My note 3 doesn't lag.

sent from my galaxy note 3
    My GS4 lags heavy when I load contacts for the first time at the day, and sometimes when I go to the camera, I like the phone but with those specs and the price I paid for it, it shouldnt happen, btw I turned off all the gimmicks.
    cribble2k likes this.
    11-29-13 07:29 AM
    blackberry hardware with android os and bb10 as a skin would be the perfect combination.
    11-29-13 08:09 AM
    That would be stupid in my opinion. There is much more to BB10 then apps, I much prefer the BB10 UI, and don't care much about customization.
    Most consumers don't share your view. I happen to but at the end of the day if BlackBerry stuck to a Q10 type design that ran Android OS they'd sell a lot of phones. They'd be no different to HTC, Samsung etc, except that if you want a solid keyboard go for BlackBerry instead.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 08:22 AM
    All bb10 needs is Google services

Sent from my Z30
    I agree. Now that we have 10.2.1.1055. My Q10 is the best Blackberry I have ever had. Just need the google services, apps designed to run headless, and the ability to have keyboard shortcuts to open some apps. (Speed dial for home screen works great!)
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    11-29-13 08:43 AM
    Android sucks. BB10 def best mobile OS out there.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 08:57 AM
    I agree that the Android runtime must be able to run as many as possible Android apps, but contained in a BlackBerry environment. BlackBerry is not Android and should never be. They have too much to offer as BlackBerry. As far as the Google services: I don't think that will ever be possible (and as far as I'm concerned, if you are that desperate for the full Google experience, get yourself a Nexus).
    sme of us that want google service cant afford another device. I hate it when people say that type of stuff. Are you going to buy me a nexus?
    11-29-13 09:14 AM
    broke down and got galaxy note 8: infinitely better than PB, and flahs actually works better than PB, hasn't crashed once, kindle way better, TYPING way better, fillinf online forms easier, apps I need much better, AND THAT PROCESSOR!, I could go on and on ....now I may think of going note 3 for phone once my contract is up .... hate it but experience, on tablet ata least, exponentially better,,, hate to give up my 9900, but ......
    11-29-13 09:14 AM
    Hello,

I've been an avid BB lover for a few years. I've since owned a Android based device. Being that the Android Marketplace is so open to developers and the UI is very developed wouldn't it make sense for BB to switch? It would be a deal breaker for me to switch back to BB. I understand already that you can load android apps on BB but that seems like a pain.

Anyone's opinions???
    I have both the Z10 and Note2. The Z10 is superior in many ways. The Note2 is a fine device but suffers from what many Android devices suffer from. Multiple front ends, redundant interfaces. Many folks found the Nexus4 a relief from that experience. Its also an issue with Android as it always has been with Apple, each "update" actually bogs down older devices. Ever hear that happening with BB10? No, no, you never have. I could live without the Note2, but not the Z10. Just my 2 cents.
    Kimberella likes this.
    11-29-13 09:36 AM
    I "love" threads starting: I am BlackBerry fan for almost bilion years but...

All starts same..

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 09:39 AM
    Hello,

I've been an avid BB lover for a few years. I've since owned a Android based device. Being that the Android Marketplace is so open to developers and the UI is very developed wouldn't it make sense for BB to switch? It would be a deal breaker for me to switch back to BB. I understand already that you can load android apps on BB but that seems like a pain.

Anyone's opinions???
    Then what would BlackBerry have to offer?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 09:43 AM
    All BB needs is to be BB. BB be yourself. If you want Android get an Android. If you want an ipone get an Ipone. (yes, miss spelled). I want aBB, so I bought a BB. ppl buy want you want not something you don't.
    m1kr0 and Bsbudd like this.
    11-29-13 09:46 AM
    sme of us that want google service cant afford another device. I hate it when people say that type of stuff. Are you going to buy me a nexus?
    The Moto X is also available and if I'm not mistaken, now priced in the same range as the Z10.
    11-29-13 09:49 AM
    If blackberry went android i would be sad and not buy them I would go Microsoft or apple.

I really like that they made their own OS (for a second time actually)

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    11-29-13 09:56 AM
    If you want Android, then just get an Android phone. I see no benefit in a BlackBerry branded Android device. BB hardware gets crushed by top Android device makers and it would send BB to an even faster grave. Keeping BB on QNX offers a completely different set if tools while offering some Android benefits.

Hello,

Anyone's opinions???
    11-29-13 11:08 AM
    No, just no....
    11-29-13 11:17 AM
    I think the only reason that BB would have gone with Android, would simply be for the apps. There is WAY more to BB10 than what apps are available. In my opinion, BB10 is a far more superior OS than android. The user experience in BB10 is much better, and I absolutely do find that I get more things done on my Z30, due to the way they designed the OS. I have many apps running on my Z30, including Netflix, Instagram, Skype etc... BB world is slowly getting more and more apps, and I honestly do not feel that I'm missing any apps. I have everything I need. Anything else would just be toys I'd use once, and delete a few weeks later. So if BB went the Android way, I think it would have been a huge mistake. BB10, to me, is the best OS on the market. Hands down. I for one, am very happy they did not use Android. If they had, I'd be typing this from....cough cough....an ipho....damn, I can't even say it!

Thank you Blackberry for BB10 and my Z30!!!!!!!
    11-29-13 11:35 AM
    No

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 11:35 AM
    Wouldn't it be better if KFC sold pizzas.

And if God became an atheist like everyone else?

And if Barack Obama was white,

And of course BlackBerry ran A.?

What did McEnroe used to say???
    Kimberella likes this.
    11-29-13 12:04 PM
    People are buying BB10 for the OS.
    There should be no reason for someone to get a BB and expecting for it to work like an Android, or having Android OS for that matters. It's just dumb.
    Running Android apps on BB10 is just for filling in the app gap.

If you prefer Android OS, might as well buy a Samsung, HTC, or a Google device for that matter. Those phones have better specs than BB10 phones, and cheaper too.
    11-29-13 12:14 PM
    Hello,

Anyone's opinions???
    If you go with Android completely, you lose the strength of BB10.

My guess is you have NOT tried BB10 as your daily driver before so does not appreciate BB10's strength.
    11-29-13 12:34 PM
    My note 3 doesn't lag.

sent from my galaxy note 3
    Note 3 is the most powerfull device samsung makes, proven by the benchmarks... but stil, isn't as smooth and quick as, lets say a iOS...
    If you start to move very quickly between apps, widgets, running background apps and stuff, all androids start to see some lag despite the so much loved "specs"... Great customizability, not the best performance...

And by the way, the Note 3 isn't a phone, is a freaking TV that can send text and calls...
    11-29-13 12:40 PM
    Hello,

Anyone's opinions???
    In a word.....No.

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    11-29-13 01:07 PM
    Some years ago, I had a Nextel Blackberry for a while. Moved on to iOS, and when android became significantly cheaper to it. I'm now migrating back to the Blackberry OS - a clean break with a 9330 phone and a playbook.

Frankly, I'm tried of having to root every android device I come across wiith the added risk of bricking it just to end up with something which has reasonable battery life and doesn't have a hundred different things spying on everything I do.

I think that Blackberry has taken the right course. A little late to the touch screen interface, and some buggy rollouts but they did right in not adopting the android OS.
    11-29-13 02:19 PM
    just curious , what was your purpose in rooting?
    11-29-13 02:34 PM
    just curious , what was your purpose in rooting?
    Can't speak for him, but mine was customization and to use power tools like Tasker.

Weirdly enough, while I prefer to have as many stable OSes out there, the current runtime makes BB10 more attractive to me, since I can now tinker a bit more.

I still want BB10 to exist in its own right though...
    m1kr0 likes this.
    11-29-13 02:54 PM
109 1234 ...