I have been thinking of getting the z30 as an upgrade for the z10 for almost a month now. Picked up one today,, and without a doubt , the best BB phone to date. Super fast, amazing battery life.. great call quality and built quality is very good. Feels very professional phone and the screen size is excellent and feels great in the hands. Without a question, an excellent upgrade.
    And an amazing antenna. I m replying to thispost from a location that with my previous two phones, I could not get data or cell reception. I have both with the Z30. 3 bars and 4g data.

Posted via CB10
    ArsenG likes this.
    11-10-13 08:43 PM
    And what do you know, next there WILL be a Z50!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    11-19-13 08:04 AM
    Hi!
    I'm using a Z10 at the moment. I love this phone! But when I've heard about the new possibilities of the Z30, I think this would be my first choice. I speak of USB otg - the possibility to attach USB devices like keyboard, mouse and pen drives direct to your phone. Look at this video for a demo...

This is awesome isn't it?

Andi

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 08:44 AM
    Hi!
    I'm using a Z10 at the moment. I love this phone! But when I've heard about the new possibilities of the Z30, I think this would be my first choice. I speak of USB otg - the possibility to attach USB devices like keyboard, mouse and pen drives direct to your phone. Look at this video for a demo...

This is awesome isn't it?

Andi

Posted via CB10

I thought that was a functionality added by OS update, not hardware, correct me if I am wrong.
    11-19-13 10:25 AM
    I thought that was a functionality added by OS update, not hardware, correct me if I am wrong.
    It's both. You need both 10.2 and a Z30 to use USB host, although I've never seen 10.1 for Z30. It might exist in a recycle bin somewhere in BB HQ, as I've seen 10.0 for Q10, but the most relevant part is the hardware inside the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:32 AM
    If I had the money I probably would.
    The battery life is the biggest difference for me. Everything else is as good when it comes to the os. The z10 is a great device but it does suffer from this issue.

Regarding hardware you still have a few nice things like the antenna, speakers and the upgradeable storage. Something Google doesn't seem interested in.would have love to see a camera update with the next gen smartphones from BlackBerry.

Shame about the non removable battery but it makes up for it with long lasting battery lofe. Even with the removable back plate, I wonder how easy it is to remove the battery for a new one if you find the battery is no longer holding enough charge.
    I have been using the Mungen 3800 mAH and battery life on my Z10 is no longer an issue. I really like the Z30 and am considering getting one. Awesome phone. But the biggest draw for me with it was the battery. But now with my Z10 I'm getting better battery life than I could on the Z30, so it removed one if my biggest reasons for making the switch.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 11:03 AM
    I have been using the Mungen 3800 mAH and battery life on my Z10 is no longer an issue. I really like the Z30 and am considering getting one. Awesome phone. But the biggest draw for me with it was the battery. But now with my Z10 I'm getting better battery life than I could on the Z30, so it removed one if my biggest reasons for making the switch.
    Don't find that added bulkiness bothersome? I always loved the shape of Z10, slimness and the feeling of it. My only concern was that it was too narrow for my large hands, so I figured Z30 would be just perfect, but then it is not being released in USA by GSM carriers, so I am planning to settle for Z10, once again...
    11-19-13 11:49 AM
    Don't find that added bulkiness bothersome? I always loved the shape of Z10, slimness and the feeling of it. My only concern was that it was too narrow for my large hands, so I figured Z30 would be just perfect, but then it is not being released in USA by GSM carriers, so I am planning to settle for Z10, once again...
    At first I did but as I've been getting used to it it really hasn't been bothering me and I'm very picky when it comes to phones. The added battery life is really a joy. More than makes up for the added bulk.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 12:18 PM
    I have had my Z10 since April and I LOVE it, but when launch day for the Z30 came the temptation was too great for me and I ordered one online for next day delivery. In all honesty, I was planning to return it. I just wanted to see what all the hype was about. But now, you couldn't pry it from my hands.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 01:02 PM
    It's a good move as far people who just need a bigger screen , but I guess they should have launched with better specs . Anyways it's a good phone although .
    11-19-13 01:06 PM
    I've been trying for a month to sell my Z10. I'm down to 250 now.... I did sell my media player so that is 80 towards the Z30 since the 30 can take its place...
    Is he talking about a Walkman ipod kind of thing here?
    Tks for educating me.

--

My z10, on contract (subsidized $15/month) cd be resold. Hassle.

Buying the z30 at $600 sounds like a steal.

But then unlocking the z10 and the z30 (and I've no experience with unlocking), paying the buyout cost of the subsidized z10, adding in local taxes, and suddenly all told it'll cost me more than $1100.

Add a case or holster and it is certainly more than $1100. Sure, I have this $. But I'm considering my options. I've made a lot of money by waiting, too.

If I sold my z10, I would have to pay $$ equal to the z10's resale value, to remove it from my monthly carrier bill, and replace it with another phone like the z30.

So, if my situation is like others, then getting z30 devices to sell well might require some fancy swap work. Apple does this sometimes. I wish BlackBerry employees had the option to do the grunt work for some of the CB community's best complainers and evaluators. I'd like for you all to cooperate with me and begin asking for free swapwork support. That and a few freebies, and we'll see a number of new z30 owners all very happy.

I'm willing to pay money too. But it's a lot of hassle selling unlocking and transferring data, when you have Never Done It Before.
    11-19-13 01:49 PM
    Is he talking about a Walkman ipod kind of thing here?
    Tks for educating me.

--

My z10, on contract (subsidized $15/month) cd be resold. Hassle.

Buying the z30 at $600 sounds like a steal.

But then unlocking the z10 and the z30 (and I've no experience with unlocking), paying the buyout cost of the subsidized z10, adding in local taxes, and suddenly all told it'll cost me more than $1100.

Add a case or holster and it is certainly more than $1100. Sure, I have this $. But I'm considering my options. I've made a lot of money by waiting, too.

If I sold my z10, I would have to pay $$ equal to the z10's resale value, to remove it from my monthly carrier bill, and replace it with another phone like the z30.

So, if my situation is like others, then getting z30 devices to sell well might require some fancy swap work. Apple does this sometimes. I wish BlackBerry employees had the option to do the grunt work for some of the CB community's best complainers and evaluators. I'd like for you all to cooperate with me and begin asking for free swapwork support. That and a few freebies, and we'll see a number of new z30 owners all very happy.

I'm willing to pay money too. But it's a lot of hassle selling unlocking and transferring data, when you have Never Done It Before.
    Talking about one that hooks up to your hdtv that you can stream wirelessly to from your pc.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 01:55 PM
    Pretty much everyone that has upgraded from the Z10 to the Z30 will say that it was worth it. From a psychological standpoint, someone will always justify their choices in order to feel good about what they did.

Cheers!
    I absolutely love the premium feel of the Z30 over the plastic backed white Z10 I once owned, and it feels great!

I absolutely love the all day battery life over the carrying a spare batt/charger over my Z10, and it feels great!

I absolutely love the stereo speakers of my Z30 over the tinny sound mono speaker of the Z10, and it feels great!

I absolutely love the new paratek antenna feature that results in fewer low signal dropped calls, and it feels great!

I absolutely love the bigger and more accurate keyboard the bigger screen on the Z30 provides, and it feels great!

I absolutely love the snappier response of my Z30 over my Z10, and it feels great!

I absolutely love the larger screen real estate over my Z10, and it feels great!

I absolutely love the envious looks of iPhone owners staring at me using my large screened device over their pathetically sized 4" screen, and it feels great!

I absolutely love how more people are noticing the Z30 in my hands, when they hardly noticed when I was using the Z10, and it feels great!

You must be right, it must be purely psychological :lol: ever since I got my Z30, I've never felt this good before, and it feels great! Everybody should buy one.

Cheers!
    Last edited by sandman10; 11-19-13 at 07:49 PM.
    Spawn12 and menaknow like this.
    11-19-13 07:11 PM
    You must be right, it must be purely psychological :lol: ever since I got my Z30, I've never felt this good before, and it feels great! Everybody should buy one.

Cheers!
    Except us poor souls in USA with AT&T who won't get proper service even with unlocked device from Canada.
    11-19-13 07:12 PM
    Can you handle the Z30 with one hand? Can you reach every corner with your thumb? I think I'll also buy a Z30 when it's available here in Austria.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:01 AM
    Does both devices support Miracast?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:02 AM
    One hand: yes
    Reach every corner with one thumb: no
    Found Shops in Austria with Z30 in stock: 7 in ~20 seconds

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 06:31 AM
    I changed from my z10 to the z30 over the weekend and as much as I loved my z10, the z30 is much better for me.

Only complaint I have about the z30 is that the screen isn't as sharp as the z10 but I've got used it to it.

I love the size and weight of it, and it just feels nice in my hands. Keyboard is an improvement size wise as I found with the z10 I kept hitting the wrong keys.

Just ordered some screen protectors for the z30 and picked up a leather pouch last night for it. Has the sleep magnet in and is a very nice case.

Only thing I would suggest is go play with one if u can find one and then decide if it's for u. The z30 won't suit everyone.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 07:43 AM
    Can you handle the Z30 with one hand? Can you reach every corner with your thumb? I think I'll also buy a Z30 when it's available here in Austria.

Posted via CB10
    I can and my hands aren't exactly big. I can just about reach every corner of the phone with my thumb but it's a bit of a stretch to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 07:45 AM
    Thanks for answers about one hand usage.

What about Miracast?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 09:25 AM
    Miracast yes. It's in all the threads about the Z30. Read more in other threads.
    11-20-13 10:22 AM
    I just switched my Z10 over to Z30 yesterday. Leaked OS 10.2.1.1055 immediately. Side loaded all my faves and then some. LOVE IT!! Z10 was perfectly capable and a great phone too. Honestly it will come down to preference. I prefer the larger screen and external sound is great. It's zipper but the Z10 was zippy too! If you have the money switch, you'll love it. If you want to wait it out a bit and are happy with the Z10, no harm no foul.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 03:46 PM
    I would like to move to Z30..I will have to change from AT&T To Verizon...let's see if I get a deal on Unlocked Z30

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:41 PM
    In addition to what has been already said (I switched from Z10 to Z30 last night) about sound, keyboard and screen size, live streaming of TV channels, soccer games, hockey is significantly improved over z10 due to better antenna and faster processor. I could not get good reception of my 5GHz WLAN through two floors in my house on Z10. It works perfectly with Z30.
    Live streaming is the toughest app. Requires great RF chip and antenna performance as well as fast processor.
    I would not switch back to Z10 because of that, although I think it has better looks than the Z30.
    As someone said today Z10 looks like an iPhone, Z30 looks like a Samsung phone (cheap exterior design). But I buy the phone for performance not for looks.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 07:52 PM
    I did the switch from the 10 to the 30 and don't regret it one bit. Got 250 out of my 10 so I didn't take such a big hit. I couldn't go back to the 10 now... so happy with the 30. if you can afford it do it! You won't regret it. Jmho

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 09:38 PM
77 1234