04-21-15 11:11 AM
69 123
tools
    Had my Z10 since day one of its release and had it ever since.
    The hardware is great and the camera is really good. But short battery life is making me hold back on using my device like I wish I could.
    I never play games for example. Or disable power saving mode or even use 3G most of the time I stick to 2G... you get the point...

So is a Z30 my savior or should I hold out for the next big thing?
    Tell me what you think of the device with emphasis on the battery part of the story, please.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 01:41 PM
    I just ordered a Z30 simply because of the battery. I should get it by Wednesday

I have decided I will use it until a better full touch screen is released by 

Posted Via CB10 From My Z10 Running On OS10.3.2.281
    04-13-15 01:51 PM
    The bigger battery and better radio antenna on the Z30 will certainly help you get more use for your phone. Just be aware that one hand operation with the Z30 is next to impossible for me. You may have to adjust the way you operate the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 02:06 PM
    I just received the Z30 an hour ago. Bought it for my wife as her Samsung is driving her, and thus me, nuts. I and two of my kids have Z10's. Now there is a family squabble as everyone wants the larger screen and better battery. If the 3 - Z10's, that are 2 years old, were not working so well I would be tempted to buy 3 more Z30 to keep the peace.

At the Crackberry $250 price this is a no brainer.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 02:18 PM
    The z30 has me plugging in after 18 hours of use with 40-50% battery left most days. I'm not a super heavy user but I do browse a lot and read emails. Not a big gamer. Graphics intensive games can suck battery but definitely light years above the z10. I don't have big hands but I can use the z30 one handed. Typed this whole post that way. I say get it. My kids and my mom are all using z10. One of them was mine before I got my z30. Excellent phone.

Posted via CB10
    potatoguy likes this.
    04-13-15 02:24 PM
    Omg 250$??!
    It was only released here in Egypt a while ago and it goes for the equivalent of 500$...
    I'll be waiting for your reviews of the battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 02:27 PM
    Just got a z30 to replace my z10. It depends so much on your signal strength. I have basically double the battery life of my z10. Used to get 7 hours at work (traveling on the road) , now close to 14 hours. At home on WiFi I could get 20 hours on my z10, now close to 2 days on the z30.

It is a long reach but the screen is worth it. Hopefully it lasts, cuz no removable battery but at the same time a lot less cycles. I haven't gone back yet

I would wait for a deal though, they are coming

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 02:48 PM
    I recently switched from a Q5 to a Z30, while the 30 is a great phone the only thing that I find a drawback is the portability. I like to keep phones in my front breast pocket and go about my business with the larger phone it tends to want to launch itself out. Guess I'll have to get deeper pockets, haha!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 03:00 PM
    My Z30 lasted about a day and a half with average usage. I love it and it's a night and day difference from the Z10 performance wise. One handed usage isn't terribly bad and that's coming from someone with small hands (Asian). For $200 on Amazon you can't go wrong. The only device is hold out for is the slider, but that's me. If I were still using my Z10 full time I'd spend the $200.

Alas, I'm an iPhone daily driver now and least for the foreseeable future. That's simply because I strongly question the direction of BlackBerry right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-13-15 03:15 PM
    Get the Z30, its not going to be available easily much longer. Battery life - awesome. If it had a current gen AMOLED display I'd keep it another two years.
    04-13-15 03:19 PM
    I just did this move from z10 to z30. So far enjoying it overall but my only real complaint is that it's a stretch to text one handed. Can definitely be done but not as effortless as the z10. It's also noticeably heavier.

That said, better speakers, reception, and battery life are worth it IMO.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 04:46 PM
    The battery lasts me a day and 14 hrs...

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    04-13-15 04:51 PM
    I took the free upgrade to a Z30 2 weeks ago; I was wondering whether to hold out for the new slider but anticipated that would cost money I don't have to burn. Main benefit is the battery, that was the killer on the Z10. Other than that, everything is slightly better, I like the bigger size; and it was obviously a seamless transition. It is everything the Z10 should have been.
    04-13-15 04:55 PM
    The Z30 is without a doubt a beaut. I've had mines for several weeks now after my Z10 crashed back in January, but there are several things I dislike about the Z30. Personally, the phone is about 0.4" too big for me. Something a tad bigger than the Z10 would have been my ideal size. Secondly, the brightness on the screen is not good enough for me. Sometimes when I want it to be dimmed, the lowest available setting is not low enough, and the vice versa where I would want it to be brighter but the brightest setting is not bright enough. The Z30 is better in the aspect that the battery life is superb and the speakers are outstanding.

* I'm just here crying in my cozy corner waiting for BlackBerry to release a new all touch flagship *

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 05:18 PM
    Z30 is a way better phone in my eyes. Get that
    04-13-15 06:56 PM
    The hardware is great and the camera is really good. But short battery life is making me hold back on using my device like I wish I could.
    I never play games for example. Or disable power saving mode or even use 3G most of the time I stick to 2G... you get the point...

Tell me what you think of the device with emphasis on the battery part of the story, please.

Posted via CB10
    If you don't want a slider, get the z30. Don't think too hard about it. I love the phone and it should easily take me into next year and i had it since it came out here. I love the battery life and it just works. Does everything i need it to do awesomely.
    04-13-15 07:15 PM
    I was in the same boat in Nov...couldn't decide if I wanted to go from my Z10 to Z30 or hold out for a new all-touch. I decided to try and I am very very happy I did. Love everything about the Z30.
    04-13-15 07:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    I dont see why anyone would want to replace a Z30 unless you want a keyboard. Is that good enough?
    04-13-15 07:28 PM
    I recently switched to a Z30 from my Z10. Don't regret the change at all. battery last 24+ hours and i loose no functionality at all.

Cheers
    04-13-15 08:07 PM
    I switched to a Z30 from Shop BlackBerry From my Z10 that I had since the US launch. The battery life was killing me on the Z10 even though I have the accessory charger w/extra battery. Since my AT&T contract was up and I was going to move to a prepaid plan where I wouldn't be financing a new phone, I picked up a new unlocked Z30 from Shop BB.

I love the Z30. The battery life is a HUGE upgrade over the Z10 and the Z30 looks and feels like a premium device. My hands are medium-sized and the change in screen size hasn't been a problem at all. Also, no problem with size as far as pocket use either. If Shop BlackBerry has another deal on the Z30 I would highly recommend it. You won't be sorry.

 Living the life, posting via BB Z30 
    04-13-15 09:29 PM
    I got a Z10 from AT&T from day one it was offered at the store.
    Love the phone, still have it and use it for new leak OS's BUT, you are right about the battery life... it's nothing to right home about!
    Got a Z30 last year during their Thanksgiving "fire sale" ($250 or so) and I couldn't be happier.

Great speed, battery life, screen size, etc... you name it! - Go for it! you'll love it
    04-13-15 09:34 PM
    Z30 is simply the best. Smart choice!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 04:22 AM
    The Z30 is a beautiful device to work with, and the battery life is great!

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    04-14-15 04:59 AM
    I bought a Z30 last Nov when they were on sale, have no regrets!
    1 handed use took a bit of getting used to, but have it mastered now.
    Battery life is so much better than Z10.
    Don't think you will regret buying the Z30.
    04-14-15 05:07 AM
    It's not slow by any means...you won't be disappointed.
    Battery is never an issue.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    04-14-15 05:18 AM
69 123