Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I have a new Z30. From amazon apps store installed battery info apps and it show my battery capacity is only 1750mAh(full charge) but this original battery should be 2880mAh.
    Is quite normal?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Wonder the Z30's battery capacity. Only 1750mAh-img_20151231_102005_-1474746715.jpg  
    12-31-15 02:20 AM
    Hey mien742 and welcome to the CrackBerry community !

What's the app are you using ?
    Also,
    - I'd guess that monitoring anything related to battery while your device is USB plugged is weird; is that a PC app ?
    - Do you use henuine BlackBerry (wall) charger ?

Have a great 2015 last day !
    SF
    12-31-15 02:38 AM
    Thanks for welcoming.
    The app name is Battery Saver(version 2.2) from amazon store.

12-31-15 04:20 AM
    Thanks for welcoming.
    The app name is Battery Saver(version 2.2) from amazon store.

Always thought this is a scam apps. Anyway, check your Device Monitor app pre-installed on a device, it shows an actual information.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, DaFoxGrey and thedose like this.
    12-31-15 04:23 AM
    Hey mien742 and welcome to the CrackBerry community !

What's the app are you using ?
    Also,
    - I'd guess that monitoring anything related to battery while your device is USB plugged is weird; is that a PC app ?
    - Do you use henuine BlackBerry (wall) charger ?
    Yes, device was plugged to usb charger to pc.
    And no, I don't use bb own charger. Because I tought that any usb micro charger is complete.

12-31-15 04:23 AM
    Confirms what I'd thought.
    Not all chargers will fit and these forums are full of "help, my device is nuked / won't charge" from users having their batteries empty and trying desperately to charge them back with another brand charger. While many will fit, some of them won't.
    As gugomat mentionned, rely on BlackBerry's Device Monitor after you charged your device in full and unplugged it; you should see real values. (plus the app you use is Android, not native, and may wrongly interpret device/battery type).

So, all is fine, don't worry !
    DaFoxGrey, thedose and kbz1960 like this.
    12-31-15 04:33 AM
    Yes the battery is 2880mah. You can take the back off the phone and look for yourself.

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    12-31-15 03:30 PM
    I'm curious how the app could read the battery capacity. I imagine that there's a model lookup table and its not detection Z30 as valid model.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 03:56 PM
    Why would OP be using a different charger if BlackBerry provided a charger specifically for the Z30? OP deserves to be canned not using common sense.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    12-31-15 10:26 PM
    I'm not using the Z30 specific charger. I haven't used that small BB cube in well over a year on either my Z10 or most recently acquired Z30. The only thing I use is the stock PB charger.

Posted from my smashed screen Z30
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-31-15 11:03 PM
    Charging from an USB port of a PC is fine, it's just slow.

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    12-31-15 11:35 PM
    As long as charger is able to supply the rated volts and amps which corresponds to the stated requirement of the Phone, it hardly matters if it is genuine charger or not (that said i do not mean cheap unbranded chargers are okay).
    Almost always the problem are usb cables. I have learned its the hard way after my Passport charger was fried.
    Bottom line is as long as USB cable is marked as 24 awg/28awg you should be fine. 24 American wire gauge is for mains and 28 for data. substandard or old usb cables are poorly rated/thinner mains wire because they weren't required to push more than 500Amh
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-01-16 01:30 AM
    I'm not using the Z30 specific charger. I haven't used that small BB cube in well over a year on either my Z10 or most recently acquired Z30. The only thing I use is the stock PB charger.
    Posted from my smashed screen Z30
    PB (PlayBook, yellow plug) charger is great.
    It's BlackBerry genuine so you're safe with any BlackBerry device (been using it from my 9900 to my Priv).
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-01-16 at 06:20 AM.
    01-01-16 05:54 AM
    As long as charger is able to supply the rated volts and amps which corresponds to the stated requirement of the Phone, it hardly matters if it is genuine charger or not (that said i do not mean cheap unbranded chargers are okay).
    Almost always the problem are usb cables. I have learned its the hard way after my Passport charger was fried.
    Bottom line is as long as USB cable is marked as 24 awg/28awg you should be fine. 24 American wire gauge is for mains and 28 for data. substandard or old usb cables are poorly rated/thinner mains wire because they weren't required to push more than 500Amh
    You're probably right. But most of the times - and unfortunately, USB cable is sealed for costs and reliability/safety reasons. I've been using a large variety of BlackBerry and non BlackBerry chargers (up to 2A) with success, still many users I helped/met with charging issue reported they were using non genuine ones and reverting to genuine healed what they thought was a nuked device, just like that

Happy, safe and prosperous new year to all and yours !
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-01-16 05:59 AM
    I get you and I am equally baffled or surprised how Genuine chargers/USB cables are able to shake hands with Blackberries and meet them like long lost friends. (Some sort of identification must be in the chargers; recognised by Blackberry device I believe).
    But almost always it is the 'rating' of USB cable that matters. I can only put it in retrospect that my old curve days USB cables (which I loved for being thicker, soft and more pliable) killed even a 2.1 maH charger simply by having thinner main core i.e 28 awg (thinner the main core, higher resistance to current flow = less charge and higher charging time.)
    Playbook charger USB by default is running 20awg mains core wire that is the reason Playbook charger with 1.8 Mah charges this 'quick'. Interestingly Playbook chargers came before 2.1 chargers quick charge and fast charge became norm recently.
    Most of new age chargers rated at 2.1 Mah are mated to USB cables running 20 or 24 awg rated mains core because they are required to push higher amp. Sadly none of the Companies who make quick chargers or 2.1 Mah chargers educate customers about this or think it is a trivial matter. Even online it is rare for any USB supplier to mark or specifically cover this information.
    I went through splicing around 6 old cables and tried combinations before I had to settle with a higher rated charger and use only the supplied USB that came with charger. Needless to say even that USb didn't carry the information I weaned from on-line pages but I do know why it charges faster.
    If anyone interested here is what I gone through to get reasonable charging time on my Passport. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rging-1054905/
    01-01-16 12:32 PM