Hi,

Wanting to re-activate a long-time not used Z-30 for the wife, I now find myself having lost the PassWord documentation and reached 5 wrong answers on a possible 10 chances to properly answer PW when wanting to change anything. Properly receives past registered E-mails and presently everything else on the Z-30 is working, as long as it doesn't require to supply a PW. Anything I can do to change this or should I just forget about using the Z-30, from what it can presently do and use it as a burner phone?

Any help is deeply appreciated,
    Rarsen
    12-31-20 11:13 AM
    Hi,

Wanting to re-activate a long-time not used Z-30 for the wife, I now find myself having lost the PassWord documentation and reached 5 wrong answers on a possible 10 chances to properly answer PW when wanting to change anything. Properly receives past registered E-mails and presently everything else on the Z-30 is working, as long as it doesn't require to supply a PW. Anything I can do to change this or should I just forget about using the Z-30, from what it can presently do and use it as a burner phone?

Any help is deeply appreciated,
    Rarsen
    You're talking about your BBID password, or your device password?
    12-31-20 11:53 AM
    Hi conite, required password is for BBID only, with no device password.
    12-31-20 11:57 AM
    Hi conite, required password is for BBID only, with no device password.
    You can continue to use the device as-is, but without access to BBM, BlackBerry World or BlackBerry Protect.

Although you can reset the lost password online if you still have access to the original email you used when you set it up.
    12-31-20 12:12 PM
    Sorry but unable to find original Z-30 documentation. Was planning to replace the wife's Z-10 (which she loves even with just the basics) with the Z-30 which is a bit bigger, but with a longer lasting battery and personally believe to be a better handset. Or could I transfer the BBID from the Z-10 to the Z-30 and then retire the Z-10? Maybe not because different serial numbers, etc? As for me my daily drive is the KEY2 with occasional use of the PP (wife doesn't care for this model).
    12-31-20 01:25 PM
    Sorry but unable to find original Z-30 documentation. Was planning to replace the wife's Z-10 (which she loves even with just the basics) with the Z-30 which is a bit bigger, but with a longer lasting battery and personally believe to be a better handset. Or could I transfer the BBID from the Z-10 to the Z-30 and then retire the Z-10? Maybe not because different serial numbers, etc? As for me my daily drive is the KEY2 with occasional use of the PP (wife doesn't care for this model).
    You still have to know the BBID for the Z30 in order to disable BlackBerry Protect, which is a prerequisite for setting it up with a new BBID.
    12-31-20 01:42 PM
    If you can remember or reset the BBID information using the BBID website https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...coverpassword/

Then you can "Switch" your wife from the Z10 to the Z30 with no problem.... If LINK works for you, it would be really simple.

If you can't remember or reset it... then you'll need to start over (just no access to any paid apps in BBW), and no using LINK to restore everything.

But if she likes a SLAB.... there are so many current options out there.
    12-31-20 01:48 PM
    If you can remember or reset the BBID information using the BBID website https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...coverpassword/

Then you can "Switch" your wife from the Z10 to the Z30 with no problem.... If LINK works for you, it would be really simple.

If you can't remember or reset it... then you'll need to start over (just no access to any paid apps in BBW), and no using LINK to restore everything.

But if she likes a SLAB.... there are so many current options out there.
    You can't "start over" without remembering the BBID.
    12-31-20 01:49 PM
    Hi guys I know the BBID for the Z-30 (confirmed in the Settings) but not the PW that was with it. So what is the verdict?
    12-31-20 02:07 PM
    Hi guys I know the BBID for the Z-30 (confirmed in the Settings) but not the PW that was with it. So what is the verdict?
    That's what we've been telling you. You can recover the password online.

It will send the info to whatever email you gave them when you set up the BBID in the first place, so that is the only caveat - it would still have to be active.
    12-31-20 02:14 PM
    And I rush back to work, end of Year stuff.

You are real gentlemen, my thanks and a Happy New Year, hoping for a quick vaccine and return to more normal times.
    12-31-20 02:27 PM
    And I rush back to work, end of Year stuff.

You are real gentlemen, my thanks and a Happy New Year, hoping for a quick vaccine and return to more normal times.
    Here's to a better 2021!
    12-31-20 02:44 PM
    Problem solved gentlemen, many thanks for your valuable expertise. And now with a BB Z-30 with extended life until early 2022. Will have the wife switch soon from her Z-10 to Z-30, before she changes her mind as women can do. Enjoy the Holidays and hoping for a quick vaccine.
    01-01-21 08:32 PM