Does anyone have any scoop on whether Verizon will offer the Z30 again anytime soon for free w/contract? Did I imagine it or did they offer that briefly awhile back? I was focused on the Q10 but now that I have it and have keyboard issues I think I will go to the Z30 next. Don't want to give up my unlimited data but I might for a free Z as I have one upgrade available.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk
    05-28-14 07:13 PM
    When I wanted a Z30 on VZW they didn't even have any. I had to order online. I never remember them offering it for free.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-28-14 08:14 PM
    Cheapest was $99 on a two year contract for a very brief time.
    Carl Estes and kbz1960 like this.
    05-28-14 08:29 PM
    If you don't have to absolutely upgrade through Verizon, consider taking a look at amazon.com as well. They have the Z30 on renewal for $90 right now. Not $0, but better than $200. Their prices are generally lower than carriers' prices because they make money on the contracts. But, if you do end up wanting to renew through them, make sure you read their ETF/cancellation policies, because such commission based sellers have stricter policies to offset the loss of income when/if you cancel.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-28-14 08:37 PM
    Use promo code FIFTYSAV for a $50 discount at checkout.
    05-28-14 10:15 PM
    Thanks, everyone! I think I do remember now that it was $99, not free at one time...

05-28-14 10:39 PM
    Have you considered to buy a used one? There are many out there. I'm in the same boat with the unlimited data plan. I have both the Z30 and q10. I want to get rid of one of them so in forced to use the other. I love both of them equal. If I sell the Q, great. I'd I sell the Z great.

I love the Z's screen realty, but I also love the Q's keyboard. So many tough decisions.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 10:49 PM
    For Father day most phones go on sell.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 10:51 PM
    I really doubt anyone's selling a used, working Z30 for $100-200...
    05-28-14 10:52 PM
    Have you ever thought there are people out there that might want to pay a little extra on their device to save their unlimited data plan? In the long run, you will be saving money. I, myself did it and will continue to do it until I'm forced to pay for data as I have done the numbers and I will save money in the long run. To each's own

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-28-14 11:07 PM
    Have you ever thought there are people out there that might want to pay a little extra on their device to save their unlimited data plan? In the long run, you will be saving money. I, myself did it and will continue to do it until I'm forced to pay for data as I have done the numbers and I will save money in the long run. To each's own
    Except that's not what the OP is looking to do: "w/contract"
    05-29-14 12:09 AM
    Except that's not what the OP is looking to do: "w/contract"
    ...and the OP also mentioned that he/she didn't want to lose the unlimited data plan. And by doing so, is which I suggested to by a used phone from a reliable source.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-29-14 07:54 AM
    If you do buy outright (to keep Unlimited Data Plan, which I did!, and you WILL want with this handset, what the Playbook should have been) make sure you get the Model STA100-3. It's the Verizon branded model, and it is the only version that supports wireless charging (which is sweet, and saves the data/charging port for data transfers only.) The Nokia DT-900 for 40 bucks on Amyzon is a real good wireless charger, except for the "wall wart" is Apple white......sigh.......

c
    05-29-14 09:14 AM
    I just checked on the Verizon site and it is $99 today...it was just $199 last night!

Posted via CrackBerry App
    kbz1960 and Carl Estes like this.
    05-29-14 01:23 PM
    I just checked on the Verizon site and it is $99 today...it was just $199 last night!

That's what I paid thru amazon.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-29-14 01:25 PM
    Thanks for the replies/ideas! I do want to keep my unlimited data...Verizon has tried all kinds of things to get me to give it up. A free Z30 might be the only thing that could sway me...haha. I may just wait though or see if I can buy one used. I am just trying to responsible and curb my toy spending

kbz1960 likes this.
    05-29-14 01:27 PM
    Okay...I caved...haha. This is what I did, and Verizon told me about a new data offer that I didn't even know about until I called. They have this new plan called "data max" and it's for people like me who are not wanting to lose their data plan or go to the "share everything plan". It's $30 a month for 6gb. And honestly I don't need more than 6 in a month so this is great because my monthly bill will not go up and i will have plenty of data. Right now I am paying $30 for unlimited so unless I go over it will be about the same. And I can be more careful about using wifi when possible too. And I am getting my Z30 for $99.99...and that will be billed to my account so I don't even have to pay yet. So I think I am pretty happy with this deal!

05-29-14 03:03 PM
    Okay...I caved...haha. This is what I did, and Verizon told me about a new data offer that I didn't even know about until I called. They have this new plan called "data max" and it's for people like me who are not wanting to lose their data plan or go to the "share everything plan". It's $30 a month for 6gb. And honestly I don't need more than 6 in a month so this is great because my monthly bill will not go up and i will have plenty of data. Right now I am paying $30 for unlimited so unless I go over it will be about the same. And I can be more careful about using wifi when possible too. And I am getting my Z30 for $99.99...and that will be billed to my account so I don't even have to pay yet. So I think I am pretty happy with this deal!

That's a reasonable offer. I'm in the same boat as you. How many talk minutes and text messages did you have before you signed the new plan? And how many do you have with the new plan?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 04:45 PM
    Well, we have a family plan with 4 phones...we have 1400 minutes for the month but we don't even come close to using that! And we talk a lot and don't have a landline. Nights and weekends are free of course. Other Verizon customers are free of course. Then at the 1400 minute plan you get the "friends and family" feature where you can choose 10 numbers (any carrier, businesses, whatever) that you call frequently and all of those numbers are all free/unlimited too. So we talk a lot but never even get up to 400 minutes. Texting is all unlimited. If you do call them, ask for the "max" data plan - this is the first I was told about it as I am sure they are trying to sell the Share Everything plan. I think this is a plan for people like me who didn't want to budge...haha. They got me, but I am happy with it as I get my Z and won't be paying any more than I was. They kept me as a customer by offering this!

05-29-14 05:04 PM
    Forgot to say...this was my plan before and the plan will stay the same...the only thing that changed was my data going from unlimited to 6gb. Same price. Much less expensive for my family than their Share Everything plan!

05-29-14 05:07 PM
    Forgot to say...this was my plan before and the plan will stay the same...the only thing that changed was my data going from unlimited to 6gb. Same price. Much less expensive for my family than their Share Everything plan!

Ok thanks for the reply. I have the same plan as you did, but with only 2 phones. The 6GB data you have now is shared or each phone gets 6GB and you have to pay 30.m for each phone? Reason I'm asking is I only use about 4GB of shared data a month and paying 30.00 a month on each line. The Edge program doesn't attract me or neither does the Share Everything. In other words, I would be paying about the same as I do now with the Share Everything and doesn't make sense to renew my contract for no financial benefit. Now if I could pay 30.00/month for 6 GB to share with 2 lines would be beneficial. Unless I'm dreaming.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 05:26 PM
    I found 2 brand new in box for $250. They're out there. Just need to do the work - Craig's list and E-bay every day couple of times a day.
    05-29-14 05:34 PM
    I found 2 brand new in box for $250. They're out there. Just need to do the work - Craig's list and E-bay every day couple of times a day.
    Clean ESN? What was the story?
    05-29-14 06:21 PM
    Clean ESN? What was the story?
    Both Verizon. Clean ESN. 1 was a surplus from a school district I found on Ebay. The other I bought last week on Craig's list. Had the guy come in to my office so I could check it out. I did pay for his subway though too.
    raino likes this.
    05-29-14 06:27 PM
    I should add, I would not pay any more than this. I had a Z10 and accessories (extra battery, 2 desktop charging pods, extra full body protectors etc..) I am selling on Ebay to offset at least half the cost of the Z30. To me, the risk of running without insurance is not worth it. $250 w/o insurance v. Verizon $500 for a year of full coverage and $12 a month for lost, stolen damaged replacement is about the same. Folks who buy a used device or even from a 3rd party that pay top dollar are not very bright. At least if you buy from the carrier you can buy upgraded insurance which is unavailable if you buy from a 3rd party. Though we are digressing far from OPs topic - sorry OP.
    05-29-14 06:33 PM
28 12