Hi all,

I know this question has been asked, but I thought I would make a post for those wondering rather than searching for particular posts.

The Telus Z30 (STA100-5) works with Wind Mobile fully after unlocking.

So I was able to unlock my z30.

I used quickphoneunlock.com for my code ($20 US), and there was a small hiccup, but I have listed details below.

It seems that quickphoneunlock.com has people manually enter the codes that they send in emails. In my case the code was off by 2 digits (reversed numbers).
    They were helpful in trying to resolve. And ultimately did resolve the issue. Besides this hiccup, i would recommend them, as they supplied the original code within 2 hours.

Cheers,

j.
    djdnz, spiculated and Korepab like this.
    10-22-13 11:16 AM
    I've been waiting for Wind to release the phone, I'm not so sure they will but I remain hopeful... I wasn't too keen on paying 600 for it. Thanks for letting us know it works though.
    10-22-13 12:28 PM
    Does the 4g work properly?
    10-22-13 02:36 PM
    Works perfect. Seems faster than z10, but guess that is just my own guesstimate.
    10-22-13 05:42 PM
    Nice, tks for the update!
    10-22-13 08:25 PM
    Hi all,

I know this question has been asked, but I thought I would make a post for those wondering rather than searching for particular posts.

The Telus Z30 (STA100-5) works with Wind Mobile fully after unlocking.

So I was able to unlock my z30.

I used quickphoneunlock.com for my code ($20 US), and there was a small hiccup, but I have listed details below.

It seems that quickphoneunlock.com has people manually enter the codes that they send in emails. In my case the code was off by 2 digits (reversed numbers).
    They were helpful in trying to resolve. And ultimately did resolve the issue. Besides this hiccup, i would recommend them, as they supplied the original code within 2 hours.

Cheers,

j.
    Thanks, because of your experience with quickphoneunlock.com I've used their service and order was quickly processed, took about 1.5 hours.
    10-22-13 08:52 PM
    Thanks man!
    10-23-13 06:56 AM
    Ya, wish wind would get the phone. I am thinking about getting one for my personal use as my employer has given up on bb. Here is what wind sent me in reply to the question..

Thank you for contacting WIND. I understand you want to know if the Blackberry Z30 will be available with the WIND Mobile service.

At this moment I cannot confirm if WIND will be carrying that device or if it will be compatible with our service. If a phone is going to be available for purchase through WIND, you will see an official online announcement or at our retail locations. Right now WIND is not carrying the iPhone

What I can tell you is that phones which are AWS compatible and which work on the 1700 Mhz and 2100 Mhz bands (both of them, not one or the other) should be able to work on the WIND network. �If you purchase any phone with functionality stated above, please be aware that service is not guaranteed and the device may need to be unlocked to work on our network.

Z10, 10.2.0.1725
    10-24-13 06:33 PM
    How is the signal? I just posted in the Z10 forum yesterday about how much better the Wind signal is on my Fido Z10 (STL-100-1) compared to the same SIM in the Samsung phones (Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus) provided by Wind themselves. And by better I mean full bars 4G rather than no signal at all where I work, on the outskirts of Ottawa.

I expect the antenna in the Z30 should be even better than the Z10, and if the Z10 is any indication, BlackBerry phones could do a lot to help Wind's reputation of having poor signal.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    10-24-13 09:03 PM
    How is the signal? I just posted in the Z10 forum yesterday about how much better the Wind signal is on my Fido Z10 (STL-100-1) compared to the same SIM in the Samsung phones (Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus) provided by Wind themselves. And by better I mean full bars 4G rather than no signal at all where I work, on the outskirts of Ottawa.

I expect the antenna in the Z30 should be even better than the Z10, and if the Z10 is any indication, BlackBerry phones could do a lot to help Wind's reputation of having poor signal.

Wow, I didn't realize the Fido Z10 worked with Wind. Good to know

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 11:23 PM
    I was told it wouldn't, but tried anyways out of curiosity.

Also I just realized my phone is an STL-100-3, not a 100-1. I'm tired and confused.

spiculated likes this.
    10-25-13 01:32 AM
    BlackBerry devices would certainly help Wind mobile's reputation for having lesser coverage levels, but I wasn't aware it was a difference of no coverage vs. full coverage. Interesting find, that's for certain. Makes me think of unlocking mine just to have the option available to me.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    10-25-13 11:42 AM