra dude couldn't figure out why there isn't battery.... sigh.

11-01-13 04:15 AM
    just walked out of telstra store, doncaster shopping centre, they got a Z30, not plugged in.... telstra dude couldn't figure out why there isn't battery.... sigh.

Seems like its a typical Blackberry launch. Hide the products!
    zensen likes this.
    11-01-13 04:22 AM
    Seems like its a typical Blackberry launch. Hide the products!
    After the anger and disbelief has died down... I sometimes wonder, maybe cut the guys some slack, I wonder if there's an unspoken directive from headoffice to promote the other brands instead, because of higher margins or whatever....
    Was at Harvey Norman, they haven't a display Q10, because: whilst shrugging his shoulders, said: "we didn't have enough space"...

11-01-13 04:28 AM
    After the anger and disbelief has died down... I sometimes wonder, maybe cut the guys some slack, I wonder if there's an unspoken directive from headoffice to promote the other brands instead, because of higher margins or whatever....
    Was at Harvey Norman, they haven't a display Q10, because: whilst shrugging his shoulders, said: "we didn't have enough space"...

But places like Hardly Normal paid for an exclusive period to sell the Blackberry lines. Or, were they the only retailers giving it a go at all? Seems like the latter.
    11-01-13 05:01 AM
    Not a single unit in the Southern Highlands (NSW) at Optus, Telstra or Hardly Normal.

Thinking about discussing getting one via work's ABN with Optus. Australia is really not a BlackBerry nation, even less so than the States.
    11-01-13 06:22 AM
    Our Z30 works in our store, and we've sold out. We received 5, I got one, and sold the rest. My work mates know how to use it, or direct harder questions to me. I'm at the Highpoint Telstra store. If you want one, without someone trying to sell you something else, let me know and I'll make sure we have the stock.

Also we try to not sell iPhones as there is no margin in them, but you can't always convince the sheep.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 07:10 AM
    I went back to the Telstra store today to check out the Z30 again, and to see if they managed to get it running. Shop was packed. Every sales person was busy with someone (and that's about 12 people). Walked around the back of the store where the 3 Blackberry's are on display. Q10 was showing a demo. Z10 was dead. Z30 was dead. Power was connected but it wouldn't start up. Worse than yesterday. I grabbed a sales person quickly who happened by, and she said they would try and get me a phone from out back to look at - but I couldn't turn it on. Oh, and since launch they have sold ZERO Blackberry phones .... not just Z30's. Any Blackberry phone. And they are Australia's biggest telco and Blackberry supporter. Yikes. I left, again, without being able to see a Z30 running.
    Which store?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 06:33 PM
    Which store?

Posted via CB10
    Riverlink Shopping Centre in Ipswich.
    11-03-13 12:10 AM
    Got one from Telstra in Saturday, their main concept store in Melbourne.
    The sales guy had no idea about it or any BlackBerry.
    Anyhow, I'm really liking the phone, the larger screen makes typing with two hands heaps quicker.
    The battery however is not lasting too long.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 04:46 PM
    Takes a few days for the battery to bed in. Just like after an update

Posted on my Huge Z30
    11-03-13 07:25 PM
    My battery was awe full for the first 2 days. Now it's fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 12:08 AM
    Finally got to hold one today in my local Telstra shop. I think I'm in love...

On my chosen one... z10
    11-05-13 01:12 AM
    Got mine last week from the Doncaster store in Melbourne after seeing that the demo unit would not turn on! Best phone ever, should have been launched from the start!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 03:37 AM
    Anyone spotted and display models in Adelaide yet?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 11:45 PM
    Anyone spotted and display models in Adelaide yet?

Posted via CB10
    Telstra would have some surely?
    11-14-13 12:54 AM
    Telstra would have some surely?
    None in Brisbane .....bought mine from Harvey Normans for $9 (?) more than Telstra were advertising.

But still no cases, sleeves or the like anywhere .....looks like I will buy a sleeve online .....so much for supporting local retailers!
    11-14-13 04:58 AM
    Chermside Telstra Store (near big w) had one on display.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 03:05 PM
    Happen to be in Sydney this weekend. Went to the flagship Telstra store in cbd. One on display Not working.
    11-17-13 07:10 PM
    Happen to be in Sydney this weekend. Went to the flagship Telstra store in cbd. One on display Not working.
    Not working, in their flagship store.... i'm telling you, it's a conspiracy against BlackBerry....

11-18-13 12:45 AM
121 ... 2345