Well my update came in today and it went well. But now my Android apps are very very slow. Some games that worked okay on 10.2 (slightly laggy) went to virtually unusable (very laggy).

The other thing is that load times are noticeably slower (black screen for what seems like an eternity but is really probably 20-30 seconds).

Examples are GSN Solitaire and Trivia Crack (Paid version).

Is there any tweaking I can do to at least bring the Android apps back to 10.2 performance? Or is my best option to roll back?

I had been under the impression that the Android translation was far superior than 10.2 and that multiple cores were available... but this seems to be far worse. Too bad.
    02-25-15 06:49 PM
    Shouldn't be worse at all. Your Z30 is probably doing other things in the background and since you haven't had the update for long it will cool down soon enough. Show us the processing in past 48 hours with device manager.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 06:58 PM
    I would give it a day to settle down then test it again.
    Your phone is busy doing lots of things after the update.
    Also I would turn it off and restart it If you're the kind of person that leaves it on all the time. I turn mine off each night before I go to bed and turn it on first thing in the morning.

Also make sure you check for updates to your apps.
    Take care.

www. carm. org
    02-25-15 08:09 PM
    Yeah. Do a few hard resets.

Your device should be good to go.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:25 PM
    So I have since shut down my device a few times... and I've tried reinstalling the apps. Here's the thing: some Android apps seem to run okay (albeuit with longer load times than before). Certain apps that ran okay before are now extremely choppy to the point that they are unusable. Perhaps some applications are more likely to exhibit problems than others.

For me the update was smooth and everythng else is very good... but I guess I expected a much smoother Android app experience. Too bad there is nothing configurable with respect to the Android translation layer.
    02-26-15 11:38 AM
    So I have since shut down my device a few times... and I've tried reinstalling the apps. Here's the thing: some Android apps seem to run okay (albeuit with longer load times than before). Certain apps that ran okay before are now extremely choppy to the point that they are unusable. Perhaps some applications are more likely to exhibit problems than others.

For me the update was smooth and everythng else is very good... but I guess I expected a much smoother Android app experience. Too bad there is nothing configurable with respect to the Android translation layer.
    Which ones are unusable? I'll try it on my end and see.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:58 AM
    One app that worked okay before that is now virtually unusable is GSN Solitaire.
    02-27-15 07:31 AM