I dunno about you guys, but I live in Dubai, and the Customer Support I got after my PlayBook died was pretty sweet. I called the BlackBerry Support toll free number and I'm pretty sure it redirected to the U.S. They escalated my issue, which led to me sending them the device itself. It was a smooth process overall. No complaints with the support.

Posted via CB10 from my (amazing) Z30.
    I'm not sure how the customer service has change since. I do know I myself and quite a few others who had issues with our playbooks received one of the best customer service by any retail standard. Again, perhaps time has change after the slashing and lay off.
    07-10-14 05:42 PM
    Good luck. They're the worst.

I got a Z30 form Shop BlackBerry and it died like five weeks after I got it... battery wouldn't charge and then it died.

It took BlackBerry and their RMA team exactly ONE MONTH to get me a new one! I had to call every few days to check up and get on them, and finally it was MY suggestion to just send me a new device, because how on Earth was it worth their time to continue to try and try to repair my Z30 when they can just give me a new one and be done with me?

I gave them the lowest possible rating in their satisfaction survey, and they called today to get some more information. I politely told the person that I was pretty disgusted by it all (though I was nice to him because it wasn't his fault). More importantly, I told him I hoped my experience was just a fluke, because I love the company and their phones and I know that people aren't as loyal as I am and this would have definitely been enough to drive people away from BlackBerry forever.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 02:47 AM
    I must say I have had a good experience with Blackberry customer service. I have bought around 8 z30's this year and have ended up selling everyone of them to friends and clients after I have shown them how great OS10 and the z30 is.

This has lead to issues with me exceeding my PIN change count in Blackberry World and I have had to have it reset a couple of times.

I simply called Blackberry's customer service, talked to someone in the software IT department and they reset my PIN count and I back in business.

The one major issue I have is the support on the Blackberry website is terrible. I took me an hour of jumping through several pages and links just to find the phone numbers.

This is one area that's needs a major overhaul in my opinion. In this day of expensive electronics and huge competition, web based customer service is key to any companies success. Just my two cents.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    07-11-14 04:23 AM
    BlackBerry warranty in the UK seems to be non-existent. I bought a Z10 SIM-free in September 2013. It was hard-bricked 10 months later, after numerous reboot problems and battery-fit issues. The retailer gave me an unlisted number for BlackBerry customer service, which I phoned. Their representative told me he could only discuss warranty issues if my warranty status was validated by being conferenced-into the call by the retailer. Good luck in getting most retailers to do that.
    Expansys agreed, to their credit, suggesting they would call me back to save my phone bill. They did, and I was on hold for 30 minutes, after which the Expansys customer service guy apologised for BlackBerry's shortcomings, saying that he was unable to get any sense out of them. He then agreed that the retailer would send the handset to their own repair agents, shortly after which I received a completely new Z10.
    Consider carefully where you buy any BlackBerry device. They will not honour your warranty, so make sure that the retailer will.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 07:44 PM
    This is the polar opposite of what happened with me

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=945380

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 09:17 PM
    Is not the retailer that sells the phone responsible for providing a working device to their customers?
    07-23-14 09:41 AM
    Technically, it's not broken, it's blue jean dye. But you know that. LoL

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-31-14 08:41 AM
    Huh?? I was talking about the post that stated they bought a phone from a retailer that had several reboot issues and battery fit issues. The poster seemed to praise the retailer that passed off garbage goods to their customer and then passed the buck by passing off their customer off on BlackBerry...or perhaps I misunderstood...
    08-05-14 07:16 PM
    Attachment 283972

That's my back cover, on the upper right small scratch barely visible and I find it perfectly normal no phone is perfect. The back cover is not dirty it just can't be cleaned. My usage...my z30 is always alone in my pocket and in clean jeans or pants...I just want a clean device man I regret buying the white one clean on the screen side and dirty on battery door !

Posted via CB10
    Typically white plastic covers can stain with dye from jeans and yes will not come off. I ruined a great suede puma sneakers with new jeans and the dye will not and cannot come off.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 08:04 PM
    OP, I think your claim/position regarding your cover not still being clean enough looking is ignorant and absurd.

Regarding your experience in attempting to reach BlackBerry customer service, it is definitely a frustrating experience, and indicative of the poor online experience that is Digital River. BlackBerry has made the worst decision ever in continuing to partner with such an inept, deceitful, and unprofessional excuse for an online retailer. The website/email fiasco also shows how little BlackBerry has learned about keeping loyal customers happy and connected. Shame on you BlackBerry. (LOVE my white Z30, purchased from ShopBlackberry.com, but hated the shopping / shipping / fulfillment experience)

In closing, OP: buy a new back cover, and put a clear skin on it (skinomi?). Too much blaming others for our mistakes in this world.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    Agreed! This is not a device warranty issue. Thus has occurred from not keeping the device clean or in contact with your device. Example: you purchase a new pair of contacts, and somehow you got paint on your hands which stained your new contact lenses? Is that a manufacturers defect! Nope its not!

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-05-14 08:07 PM
    There are pros and cons to both metal and plastic, not one is a perfect choice for a device, it can be BB, Apple, Samsung, doesn't matter. Replace it, cover it, you're making a big deal out of something you can easily fix yourself or prevent for that matter. No sympathies here I see from the replies.
    08-06-14 08:27 AM
36 12