Recently made the switch from a Z10 to a Z30, and I find that my "push" activesync isnt working! I've tried several things, playing with the advanced settings, deleting and readding the account multiple times. Even setting it to "fetch 5 mins" overnight before turning AS on again, and nothing.

Both phones are/were on 10.0.2.429 official from my carrier (please don't suggest a leaked OS, I'm not up for that ATM).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Alternatively I'm considering setting it to "fetch 5 mins"... will this be lower battery life than activesync?

Another alternative is to set up gmail forwarding on the account, then just "hide" the AS account from the Hub. What do you guys think?
    12-10-13 08:04 AM
    I will check the data plan
    12-10-13 08:41 AM
    I will check the data plan
    Data plan works well. All my Gmail accounts are pushed no problem

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:25 AM
    It's particularly frustrating because the configurations between the two phones were exactly the same!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:26 AM
    I'm betting your Exchange admin has to remove the ActiveSync partnership of your Z10. It is probably confused because it has a BlackBerry partnered under your email address and is seeing one with a different ID. I ran in to this problem once when I updated my Z10. Lucky for me I work next to the Exchange admin.

Download Microsoft Exchange Server ActiveSync Web Administration Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center
    12-10-13 09:33 AM
    I'm betting your Exchange admin has to remove the ActiveSync partnership of your Z10. It is probably confused because it has a BlackBerry partnered under your email address and is seeing one with a different ID. I ran in to this problem once when I updated my Z10. Lucky for me I work next to the Exchange admin.

Download Microsoft Exchange Server ActiveSync Web Administration Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center
    Thanks for the help. I went to the settings page on activesync and removed any other devices (including my PB). Then deleted and readded the account. The problem is not yet resolved.
    12-10-13 11:44 AM
    Thanks for the help. I went to the settings page on activesync and removed any other devices (including my PB). Then deleted and readded the account. The problem is not yet resolved.
    The ActiveSync implementation should be exactly the same on the two phones because of their common OS version.

What version for Exchange are you running? Are you also the Exchange admin? I ask because you referenced removing devices on the ActiveSync page.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 07:26 PM
    The ActiveSync implementation should be exactly the same on the two phones because of their common OS version.

What version for Exchange are you running? Are you also the Exchange admin? I ask because you referenced removing devices on the ActiveSync page.

Posted via CB10
    It's the latest office365 exchange I believe. I'm not the admin, but a grad student. It is my university email account and is run by them. I guess they give us a lot of permissions to edit our profile as we please.

And I know, it should be the exact same! I can't find any difference

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 10:25 PM
    It's the latest office365 exchange I believe. I'm not the admin, but a grad student. It is my university email account and is run by them. I guess they give us a lot of permissions to edit our profile as we please.

And I know, it should be the exact same! I can't find any difference

Posted via CB10
    Well being that it's office 365, that rules out half of my ideas on server and firewall misconfigurations as Microsoft has all of those issues well in hand.

I haven't used Office 365, but in Exchange 2010 and later you can use ActiveSync logging through Outlook Web App to see if there is anything unusual going on. Check out the steps here and let us know what you find:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2461792/en-us

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:18 AM