5inch is considered phablet on crackberry lol.
    Not just here, even BlackBerry itself call it 'phablet'. Remember Dell Streak? It is a phablet, right?
    Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 12:52 PM
    And you know what people say about reviewers that have little hands don't you...

Post via CB Z10
    yeah
    they can't use a Z30 one handed
    Gran PC likes this.
    09-28-13 12:53 PM
    The Z30 is a big device for a 5 inch phone and its gesture based OS doesn't lend to one handed use in its form factor.
    this was my biggest concern with this larger form factor. losing the convenience of one-handed use. the more i think about it the more i agree that the gesture based OS is ideal for the smaller Z10.
    walking my dog holding the dog leash in one hand while checking messages on my phone with my other hand is something that would not be as easy with the larger Z30 unless I somehow grow a longer thumb so i can stretch to to see the messages in the hub.
    09-28-13 12:58 PM
    I haven't seen no one with an S4 working one handed, I can, that's why I will get the Z30, but must of my friends with the S4 can't handle it with one hand, I guess is a hand size and way of use issue, I've even made the BB10 gestures over my friends S4 just to check if I will be comfortable with the Z30, found no problem swiping up, down or to the sides, could reach every corner of the phone, I have not big hands is just that you must find the way to hold it in order to let your thumb get all the ways, is a little more tricky than with the Z10 but you can find a way to do it and get used to it.

Also checked if it was pocketable, and the S4 fitted perfectly in my pocket, so I guess there will be no problem with the Z30.

the S4 has only one millimeter less in every measure than the Z30 that's why I compare with it.

I would recommend to try the size with a S4, if you can't handle that one chances are you won't be able to handle the Z30.
    09-28-13 01:02 PM
    I don't see where it makes any difference. There are a lot of other large phablets like the Note 2 that sell. Many people like larger devices.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    09-28-13 01:03 PM
    Not necessarily. Other large screen devices such as Galaxy S4 don't require you to swipe from the far left of the screen to do basic tasks like you do with the Blackberry Hub on BB10. The Galaxy S4 is a big screen phone, but you don't need to stretch your thumb across the screen as all your 'thumb work' on the Galaxy S4 is done from the bottom or middle. The Blackberry Hub involves lots of swiping from the left of the screen. Something that is better suited for the smaller Z10.
    Why do you have to swipe from the "far" left? The middle of the screen provides enough space to perform the swipe. Only a root peek might need a "far" left, but that is easier since its done from the bottom of the phone.
    dracolnyte and Captain_Hilts like this.
    09-28-13 01:09 PM
    I don't see where it makes any difference. There are a lot of other large phablets like the Note 2 that sell. Many people like larger devices.
    It makes a difference in sales, as Phablets are a niche product. They account for far less of overall sales.
    09-28-13 01:12 PM
    Nearly impossible? Try putting the z30 in Shaquille O'Neal's hands.

I haven't seen the marketing for this device, but was it advertised as a one-handed device?
    ...had to do it, lol...

Sent from my "CrackDroid" Nexus 4 using the Mobile Nations App
    Attached Thumbnails Z30 "almost impossible to use one-handed" according to one reviewer-1380426258002.jpg  
    09-28-13 10:47 PM
    Not necessarily. Other large screen devices such as Galaxy S4 don't require you to swipe from the far left of the screen to do basic tasks like you do with the Blackberry Hub on BB10. The Galaxy S4 is a big screen phone, but you don't need to stretch your thumb across the screen as all your 'thumb work' on the Galaxy S4 is done from the bottom or middle. The Blackberry Hub involves lots of swiping from the left of the screen. Something that is better suited for the smaller Z10.
    So you never have to swipe from the top on an S4? Ever? Also I never use the left bezel on BB10. Ever. I think any 5" screen is the breaking point for the average hand. You can find a way to hold it one handed but are you confident in the way you hold it so that you won't drop it or you will accurately do what you want. The Z10 is a good size for one-handed use. The Z30 is big, but to say the S4 is better for one handed use only tells me you are more acquainted with the phone and have found what works for you. Put a Z30 in your hands for a while, compare, then get back to us. I don't believe this reviewer could be so daft as to think that 5" phones can be used one handed so easily.
    09-28-13 11:10 PM
    S4 and HTC One are easy to use one handed. The z30 is bigger than both!
    the z30 is 2 millimeters taller and 2 millimeters wider... do 2 millimeters make the s4 easy to use one handed? lol
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-29-13 12:50 AM
    It makes a difference in sales, as Phablets are a niche product. They account for far less of overall sales.
    the s4 is a phablet? that thing has huge sales.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-29-13 12:51 AM
    Look at this video (also posted in another thread) ... the whole of the demonstration is performed one handed.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 08:13 AM
    I have it and it's easy to use one handed, only slightly bigger than z10

Posted via CB10
    chrispmoto likes this.
    09-29-13 08:23 AM
    I have it and it's easy to use one handed, only slightly bigger than z10

Posted via CB10
    +1
    It's big, but I've had no issues with one handed operation.

Posted via CB10
    chrispmoto likes this.
    09-29-13 10:17 AM
    +1
    It's big, but I've had no issues with one handed operation.

Posted via CB10
    That's what she said! LOL
    sibeans and Fnord like this.
    09-29-13 11:39 AM
    And your point is?

You give credence to someone who posts a review but admits he hasn't used it long enough to test the battery and couldn't be @rsed to try out the camera? It would appear he took longer to write that drivel than he spent "testing it"... #SMH
    I read the article and thought exactly the same, a hands on review without using the thing. Madness!

A UK Z10 Owner
    09-29-13 05:58 PM
    The 'thumb work' required on the Z10 is definitely not from one side to the other.
    Imagine a small + in the middle of the screen...that's all I use to get around the entire OS...and efficiently I might add.
    Using the same method will work great on the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 09:45 AM
    Maybe that's why BB is putting the Hub icon on 10.2, to make it easier for those who would have problems swiping from the left to bring it up.
    09-30-13 03:22 PM
    Meh... he's entitled to the opinion, but IMHO, the Z30 is another option. That's a good thing in my book.
    09-30-13 03:53 PM
    I use the Z30 fine one handed for most task. typing one handed is a little awkward but still more than doable. My hands are average if not a little below average.
    09-30-13 03:56 PM
    Has CrackBerry done a review on the Z30? I haven't seen one and I wonder if I missed it. I know Simon has a quick handson article.
    10-02-13 03:14 PM
    I can use my Z30 one handed and I am not that tall. It feels good in hand. The back is perfect to hold. Not slippery.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 03:33 PM
47 12