If you like your Z10, then you'll probably like the Z30. The only question is whether or not you want a bigger phone and whether or not in your mind it's worth paying the $600 price tag.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    11-09-13 11:00 AM
    I just upgraded. I had to order from Canada to get it here in the USA. I love it. I am thrilled about picking the Z30. If you want it make sure you are comfortable with the cost to upgrade and go for it. There will ALWAYS be another have to upgrade coming, so its just a matter of when you want to upgrade. The screen is so much bigger, but the size is not that much different from the Z10. Typing on it for me is a world different.

Just flat out LOVE it!
    11-09-13 11:11 AM
    I did that and i'm so glad I did. A bigger screen is worth it, plus it seems to me at least that it's faster. And it feels really nice to hold in my hands

Posted from my Z30.
    11-09-13 11:14 AM
    Like most have stated the upgrade to a Z30 is well worth it. It does everything better and the battery life is fabulous. My Z10 is now my backup mobile

Go for the upgrade you will absolutely love it!

Posted from my gorgeous Z30
    11-09-13 12:43 PM
    Pretty much everyone that has upgraded from the Z10 to the Z30 will say that it was worth it. From a psychological standpoint, someone will always justify their choices in order to feel good about what they did. Even if the decision meant doing something that wasn't due to a need but more to a want, and even if that decision cost hundreds of extra dollars, someone will always rationalize what they did to feel safe and comfortable with their choices.

I still use my Z10 because it does everything I need it to, and because the Z30 to me is a want rather than a need. If one keeps upgrading every time something new comes out every few months, then that person will likely never be happy with what they already got.

The Z10 works, it's a great phone. But if you got disposable income and actually NEED the Z30 because you actually can't survive without it and lose sleep at night because of not having it, then by all means go get it. The Z30 will also get old one day, and we'll be having the exact same discussions when a Z50 or whatever comes out.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    howards likes this.
    11-09-13 03:00 PM
    @Conbrio25. Your points are all so valid too. Just earlier today the same thing crossed my mind. New phones are launching every few months on average and one has to wonder where does it really stop. I can remember a while back when it was the same thing in the PC industry for me. Always wanting more just to say you have it but no real need for it. I'm hoping that my crave will stop at the Z30 for a while at least. The bigger screen is really serving me well and 5" is about the limit for pocketability.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 03:28 PM
    Pretty much everyone that has upgraded from the Z10 to the Z30 will say that it was worth it. From a psychological standpoint, someone will always justify their choices in order to feel good about what they did. Even if the decision meant doing something that wasn't due to a need but more to a want, and even if that decision cost hundreds of extra dollars, someone will always rationalize what they did to feel safe and comfortable with their choices.

I still use my Z10 because it does everything I need it to, and because the Z30 to me is a want rather than a need. If one keeps upgrading every time something new comes out every few months, then that person will likely never be happy with what they already got.

The Z10 works, it's a great phone. But if you got disposable income and actually NEED the Z30 because you actually can't survive without it and lose sleep at night because of not having it, then by all means go get it. The Z30 will also get old one day, and we'll be having the exact same discussions when a Z50 or whatever comes out.

Cheers!

You seem to think that "pretty much everyone" are so impulsive and out of touch with their own needs that they need to justify their choices, after the fact. Where do you get the license to classify everyone with whatever label you chose? Could it be that you yourself compulsively make bad choices and need to justify them? Maybe that is why you feel others do. You are disingenuous.
    habs_fan and Pdinos3 like this.
    11-09-13 04:14 PM
    I can't wait to ditch my new z30 for the z50. Or whatever the next version will be

Posted via CB10
    howards likes this.
    11-09-13 05:10 PM
    I can't wait to ditch my new z30 for the z50. Or whatever the next version will be

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha. Maybe another 7 months

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:13 PM
    I did, Z30 is by far a whole new and better experience, you will be very happy, the only thing you have to be aware is for the new size, for me is still pocketable and one handed
    11-09-13 05:23 PM
    I looked at the Z30 yesterday and what made me not trade in my Z10 was the screen. I like my bright screen better. I am going to wait until the next batch of new devices. Other than that the Z30 is nice.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 (Telus)
    11-09-13 05:36 PM
    I've been trying for a month to sell my Z10. I'm down to 250 now.... I did sell my media player so that is 80 towards the Z30 since the 30 can take its place... it's driving me crazy but cant justify forking out 600 and tax without at least selling my Z10 first....

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:41 PM
    You seem to think that "pretty much everyone" are so impulsive and out of touch with their own needs that they need to justify their choices, after the fact. Where do you get the license to classify everyone with whatever label you chose? Could it be that you yourself compulsively make bad choices and need to justify them? Maybe that is why you feel others do. You are disingenuous.
    Thanks for the reply. No compulsive bad choices here. Even if someone classifies something as a "good" choice, like getting a new phone, new car, whatever, they will always justify that choice to make themselves feel good about that decision. It happens all the time.

11-09-13 05:44 PM
    I just made the move and happy with my decision so far. I really wanted longer battery life and got it. The bigger screen and sound are bonuses. I really like the dark theme too.

Posted via my kickass Z30
    11-09-13 05:55 PM
    If I had the money I probably would.
    The battery life is the biggest difference for me. Everything else is as good when it comes to the os. The z10 is a great device but it does suffer from this issue.

Regarding hardware you still have a few nice things like the antenna, speakers and the upgradeable storage. Something Google doesn't seem interested in.would have love to see a camera update with the next gen smartphones from BlackBerry.

Shame about the non removable battery but it makes up for it with long lasting battery lofe. Even with the removable back plate, I wonder how easy it is to remove the battery for a new one if you find the battery is no longer holding enough charge.
    11-09-13 05:55 PM
    I've been trying for a month to sell my Z10. I'm down to 250 now.... I did sell my media player so that is 80 towards the Z30 since the 30 can take its place... it's driving me crazy but cant justify forking out 600 and tax without at least selling my Z10 first....

Posted via CB10
    Find a friend who works at BlackBerry and get it cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 07:11 PM
    yes...I upgraded from my Z10 to Z30 and I'm quite satisfied.
    11-09-13 07:22 PM
    I have upgraded from a Z10 to a Z30 and there is a world of difference. The bigger screen, better battery life, lack of reboot requirements, fast operation makes the Z30 a great choice. It's too bad that the Z30 wasn't introduced first.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 08:08 PM
    I looked at the Z30 yesterday and what made me not trade in my Z10 was the screen. I like my bright screen better. I am going to wait until the next batch of new devices. Other than that the Z30 is nice.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 (Telus)
    In the next software upgrade, there is going to be a white balance slider and which is going to make whites "whiter" and I am sure this in turn is going to brighten the screen slightly as well. I have read this in several places, in case you wanted to know
    11-09-13 09:03 PM
    I haven't had the pleasure of using a Z30 but according to the battery life that would be enough for me to switch.. I put down my Z10 as my active phone and went from an average of one whole day of battery life. to my iPhone 5 having to have it on the charger every chance i get. that 2800 mAh battery is like gold in my eyes. if it was available to AT&T i would sell my iPhone 5 and my Z10 and snatch it up ASAP
    11-09-13 09:12 PM

Cheers!

Seriously? Can't afford the upgrade?
    11-09-13 09:14 PM
    I don't want to start another thread on this as I too am thinking about the Z30. A friend of mine as one and loves it. However, at least one of his Z10 apps doesn't work on the Z30. (the NFL app I think). Are there other apps that don't work?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 09:19 PM
    It might take time for some to be available on the z30. It could be the dev needs to make it work for 10.2 or maybe the different screen. Real Racing 3 wasn't available when the z30 was first released. It is now on both now.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 09:32 PM
    Here is my input, from a former Z10 user..
    When I picked up Z10 back in (march/april I believe, whenever it was released on T-Mobile) I thought "what a great device, BB is really doing great and it is in great direction"
    My only wish was "nice device, but it's too narrow for my big hands to type on this virtual keyboard, I wish it was just a bit wider, it would make it very comfortable to hold and type with two hands" I returned the device due to BES incompatibility and coverage/speed problems along with phone randomly sending calls to voice mail..

And then I heard about Z30, my dream had come true, but then smashed again into pieces by US GSM carriers not releasing it, not even planning to release it, despite the fact that we saw AT*T banded ones all over youtube.

So yeah, I think it would be a good move, just for the larger screen, battery and new OS alone.
    I want a Z30 so much, I have a coworker who will be traveling to Canada, I am asking them to pick one up for me from locals up there, because I am not paying $700 in USA for it..
    11-09-13 11:13 PM
    I have been thinking of getting the z30 as an upgrade for the z10 for almost a month now. Picked up one today,, and without a doubt , the best BB phone to date. Super fast, amazing battery life.. great call quality and built quality is very good. Feels very professional phone and the screen size is excellent and feels great in the hands. Without a question, an excellent upgrade.
    11-10-13 08:13 PM
77 1234