I switched from a Z10 to the Best Smartphone currently available. (Z30)
    Battery-reception-web browser-Hub-Keyboard-DLNA-aptX Bluetooth-Voice text messages with uconnect-why are people not buying this phone?-
    04-16-14 05:52 PM
    because it is too complicated to learn all the hidden secret
    04-16-14 09:07 PM
    because it is too complicated to learn all the hidden secret
    I disagree, maybe a better wording would be, "they don't care/want to learn it"
    Remember when the iPhone came out, while it was intuitive, you still had a learning curve because it was so different of what we where accustomed to.
    Samsung (android) is still a bit of a mystery, and also is no walk in the park either.
    It's completely different and new, so of course there is a learning curve

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A likes this.
    04-17-14 12:04 PM
    I disagree, maybe a better wording would be, "they don't care/want to learn it"
    Remember when the iPhone came out, while it was intuitive, you still had a learning curve because it was so different of what we where accustomed to.
    Samsung (android) is still a bit of a mystery, and also is no walk in the park either.
    It's completely different and new, so of course there is a learning curve

Posted via CB10
    Lol...I posted that there just for the fun of it..

Off course every phone has a learning curve to it.
    04-17-14 12:08 PM
    There's a Z30 at my local trade in shop for about �200, used but in great condition...very tempted by this as a band new one is near double that...and to be fair, this is just for a few months until possibly another new device comes out...

Nothing wrong with my Z10 but just want a change...something slicker.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 04:06 PM
    Why are all my posts coming up with HTML coding!?!?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 04:07 PM
    I jumped up to a Z30 from a Z10 today, got one off kijiji for $285. Will take a bit to get used to the larger screen, but it is way easier to type on which was my main buying point. Can't comment on battery life but seems good so far. Back cover is real difficult to get off. Great build quality, trying to find a decent case and I'll be set.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 05:33 PM
    How long does your battery charge from 0% to 100%?
    04-18-14 12:28 AM
    Should be around 2.5 hrs

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 12:51 AM
    Thanks. What is the power output of the charger? is it 5V 1.0a? or 850mah?
    04-18-14 01:12 AM
    Agree with all the posts from the OP, I switched a few weeks ago from the Z10 to the Z30... all in all an amazing phone with only a few minor issues (for me):

1. Not all apps for the z10 are available for the z30
    2. Why the 850 charger? This phone needs a better in-the-box charger, one that charges faster... it seems the charger of the Z10 charges it faster than its own charger... Of course the PlayBook charger beats both :-)
    3. Technically nothing to do with them phone itself, but I find the BlackBerry transform case for the Z10 beter than the one for the z30, for example the corners are beter suited to put down the phone face down in the z10 version

That's all folks...

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 06:49 AM
    OP (or anyone else who switched), I'm sure the upgrade was great and I'm thinking about doing the same thing, but how easy is the actual transition?

Will I have a new PIN? Will this affect logging in to my BBM Channel? Will the apps I have still be available to download? Did you find that BlackBerry Link freaked out or was it simple to add another phone? And so on.

Sorry I'm such a n00b.

via Z10
    04-18-14 07:08 AM
    I'm planning of upgrading from a Q5 to this Z30. Does it also have ambient light sensor which goes dim when in low light and goes bright when outdoors? the one in the Q10 (which i sold for the Q5) had a really bad dimming effect compared to the Q5. I hope the ambient light of this Z30 isn't as bad as the Q10 (which had a lot of complaints for the screen getting really dark in low light).
    04-18-14 10:02 AM
    I'm planning of upgrading from a Q5 to this Z30. Does it also have ambient light sensor which goes dim when in low light and goes bright when outdoors? the one in the Q10 (which i sold for the Q5) had a really bad dimming effect compared to the Q5. I hope the ambient light of this Z30 isn't as bad as the Q10 (which had a lot of complaints for the screen getting really dark in low light).
    Can't help with that one. It's the first thing I always turn off as I don't like my screen constantly changing because a shadow or something made it appear dimmer.
    04-18-14 10:37 AM
    I just switched two phones last night: black Z30-->white Z30 (for me) and Z10-->Z30 (for lady friend) using Link Device Switch. Here is what I learned:

• This is the MOST IMPORTANT thing to note, the new phone must be on the same or newer OS version or the transfer will not work. That is, you can't go from a newer to an older OS.
    • If you use encryption on the old phone, turn it off and wait for it to decrypt.
    • If you have a password, remove it to make things easier.
    • Any apps not installed from BlackBerry World will not transfer. Be prepared to reinstall Snap and any APKs you installed.
    • You will need to reenter your account passwords.
    • The Bluetooth devices did not transfer.

Otherwise, it worked very well.
    Yup exactly what is said here, I made the mistake of not checking OS's end I ended up having to start all over.......STILL worth it though

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 10:40 AM
    Can't help with that one. It's the first thing I always turn off as I don't like my screen constantly changing because a shadow or something made it appear dimmer.
    Is there an option to turn off the auto-brightness in the z30? there isn't that feature in the Q10, Z10 or Q5..
    04-18-14 11:01 AM
    There is no option to control auto-dim and, as far as I can tell, there is no auto-dim at all. It wouldn't matter to me because I have mine turned all the way down accept in bright sunlight where I have it turned all the way up.
    There is a auto dim. You just won't notice. Unless you cover the sensor and force it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-18-14 11:15 AM
    OP-good review of your switch. I have been thinking of upgrading from a Z10 to a Z30 but have been unsure. Not sure it is worth the $500+ to upgrade or just wait for a newer device late this year or early next. Can you give examples of what apps are missing from the 10 to the 30? I am not a big app person but there are some I couldn't live without. Thanks again for the good review.
    04-18-14 02:37 PM
    OP-good review of your switch. I have been thinking of upgrading from a Z10 to a Z30 but have been unsure. Not sure it is worth the $500+ to upgrade or just wait for a newer device late this year or early next. Can you give examples of what apps are missing from the 10 to the 30? I am not a big app person but there are some I couldn't live without. Thanks again for the good review.
    I couldn't really point of all the apps, most I've noticed are games, mass effect ,dead space and a few others, but most apps if not all are still there (most stuff I've noticed is missing was all gaming, which is a shame since you have a faster graphics processor, bigger battery and screen) .
    If you think you love the Z10 the screen of the Z30 will blow you away and make it incredibly difficult to go back to a Z10 size.
    The mighty iPhone looks like a cheap toy compared to the Z30

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 03:18 PM
44 12