What is RRP?
    I thought RRP was a world wide term.

Recommended Retail Price. Basically what they think competitors will price it (ie, Mobicity - who usually price outrageously).

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    10-13-13 03:46 PM
    Nah. RRP is British/Australian. Never seen it used elsewhere in Europe or North America.

Just ordered a Z30 from ThinkOfUs.
    10-13-13 08:32 PM
    Spoke to a Brittany at ThinkOfUs. Wont be shipped for 2-3 days then another week on top of that for delivery. That's shockingly bad if it's true meaning I would never purschase from then again. I'd expect a 1.5 weeks from a UK or US seller, not HK.
    10-13-13 10:41 PM
    I'm just going to wait for an official handset. Nothing like holding it in your hand before you purchase.
    10-13-13 10:48 PM
    Recommended Resale Price (afaik - at least this is the meaning of RRP ) - the price which the producer thinks and proposes as the right price for the resellers...
    10-13-13 10:50 PM
    I'm just going to wait for an official handset. Nothing like holding it in your hand before you purchase.
    I dont every do that. I normally buy on eBay where it's cheap and look at HD pictures beforehand.
    10-13-13 10:59 PM
    Spoke to a Brittany at ThinkOfUs. Wont be shipped for 2-3 days then another week on top of that for delivery. That's shockingly bad if it's true meaning I would never purschase from then again. I'd expect a 1.5 weeks from a UK or US seller, not HK.
    I spoke to her, and she put me through to the manager and he said 'Ahh, that bloody receptionist. It'll be there in a few days.'

kevinnugent likes this.
    10-14-13 03:27 AM
    How long after you ordered did it switch from processing to shipped?
    10-14-13 07:54 AM
    Do you guys reckon the carriers will bother to carry the Z30?

I was in the new Telstra shop near home on the weekend. People were still lined up tp buy the new iphones (surprise, surprise). I was wandering around the store checking out all the new shiney phones - they have display tables much like Apple stores - waiting for my concierge appointment - and I realised I couldn't see any Blackberry phones. I keep looking, and there right at the very end of the second table facing the wall was a Q10 and a white Z10. Both were turned off. I tried turning them both on, but couldn't. They were both plugged in and had those security latches on them so you couldn't really pick them up to properly assess weight and size though. But, both of the display handsets were broken.

When I asked the concierge what the deal was, she said "Honestly, we haven't sold one for weeks - someone will be around to remove them soon anyway". I asked why and she said they'd heard from Head Office that Blackberry weren't selling to the public anymore - just "business customers". She laughed and said "you know, boring old white guys". haha Yeah, I thought. Smart b*tch.

Anyway, as I left, the line to sign up a new iPhone was getting longer.
    10-14-13 07:26 PM

I was in the new Telstra shop near home on the weekend. People were still lined up tp buy the new iphones (surprise, surprise). I was wandering around the store checking out all the new shiney phones - they have display tables much like Apple stores - waiting for my concierge appointment - and I realised I couldn't see any Blackberry phones. I keep looking, and there right at the very end of the second table facing the wall was a Q10 and a white Z10. Both were turned off. I tried turning them both on, but couldn't. They were both plugged in and had those security latches on them so you couldn't really pick them up to properly assess weight and size though. But, both of the display handsets were broken.

When I asked the concierge what the deal was, she said "Honestly, we haven't sold one for weeks - someone will be around to remove them soon anyway". I asked why and she said they'd heard from Head Office that Blackberry weren't selling to the public anymore - just "business customers". She laughed and said "you know, boring old white guys". haha Yeah, I thought. Smart b*tch.

Anyway, as I left, the line to sign up a new iPhone was getting longer.
    Must be Sydney?

iPhone 5S is NOT popular in BrisVegas.
    10-14-13 07:55 PM
    Must be Sydney?

iPhone 5S is NOT popular in BrisVegas.
    Ipswich. Boganville.
    10-14-13 07:58 PM
    Ipswich. Boganville.
    No offense, but every single bogan has an iPhone. Agreed?

PS - iPhone is popular in Logan. Now what's that saying? Can you ever see a Logan Bogan with a BlackBerry?
    10-14-13 08:11 PM
    No offense, but every single bogan has an iPhone. Agreed?

PS - iPhone is popular in Logan. Now what's that saying? Can you ever see a Logan Bogan with a BlackBerry?
    haha. None taken. Around here you never see a Blackberry. The pretentious young things have iphones - normally an older model like 4 or 4s - the geeks normally have Android phones and the rest have the Woolworths Pre Paid $60 Samsung thingy.
    RohrohrohURboat likes this.
    10-14-13 08:27 PM
    Rumour is that both Optus and Telstra will carry the BlackBerry Z30, availability from October 29.
    Last edited by higherdestiny; 10-14-13 at 09:36 PM.
    10-14-13 09:14 PM
    Rumour is that both Optus and Telstra will carry the BlackBerry Z30, availability from October 29.
    Rumour is that u can't wait that long!!!!

BlackBerry & Nintendo Alliance. Bring Pokmon to BlackBerry 10. Bring BlackBerry Bridge to iPad and Android Tablets!!
    10-14-13 09:39 PM
    haha. None taken. Around here you never see a Blackberry. The pretentious young things have iphones - normally an older model like 4 or 4s - the geeks normally have Android phones and the rest have the Woolworths Pre Paid $60 Samsung thingy.
    Yes, I fully agree.

In fact, I would go as far to say that the 4/4S is the most popular model phone you see around.

In the bogan communities it is the absolute majority of users have the 4/4S.

No offense to people who see the iPhone as elegant, but it is hard to grasp that concept when on Australia it is our hogan communities that truly embrace it.

BlackBerry & Nintendo Alliance. Bring Pokmon to BlackBerry 10. Bring BlackBerry Bridge to iPad and Android Tablets!!
    10-14-13 09:40 PM
    Mine arrived from Think Of Us. The delivery guy didn't even bother going down the drive way to see if we were home. Left a letter in the letterbox and have to pick it up tomorrow.

10-14-13 11:19 PM
    Anybody know if the blackberry trade up $100 credit will apply to the Z30?

Z10.2 via CB10
    10-15-13 03:21 AM
    I noticed you can trade up with Mobicity if you have a Z10. They'll give up to about $130 back based on the quality. Sad that at $699 to start off, it's cheaper than what I paid for the Z10. I've got a scratch on the bottom of mine, so I'd probably be looking at $90 or so back if I traded it in.
    10-15-13 06:33 AM
    Anybody know if the blackberry trade up $100 credit will apply to the Z30?

Z10.2 via CB10
    I'm pretty sure Optus are going to allow their buy back scheme. It depends on where you are in your contract. I'm hitting the store the day they arrive.
    10-15-13 08:02 AM
    iPhones are more or less just a fashion accessory for the female crowd in their 20s. I go to university and I can verify this factual statement. Some of them even have cases that make their iPhones look like part of their fancy purses. I think the iPhones are only popular with those who are technologically stupid... i.e. know next to nothing about technology and are the type to ask me for basic computer help.

I noticed you can trade up with Mobicity if you have a Z10. They'll give up to about $130 back based on the quality. Sad that at $699 to start off, it's cheaper than what I paid for the Z10. I've got a scratch on the bottom of mine, so I'd probably be looking at $90 or so back if I traded it in.
    I just recently got $280~ for my used BlackBerry Z10 on eBay. Buyer even picked it up the next day with cash in hand to avoid the whole PayPal business. Try selling it on eBay as the second hand ones are popular right around now. If it's in good, almost mint, condition like mine was list it for like $270-300.

Mine arrived from Think Of Us. The delivery guy didn't even bother going down the drive way to see if we were home. Left a letter in the letterbox and have to pick it up tomorrow.

Jealous I emailed them and the manager replied saying it should have shipped out this evening or at the latest in the morning and that I should receive it by Monday at the latest. I really want it by Friday!
    10-15-13 08:19 AM
    iPhones are more or less just a fashion accessory for the female crowd in their 20s. I go to university and I can verify this factual statement. Some of them even have cases that make their iPhones look like part of their fancy purses. I think the iPhones are only popular with those who are technologically stupid... i.e. know next to nothing about technology and are the type to ask me for basic computer help.

I just recently got $280~ for my used BlackBerry Z10 on eBay. Buyer even picked it up the next day with cash in hand to avoid the whole PayPal business. Try selling it on eBay as the second hand ones are popular right around now. If it's in good, almost mint, condition like mine was list it for like $270-300.

Jealous I emailed them and the manager replied saying it should have shipped out this evening or at the latest in the morning and that I should receive it by Monday at the latest. I really want it by Friday!
    Pretty good service, I must admit.

Mobicity took more than 3 weeks, and costs more with every device.

I'm going to nick mine up from the airport now.

10-15-13 10:01 PM
    Pretty good service, I must admit.
    Depends on what you consider good service. I asked for the tracking number yesterday afternoon and was advised I'd be emailed it yesterday evening, it's now early the next morning and surprise, surprise no email.

During yesterday afternoon's chat, I inquired about the status of my order and they told me it would be shipping out yesterday evening. I was like "What? I have an email from your company saying it was going to be shipped out the evening of the 15th or early 16th", suddenly the live chat representative changed her story, claiming if thats what I was told that's what would have occurred.

I highly doubt at this point it's even been shipped and this is pathetic.
    10-16-13 11:51 AM
    Got the tracking number.
    Last edited by CatlinFD; 10-16-13 at 10:03 PM.
    10-16-13 06:18 PM
    Got the tracking number.
    Mine arrived in less than 3 business days.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 07:23 AM
121 1234 ...