If in fact the Z30 has wireless charging and omitted in its feature list when it was announced shows how far off BlackBerry is in the game. Show a white demo model but not listed in available colors how is this good marketing? I understand certain features for different markets but in all this time since the tech world including BlackBerry laughed at Apple and Jobs when the first iPhone was introduced with the cheesy presentations and the "just one more thing " did BlackBerry not learn a damn thing! Maybe if they are going private the people responsible for a continued blunders will be replaced.
    I love my Z10. Will buy a Z30 really hope it has wireless charging and comes in white on the Telus network. Oh and one more thing - you don't have to keep hitting the stupid home button to get anywhere!

Posted via CB10
    lcgoldman and PatrickMJS like this.
    09-23-13 10:55 PM
    You can't have that both ways;

If the Z30 had been announced with wireless charging and you then find out after buying one that the feature is only available from one specific carrier in one country that is not where you live (think Z10 STL100-1 vs. STL100-2/3/4), you would be-rightfully-more disappointed and annoyed that the feature advertised to you, which will be part of your purchasing decision, is not really available.

Spec sheets do not cover every detail of a device, and on global launch I don't see why country and carrier specific features would be announced at all. (Wireless charging was mentioned as a carrier specific, and I would guess variant/submodel specific feature.)

IMO, as a consumer, it's better to be pleasantly surprised by a feature that wasn't advertised than unpleasantly surprised that an advertised feature isn't there at all.

Now outside of this, I am not in any way defending a sub par marketing effort surrounding the entire fleet of BB10 devices, at least in the US)
    09-23-13 11:14 PM
    Strange but I wonder why is that feature Carrier-locked too? as per Verizon's statement
    09-24-13 12:33 AM
    i was also disappointed finding out it is not given...
    09-24-13 01:04 AM
    i thought OP was going to explaining about wireless charging on Z30...

hmm... any info about it? i'm going to purchase one soon.
    09-24-13 01:09 AM
    All that is public known is this:

BlackBerry has *not* released any specs. stating the current Z30 is capable of doing so.
    A "Z30" devices is listes as beeing compatible with QI was listed on Products - Wireless Power Consortium - it's currently *not* listed anymore.

You can make some guesses:
    - The Z30 is prepared for wireless charging, but it requires some more work to be released
    - BlackBerry is looking into wireless charging for either an unreleased version of the Z30 or another device (and they just named it Z30 to hide whatever name it is going to get)
    - The removal from the listing could also mean they dropped the plans again and the listing as accidential for a prototype device.

Lots of room for speculation, but right now I would set my mind for "No wireless charging".
    09-24-13 03:05 AM
    Strange but I wonder why is that feature Carrier-locked too? as per Verizon's statement
    It isn't carrier locked. Verizon Z30 is thicker... leading up to a hardware difference.

Trusted Member Genius
    09-24-13 03:15 AM
    Wireless charging info for the Z30?-img_00000189.png

Posted via White Z10
    FR33MAN likes this.
    09-24-13 05:13 AM
    The one feature that would get me to buy one and its not available . A charging stand with usb for my Z10 is is a step back to my storm2 after my 9900s stand .well I guess it matches their retro low specs on their phones.

Posted via Z10
    09-24-13 10:33 AM
    i thought OP was going to explaining about wireless charging on Z30...

hmm... any info about it? i'm going to purchase one soon.
    So did I. Lol

BlackBerry Z...my weapon of choice.
    09-24-13 02:20 PM