I'm am having an Z30 overnighted and will also be keeping my iPhone 5s. I am just worried after reading all these threads that this phone will disappoint me. I had a blackberry Z10 at the beginning of the 2013 and then got an iPhone 5 and then 5s and now here i am giving the Z30 a try. Most important is my email and text functionality and I just read that texting can sometimes lag and create a blank screen when trying to read text messages.
    Will get it tomorrow morning by 1030am, i will then update at the end of the day on my first day impression.
    01-20-14 11:05 PM
    Don't go by anything here, form your own opinions and thoughts after having used the device. The forums are great for help and troubleshooting but when it comes to 'opinions', pfft! No one knows how you use your device better than yourself.
    01-20-14 11:07 PM
    Congratulations on your 30. I got mine last week. I truly love it. The only issue I had was the phone would stop ringing about once a day. I reboot it and it would be fine for about a day. I read somewhere to unistall Sayit app and I did and all has been well. I would recommend loading 1925 and side load the snap so you can get most all of the android apps. It is truly the best phone I've ever owned and I've had a lot of phones. Good luck and give it a chance. If you do install 1925 give it a day or two to settle in. Keep us posted

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    01-20-14 11:10 PM
    I'm am having an Z30 overnighted and will also be keeping my iPhone 5s. I am just worried after reading all these threads that this phone will disappoint me. I had a blackberry Z10 at the beginning of the 2013 and then got an iPhone 5 and then 5s and now here i am giving the Z30 a try. Most important is my email and text functionality and I just read that texting can sometimes lag and create a blank screen when trying to read text messages.
    Will get it tomorrow morning by 1030am, i will then update at the end of the day on my first day impression.
    It is a amazing phone which I plan to upgrade to soon

Posted via CB10
    119 Others and Jiggy1971 like this.
    01-20-14 11:12 PM
    Don't worry about anything! Enjoy your amazing device! Happy Phone Day!

Posted via CB10
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    01-20-14 11:18 PM
    Don't go by anything here, form your own opinions and thoughts after having used the device. The forums are great for help and troubleshooting but when it comes to 'opinions', pfft! No one knows how you use your device better than yourself.
    Well said!

A wise man once shared a piece of wisdom with me.. opinions are like assholes.. everybody's got one.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 11:22 PM
    I have no lag and only good things to say, but now that you bought it, give it a honest try and post back here for a follow up. And remember, it will get even better shortly with 10.2.1.

Hope you enjoy what for me is the best phone I have ever used. Best of luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 11:22 PM
    Ditch the iPhone... you won't be needing it! Make sure to load up the latest 10.2.1 leak and get ready to experience mobile communication nirvana!

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Monty and ArmedHitman like this.
    01-20-14 11:24 PM
    I've checked my brothers z30 out and it truly is amazing. He has been extremely happy with the performance and has never had a bad thing to say about it. Have fun.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 11:41 PM
    How do get the leak? Is it available on the Verizon model?
    01-20-14 11:42 PM
    Leaks are available for every network and blackberry phone available. Just search the forums for 10.2.1.1925 you should find the thread. Check what phone model you have.. Like STA100-1/2/3/4/5 and plus cause your on verizon you might have a special OS for you.. Just search the forums or ask someone but yeah Download and then just open and double click the .Exe autoloader If you need anymore help just ask anyone!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 11:49 PM
    You can find the leak for the appropriate models here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=887047

Just make sure you choose the right leak OS for your Z30 and not the wrong OS for a Q5,Q10 or Z10 and you'll be fine.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 11:50 PM
    Will I be able to do this from my mac? or do I need a Windows?
    01-20-14 11:52 PM
    if you really don't like it, I'll be right here waiting to take it off your hands! lol
    01-20-14 11:53 PM
    Will I be able to do this from my mac? or do I need a Windows?
    Windows but I think some people do it with MAC... it might be more complicated for you though. Just use Windows

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 11:56 PM
    You will not be disappointed. Many of the things you read on here are either a case of user error or someone who is impatient or upset about something and going about it the wrong way rather than asking for help. I went from the Z10 to the Z30 and it's an amazing device. It's the best device I have ever used.
    It's now to the point that my wife wants to play around with my phone rather than her iphone 5.
    If you need help with the leak, let us know and I will walk you through it.
    Also, rumor has it that the official 10.2.1.1925 should be launching in a week. Not sure about Verizon but apparently they may have waited and skipped 10.2.0 for this update so it could actually come in a timely manner from them.

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    01-20-14 11:59 PM
    If you don't like it, no big deal. Seems like you get a new phone every few months anyways. I'm sure you will have something new in your pocket by spring time anyways.

I like the z30 and jumped on it knowing it would be my phone for at least two years. I don't upgrade until my contract is done and then my phone isn't working properly.

Don't get me wrong, I love new tech like most people here but I really get the most joy from my device by getting to know it really well. Second, when you delay an upgrade as long as possible, your next upgrade is really nice. Third, it save a lot of cash

My point is that just enjoy the phone and who cares what others think. If you dislike it flip it. Its not like it's the only phone you have and money doesn't seem to be an issue for you anyways

Posted via my Z30
    LoganSix likes this.
    01-21-14 12:01 AM
    More than likely some of the bugs you listed are when running leaks and that's pretty prevalent amongst all BB10 devices. Basically its nothing you need to worry about unless you load a leak and even then if you do it right there shouldn't be any major issues. If anything does go wrong you have the option to reload the stock OS, which should clean everything up. Overall you should be pleased with it, from what I hear it has fantastic build and battery life, a decent screen and fast performance.
    01-21-14 12:01 AM
    I went from(just counting the os 10) z-10/q-10/iphone 5s/z-30...

I have to say I lasted only a week and a half with the iphone. Man I just don't get it why besides the simplicity do people want these things. All 3 BlackBerry's arw better then this icrAp. Kijiji here I come....

BlackBerry just needs to release a slider and they will shut the game down. For real, for real....
    01-21-14 12:11 AM
    What??!! I don't see many complaints about BB10 on any device, and definitely not the Z30, I've had mine since launch and its excellent, even better with the current leak.
    01-21-14 12:13 AM
    Well said!

A wise man once shared a piece of wisdom with me.. opinions are like assholes.. everybody's got one.

Posted via CB10
    And there's a lot here...

I'm running a verizon z30 on tmobile! This phone is a beast! Only thing I hate is that I can't catch LTE... other than that best BlackBerry phone to date!!! trust me you will love it... load 1925 on it and go to town

I'm qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry and because I am the Black Squircle Samurai!
    ray689 and David in Durham like this.
    01-21-14 12:45 AM
    And there's a lot here...

I'm running a verizon z30 on tmobile! This phone is a beast! Only thing I hate is that I can't catch LTE... other than that best BlackBerry phone to date!!! trust me you will love it... load 1925 on it and go to town

I'm qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry and because I am the Black Squircle Samurai!
    I will probably run into some trouble loading 1925 but I will try. When I had my Z10 I learned to side load apps? Is that the term? Anyways how much harder than porting apps from android is it?
    01-21-14 12:48 AM
    I will probably run into some trouble loading 1925 but I will try. When I had my Z10 I learned to side load apps? Is that the term? Anyways how much harder than porting apps from android is it?
    Loading a leak is tons easier than side loading. If you do it when your phone is new, you don't have to worry about the backup and restore stuff. It'll take 10-20 mins. Just download the correct autoloader for your device onto your PC, make sure BlackBerry Link is not running, put phone into airplane mode, connect it to PC and run the autoloader with a double click. That's it really. Just wait for it to do it's thing.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    01-21-14 12:57 AM
    Loading a leak is tons easier than side loading. If you do it when your phone is new, you don't have to worry about the backup and restore stuff. It'll take 10-20 mins. Just download the correct autoloader for your device onto your PC, make sure BlackBerry Link is not running, put phone into airplane mode, connect it to PC and run the autoloader with a double click. That's it really. Just wait for it to do it's thing.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    Sounds really simple! Is it stable enough for everyday tasks?
    01-21-14 01:00 AM
    Sorry about all the newbie questions/concerns
    01-21-14 01:00 AM
114 123 ...