The z10 was launched with 10.0. This was a terrible mistake. It was buggy, lacked a lot of functionality, the battery life was horrific and the phone kept restarting itself several times a day... by the time they released 10.1, the damage was done.

Now BlackBerry needs to relaunch the platform. They need to make the z30 available on at least two more U.S. Carriers and they need to spend on advertising and pay incentives to the sales people at the carriers store. At least have a competition per store. Give prizes to the top salesman per store. Something to inventivize sales.

Posted via CB10
    They won't do it, sorry. That would make the second "re launch" in a year. Dead in the water.
    12-15-13 10:49 PM
    really?. BlackBerry will still be around 5 years from now even if it's not in the consumers business. They are the leader in mobile security, MDM, and Infotainment embedded systems QNX. There is no real BES10 security without a BlackBerry headset.

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    I'm sure they'll still be around in some form but nobody's going to care. I'd say they'll be leaving the handset business within a year. This doesn't make the Z30 a worse device but eventually, App World will be discontinued and that's it then for 99% of the users. Would I buy a Z30 at full retail price? probably, if that price came down a bit. Would I commit to a two-year contract? No way.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    12-16-13 01:58 AM
    The z10 was launched with 10.0. This was a terrible mistake. It was buggy, lacked a lot of functionality, the battery life was horrific and the phone kept restarting itself several times a day... by the time they released 10.1, the damage was done.

Now BlackBerry needs to relaunch the platform. They need to make the z30 available on at least two more U.S. Carriers and they need to spend on advertising and pay incentives to the sales people at the carriers store. At least have a competition per store. Give prizes to the top salesman per store. Something to inventivize sales.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think advertising is going to do much good at this point - with all the negative media coverage, it's just rubbing it in. What they should do is pay Instagram, Feedly etc. to release native clients, much like Microsoft is doing. At the same time they should roll out updates quickly. Once the OS is completely stable and the most important apps are here, they should start advertising those apps on BB 10.x heavily. Also, production should be moved to China (not that I would like that, but it's a necessity) and lower the prices by 30%.

12-16-13 02:06 AM
    I'm sure they'll still be around in some form but nobody's going to care. I'd say they'll be leaving the handset business within a year. This doesn't make the Z30 a worse device but eventually, App World will be discontinued and that's it then for 99% of the users. Would I buy a Z30 at full retail price? probably, if that price came down a bit. Would I commit to a two-year contract? No way.

No facts just purely your opinion. I've been watching people in this forum and on other sites say BlackBerry will be dead for the last 4.5 years, heck I used to be one of them. They aren't going anywhere sorry to brust your little bubble.

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    12-16-13 10:26 AM
    No facts just purely your opinion. I've been watching people in this forum and on other sites say BlackBerry will be dead for the last 4.5 years, heck I used to be one of them. They aren't going anywhere sorry to brust your little bubble.

Here are some numbers for you: http://bgr.com/2013/12/16/blackberry...llion-dollars/

800 million of the 1bn cash injection are already gone in less than three months. If this continues (and there's no indication that it won't), they'll be bankrupt before Easter).

12-16-13 01:00 PM
    Here are some numbers for you: BlackBerry projected loss: $800 million in just one quarter | BGR

800 million of the 1bn cash injection are already gone in less than three months. If this continues (and there's no indication that it won't), they'll be bankrupt before Easter).

There's no indication that it will.
    12-16-13 07:37 PM
    There's no indication that it will.
    you can't restructure a company in 3 weeks. If they really burned through 800 million dollars in less than 3 months, they're in a very dire situation.
    12-16-13 11:02 PM
    Here are some numbers for you: http://bgr.com/2013/12/16/blackberry...llion-dollars/

I comment on that article, it's a fact less analysis with no proof to back up his claims. And what does it matter if BlackBerry spends 800,000 million. Samsung spends 14 billion in advertising in 1 year. Companies have to spend money to make money. I know because I own one.

12-17-13 12:23 AM
    you can't restructure a company in 3 weeks. If they really burned through 800 million dollars in less than 3 months, they're in a very dire situation.
    Don't believe everything you read, especially from bgr, the mist anti-blackberry site out there.

12-17-13 12:24 AM
109 ... 345