I've been using the 1925 leak for my z30 for about a week now and it's running very smooth

Posted via CB10
    retrofinn likes this.
    01-21-14 01:03 AM
    Just READ READ READ!!! There's a ton of people helping, but look around the forums and you'll find all of the answers!
    01-21-14 01:03 AM
    I too have a z30 on its way to me cant wait ,and as far as any lag that will be sorted when a update to the os is leaked
    01-21-14 02:00 AM
    I've had my Z30 since last week, installiing 10.2.1.1925 + radio 1926
    Everything is running well, better than my previous Z10 and Q10
    Just the size is a little bit too big
    Maybe 4,5" is the best size IMO

Z30-STA-2 with 10.2.1.1925 leak
    01-21-14 03:01 AM
    What is the point of asking about product which you already bought? :/
    01-21-14 03:15 AM
    Get the newest 10.2.1 leak! Or live in horror haha

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 03:44 AM
    Well, if those are the things you do most with the phone and really not an app junkie, then this is the phone for you. The battery life is stellar, it makes poor battery unacceptable (previously we were getting used to it), got a powerbank for Christmas, barely had to use it.

Enjoy!!
    01-21-14 05:25 AM
    Will I be able to do this from my mac? or do I need a Windows?
    Apple and Black Berry, have never played well together. Long since the beginning of time.... They have never been able to bury the hatchet!
    01-21-14 05:32 AM
    If you want to know the power of the Z30 read my BlackBerry Laptop Challenge i am starting. I'm sure once you get it in your hands you will change your mind. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2014-a-895612/
    01-21-14 05:37 AM
    The best blackberry ever made handheld
    01-21-14 05:47 AM
    i got my z10 in early days. Aside from the bb10 OS novelty, it had little else to offer then.

Now its my social hub. All mails, and almost all chat apps are available.
    Battery life is not too bad too.
    With the latest 1925 leak, and android apps, i have also added some ebook apps and it now rocks.

If I did not have a Z10, I would have jumped at the z30.
    01-21-14 06:09 AM
    Will I be able to do this from my mac? or do I need a Windows?
    You will need to use Windows.

However if you have a MAC then it is possible to run Windows OS using Apple's built in utility BootCamp. BootCamp allows you to partition your MAC hard drive to run Windows OS. I load my leaks this way without any issues at all.

If you are not familiar with the BootCamp utility feature of MAC OS then I suggest you download the leak you want/need, then transfer it to a flash drive and load the leak using a friend's computer using Windows OS.

Alternatively you could commission, buy or otherwise obtain a discarded older Windows based laptop as your leak loader. You will be back for more leaks once you try it.

The Z30 is a smooth and fast operating phone. I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.

As a suggestion, be sure to load Canada's National Film board App from BlackBerry World. There's plenty of really good free content there and the Z30 showcases the NFB app really well.
    Last edited by blackburberry; 01-21-14 at 06:22 AM.
    01-21-14 06:11 AM
    What do people usually come to forums for? They have a complaint or a problem they need help with. You're going to see a lot of that on forums no matter what the product. Forum members represent a very small percentage of consumers. Most people don't have any problem. So don't think these complaints are the norm. You will love this phone.

I have a Mac and cannot load a leak from it. But honestly, 10.2.1 is very close to being released officially, and 10.2.0 is awesome as it is. I wouldn't base my decision to keep it or not based on that.

Have fun with it!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 06:11 AM
    I'm am having an Z30 overnighted and will also be keeping my iPhone 5s. I am just worried after reading all these threads that this phone will disappoint me. I had a blackberry Z10 at the beginning of the 2013 and then got an iPhone 5 and then 5s and now here i am giving the Z30 a try. Most important is my email and text functionality and I just read that texting can sometimes lag and create a blank screen when trying to read text messages.
    Will get it tomorrow morning by 1030am, i will then update at the end of the day on my first day impression.
    Just to clarify with some facts, the Z30 is the one of the highest user rated phone in the world, getting better reviews then the S4 and iPhone 5s.

And to top it off, the Z30 is amazing. You've made the right choice.
    tangozulu likes this.
    01-21-14 06:17 AM
    My Z30 is a brilliant phone without any issues you mention, the keyboard is amazing which is high praise as I'm a physical keyboard person. Enjoy it, I do.
    01-21-14 06:23 AM
    No need to worry, this device is awesome, must install the latest leak. Enjoy your new Z30 :-)

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    01-21-14 07:15 AM
    Best. Phone. Ever.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    01-21-14 08:15 AM
    Sorry about all the newbie questions/concerns
    Don't be sorry -- that's exactly what we're here for.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-21-14 08:20 AM
    I got one a few weeks back now, haven't looked back.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy white Z30 rocking 10.2.1.1925
    01-21-14 08:26 AM
    I'm am having an Z30 overnighted and will also be keeping my iPhone 5s. I am just worried after reading all these threads that this phone will disappoint me. I had a blackberry Z10 at the beginning of the 2013 and then got an iPhone 5 and then 5s and now here i am giving the Z30 a try. Most important is my email and text functionality and I just read that texting can sometimes lag and create a blank screen when trying to read text messages.
    Will get it tomorrow morning by 1030am, i will then update at the end of the day on my first day impression.
    Texting is currently only a problem if you never close off the text conversion and it become months long. Delete them regularly and you will never have a problem.
    01-21-14 08:29 AM
    The 2 concerns I've read about this phone are loose, too easy to activate volume/mute buttons and low volume on the ear piece.

I haven't seen if those issues have been resolved or not.
    01-21-14 08:51 AM
    Nahhhh... that feeling in your stomach isn't nervousness. It's the excitement of getting a new Z30!! Everyone that gets one in their hands feels the same way.
    01-21-14 09:04 AM
    Amazing device you will love it! We only have a week to wait until the official 10.2.1 OS is released. According to some articles. I'm hopeful.

Posted Via my Z-30
    01-21-14 09:09 AM
    I would recommend loading 1925 Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    I got the 1925 on my Z10 and it causes the blank screen OP spoke about. So unless he needs the direct android app installation capability, he will be happy with official OS from his carrier.
    gomezdiego likes this.
    01-21-14 09:15 AM
    I have a Z30 for over 2 months now, and am glad i bought this phone over an iPhone or a droid device.

OS is very intuitive to use and smooth in experience. Message system and its integration with other programmes on the phone is impressive. I have my corporate email (BES10) on this phone in addition to 4 personal email accounts, 1 twitter, BBM, and LinkedIn accounts setup. The Hub integrates all these accounts so well, i can't think of using any other messaging system. Hub is simply superb.

And oh, my phone is constantly syncing (due to corporate email on active sync) despite which i get a battery time of between 15 to 20 hours on a single charge. To put things in perspective, i get about 250 to 300 emails a day, countless BBM usage, have couple of hours of calls, an hour of online music streaming routine. Before i transitioned my corporate email on Z30, i used to get 30 to 36 hours of battery life on a single charge. So depending on how you plan to use your phone, this is broadly the reference range for you.

Phone has been trouble free except for 1 instance about a week post purchase. It suddenly bricked and restarted after 5 minutes. My BB Id stopped working and hence couldn't update existing apps nor download new ones. Everything else worked fine including already installed apps. Did a security wipe, which solved the problem. Never had any issues since then. This is an issue i've noticed a few owners report. So be prepared to do a security wipe (very simple 5 to 7 minute process).

Screen is beautiful to look at. Quality of construction is top notch. This device oozes quality. With 170gm weight, it feels solidly built and a joy to hold in your hand.

Keyboard is the best out there. It keep learning your language and grammar usage which makes it an effortless experience.

Speakers are the best out there. Apart from HTC one, no other device will come even close to the quality of sound and loudness.

Coming from iPhone you may miss the access to selection of apps, but you'll realise that this phone is less reliant on apps to get the job done! And yes, its browser is excellent, so a lot of apps become irrelevant. Of course, you'll struggle to get the latest games on this OS, but if you care about efficiency in messaging and help in improving your productivity on a mobile device, Z30 beats every other phone hands down.

I've stopped using my iPad for most things except for reading some of the magazines and newspapers i subscribe to and an odd game. Having said that, BB10 has some catch up to do on apps front but it has come a long way. I have >75% of what i need in tems of apps. Additionally, With OS 10.2.1 on the horizon, you'll be able to directly download most android apps from Google Play store on your phone. net net, even on the apps front, you'll be fine in coming weeks (based on the latest rumour of a Jan end roll out).

Hope this helps and addresses some of your concerns. You've made the right choice, Enjoy the beast!
    01-21-14 09:31 AM
114 1234 ...