Can anyone recommend a Qi wireless charger adapter that will fit the micro usb on the side of the Z30, and fit inside an otterbox case? Most of the ones I've seen are designed for phones where the usb connector is on the bottom of the phone.
    01-03-17 08:14 AM
    Why not just get the STA100-3 Verizon variant? It has Qi charging.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-850736/
    01-03-17 10:24 AM
    I'm in the UK, and we don't get those over here. I've had my z30 for about 3 yrs, and I'm trying to do it on a budget.

I just got my wife an adapter and mat for her iPhone 5, and was impressed with it. Also my USB is getting a bit chewed up as time goes on.
    01-03-17 10:30 AM
    Something like this might be re-purposed to fit:
    https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Char...UvbUpU12717967
    The USB port side and orientation does match what a Z30 has and the measurements given would put in just under the camera/flash lens.
    I don't know if you could still stuff it all in an Otterbox.

But, of course, obligatory warning: With the aftermarket QI antenna attached, you wont be able to use the USB port for anything else. So syncing or file transfers will have to be done over WiFi/cell network/blue tooth.
    01-03-17 11:07 AM
    That looks like the type of thing I had in mind. Good that they specify exactly which way round it's to go too. I found the same one on amazon over here, and its currently on sale! I think it'll fit inside my case ok, the only thing I'm not sure of is that the case is about 4mm thick, and they say that they recommend taking any case off before charging (which would be a pain).
    01-03-17 11:33 AM
    That looks like the type of thing I had in mind. Good that they specify exactly which way round it's to go too. I found the same one on amazon over here, and its currently on sale! I think it'll fit inside my case ok, the only thing I'm not sure of is that the case is about 4mm thick, and they say that they recommend taking any case off before charging (which would be a pain).
    I can't say anything about that QI antenna or whatever QI charger stand/pad you may get/use, however....
    On my Z30 STA100-3 Verizon model with a built in QI system and using a TYLTvu QI charger stand, I can pull the phone a bit over 4mm off the stand charging surface and it still activates the charger and shows charge receiving on the Z30.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-03-17 12:40 PM
    Thanks, that's useful to know. I think I might just have to buy one of the adapters and try it out.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    01-03-17 03:35 PM
    As my cousin said, definitely get a strong charger to go through the case. The Verizon original ones are weak. Amzer makes one that's decent, but I'm not sure it's good enough for this application.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    01-03-17 05:39 PM
    One of the features of the TYLTvu is it has three charge coils, so it allows for better alignment and the ability to charge in different positions and through gaps/cases so it appears.
    No need to wiggle the phone around to find the "sweet spot" for the antenna to line up with the charge coil, plus it doubles as a desk or night stand top stand, so you can use the phone or have it as your bed side clock/alarm while it's on charge.
    If you are interested:
    Vu Wireless Charger
    There are cheaper versions and knock-offs out there that still function as good, just check Amazon or such.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-03-17 06:00 PM
    As my cousin said, definitely get a strong charger to go through the case. The Verizon original ones are weak. Amzer makes one that's decent, but I'm not sure it's good enough for this application.

BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-03-17 06:09 PM
    Thanks for the recommendation. Just had a quick search, and it weeks they're available from Amazon over here too, so that's good.
    01-03-17 06:25 PM

LoL, in the zoo indeed!

I love it
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    01-03-17 07:39 PM
    Quick update - I bought the charger mentioned above:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...UvbUpU12724828
    and with this charger:
    the phone charges even with the Otter case still on, and doesn't even seem to get overly warm. I'm going to buy another charger as the coils on the one we've got at the moment are too lo, and I have to put the phone in landscape orientation to get it to work. I'm going to try this one, which has moveable coils:
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    01-09-17 08:26 AM
    Any update to whether the new one works better, pretty curious myself
    01-15-17 12:12 AM
    Any update to whether the new one works better, pretty curious myself
    The new one was useless. Moved the phone all over the cradle, but couldn't get it to charge. I think the key difference is that the first one had three coils, and this one must have just had two. Anyway it went back to Amazon, and I've now got one of these (which is a three coil):
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M3NOYW...UvbUpU12731154

You have to put the area where the adapter is on the phone, over the centre of the pad (so it hangs over the edge of the mat slightly), but it charges ok. I leave it charging all night, and its done in the morning.
    01-15-17 06:05 AM
    I would suggest the square one too. Mine has a big Q printed on it and looks the same. I also bought a rectangular one which works alright as well. Don't buy the circular ones. They are useless. As for the receiver, I readjusted the usb connector one mine and inserted under the Z30 cover without the need for a case. I had made a YouTube video a while back in case anyone is interested. Look for z30 aftermarket qi.
    01-24-17 09:46 AM
    I already had the case on mine, but it sounds like a good idea if you don't have, or want one.
    01-24-17 10:03 AM
    Hi, this device for wireless charging, could it be fitted inside the blackberry z30 back cover or it would remain attached out side the phone it self?

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z30
    06-09-18 01:52 AM
    It's very thin, but I don't think it would go inside the cover. Fits behind my otterbox cover nicely though.
    06-09-18 08:25 AM