09-24-13 08:18 AM
282 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Really it all depends on pricing. If in the US (where I am) they try to sell the phone for $200 on a year contract it will flop as it will be compared to the iphone, S4, and HTC One at the same price point. If however they shoot a little lower say between the $150-$175 range then they at least that will be a more realistic price for what you're getting.

Posted via CB10
    danprown likes this.
    09-07-13 07:45 AM
    YES!

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 08:37 AM
    True, but didn't quite a few find that a loose battery was the cause for their rebooting issue? Maybe this is BB's solution for this. Plus, wouldn't a portable battery bank/pack take the place of carrying a backup battery also?
    Or they've found other alternative for hard rebooting.
    09-07-13 08:49 AM
    If the specs are like the z10 then no

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 10:58 PM
    I don't know about you but a 6 inch phablet will not fit in my pocket. I have no desire to own one.

You can pry my BlackBerry from my cold, dead hands.
    Well my phone is 5" with a large case (Otter box) and it fits in my pocket just fine. However I normally wear dress pants for work, I can see jeans being a little more difficult. There are alternative options to using pocket such as belt clip holster, which I use sometimes with my phone. The dynamics of being able to replace 2 devices with one, saving money, only one device environment to manage, will overcome the disadvantage of being cumbersome, as companies will find creative solutions to this problem. Also driving this factor is that all voice will eventually be over data connection, so tablets with cellular data can be used as a phone, just add Bluetooth headset. When this becomes more prevalent people will start asking themselves why they need 2 devices.
    09-13-13 12:41 AM
    Great points. I never thought about your latter points before. I guess it is all up to personal preference. For me the Z10 is a bit too large for me. I hope my Q10 will be the perfect size for me when it arrives.

09-13-13 07:38 AM
    Specs are less important than performance. I'm probably getting it.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:13 AM
    With dual sim cards, meaning you don't need to fork out extra cash for BES10 for Blackberry Balance, you get real balance with one work number one personal number, with balance you still have one number for both work & personal.
    Dual SIM means you have to pay for two phone number every month. So it's no different from anyone who has two actual physical phones except for the inconvenience of actually carrying both at the same time. IMO, dual SIM doesn't do what the Balance feature actually do.
    Even for an example, if the Balance feature correctly implemented for the general consumer the cost associated to the consumer would be a lot less than the cost associated for paying for two phone (SIM) service each month.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:56 AM
    Great points. I never thought about your latter points before. I guess it is all up to personal preference. For me the Z10 is a bit too large for me. I hope my Q10 will be the perfect size for me when it arrives.

Yeah, it is personal preference. But I once thought the original Note was completely ridiculous. I have the Note 2 now, and it not only fits easily in dress pants (that's easy since most dress pants have voluminous pockets), but also fits in skinny/slim-fit jeans without problem or discomfort. Yup, it's bigger, but I have no portability problems. The Z30, having only a 5" screen, would be a piece of cake.
    danprown likes this.
    09-13-13 09:03 AM
    I just bought the Z10, so no. Unless it has a sliding keyboard :P
    09-13-13 10:09 PM
    Great points. I never thought about your latter points before. I guess it is all up to personal preference For me the Z10 is a bit too large for me. I hope my Q10 will be the perfect size for me when it arrives.

Thank you and you're right, its all about preference . Most of my internet access is through my phone, so a large display enhances the experience. I can fully appreciate that some people don't want a large phone, and I think there will always be a market for a smaller device. But right now I just think it's a mistake for BlackBerry not to have a phablet in their portfolio.
    Last edited by techvisor; 09-13-13 at 10:34 PM.
    09-13-13 10:14 PM
    How much did they (Samsung) pay to develop the OS?
    You have to realize that BlackBerry has to recoup its development cost for the OS it has developed.
    Samsung does not because, as of now, it is getting its OS for free. It is helping Google by creating phones that are mutually beneficial, for now.
    09-13-13 10:18 PM
    The only specs that are important to me are screen size, physical keyboard and maybe battery life to a lesser extent.
    A smartphone is not like a computer where I am more concerned with CPU, Hard Drive capacity and RAM, to be totally honest.
    The apps all seem to function OK so what difference does it make how many cores the CPU has or how much RAM?
    It is all in the minds of the nerds who look at numbers instead of the big picture of User Experience.
    09-13-13 10:26 PM
    The only specs that are important to me are screen size, physical keyboard and maybe battery life to a lesser extent.
    A smartphone is not like a computer where I am more concerned with CPU, Hard Drive capacity and RAM, to be totally honest.
    The apps all seem to function OK so what difference does it make how many cores the CPU has or how much RAM?
    It is all in the minds of the nerds who look at numbers instead of the big picture of User Experience.
    You're right, performance and user experience should be the true measuring stick. But isn't there usually a correlation between specs and performance? I mean aren't we all expecting the Z30 to perform better than the Z10 because it has better specs? When comparing phones with different OS's then I think benchmarks would be a better indicator. However people don't often factor in benchmarks into their purchasing decision. I think benchmarks are often seen as subjective and specs are factual. Specs are also clearly visible on every store tag description, staring at the customer. So as much as we can say specs don't matter, the fact is they really do matter. I think specs are one way BlackBerry could rebuild its image. I think HTC is doing something like this right now. They have some of the best specs available and now Sony is doing the same thing. Now watch, because of this Sony will get lots of attention and probably gain some traction.
    09-13-13 11:01 PM
    Well if you look at it from a logical, informed consumer perspective instead of an average consumer perspective, I'd love the Z30.

Large screen phone without the 1080p nonsense that you biologically cannot notice on that size so no point in wasting the battery when we all know battery power is enough of a hassle.

But average consumers are most consumers and most consumers don't think like that. Most consumers typically fall under the "you point, give me a reason, I buy" mentality.

NOW THAT BEING SAID...I do believe BlackBerry should have doubled down and went all out with the Z30 and played the average consumer game with just ONE of their models, this one. Could have given them a real shot.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    09-13-13 11:13 PM
    Well if you look at it from a logical, informed consumer perspective instead of an average consumer perspective, I'd love the Z30.

Large screen phone without the 1080p nonsense that you biologically cannot notice on that size so no point in wasting the battery when we all know battery power is enough of a hassle.

But average consumers are most consumers and most consumers don't think like that. Most consumers typically fall under the "you point, give me a reason, I buy" mentality.

NOW THAT BEING SAID...I do believe BlackBerry should have doubled down and went all out with the Z30 and played the average consumer game with just ONE of their models, this one. Could have given them a real shot.

Mostly agreed.

The biggest gripe I have, is that you are talking in a way, as if Android Flagships wouldn't outperform the Z10 considering battery life.
    It was BlackBerry's own fault though, through putting a smaller battery in the phone with the bigger screen.

The Q10 is a little bit better in that regard, but not massively.

There already were some usage graphs posted, by QBN for example, clearly showing that her Samsung S3 can last 2 days on a single charge.
    Friends of mine can do the same with their S4.
    Some of them have a Note 2 and it's not unusual for their phones to survive 3 days on one charge.

If I get 18 hours out of usage on one single charge with my Z10, I consider myself lucky.
    Sometimes it dies exactly after my work day is over.

The "specs drain the battery too much!!" argument, is actually a pretty weak one.
    I mean, we just have to look at the Bold 9900.
    That thing has no specs that could drain the battery, and it still doesn't survive a workday (at least when I use it).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 09-14-13 at 12:29 AM.
    09-14-13 12:09 AM
    Large screen phone without the 1080p nonsense that you biologically cannot notice on that size
    I guess I am superhuman because my phone is 441 ppi and it always looks much more crisp and clear than other phones with 3XX ppi. Maybe there are other variables other than ppi that account for this?

I do believe BlackBerry should have doubled down and went all out with the Z30 and played the average consumer game with just ONE of their models, this one. Could have given them a real shot.
    I fully agree.
    09-14-13 12:10 AM
    Specs versus performance? Not the same, bb10 has the performance, specs are secondary.

Lots of words that try to tell you different are pointless, but reason is not an attribute of the masses.

Ricocan
    deadcowboy likes this.
    09-14-13 12:34 AM
    Specs versus performance? Not the same, bb10 has the performance, specs are secondary.

Lots of words that try to tell you different are pointless, but reason is not an attribute of the masses.

Ricocan
    What is wrong with all you fanboys? Can't you understand that new customers are going to be more concerned with comparing specs than comparing performance?

Who cares if the Z30 runs faster than a Z1? The Z1 probably has much smaller hardware margins, and the average android consumer is going to be aware of this when the glance at the Z30.

Don't we want BlackBerry to succeed? Well there's no way if their flagship is running year-old hardware for premium dough.
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 09-15-13 at 10:02 AM.
    09-15-13 08:20 AM
    This will be the largest BB to date, enough for me.
    BB10 is great but 4.2" is not enough to enjoy it. I personally need a true phablet. Screen size and thickness is good..

Browsing, basic social apps and productivity tools are the stuff mattering to me, so I'm happy with what I'll get.
    Other than these, I'm fine with 720p, I don't want more battery consumption with 1080p, z10 already is enough fast for me (how fast can you open an app for God's sake..) don't need an unoptimized 8 core cpu..

I only wish it'll be available in full white. Including the front panel..
    09-15-13 01:57 PM
    This will be the largest BB to date, enough for me.
    BB10 is great but 4.2" is not enough to enjoy it. I personally need a true phablet. Screen size and thickness is good..

Browsing, basic social apps and productivity tools are the stuff mattering to me, so I'm happy with what I'll get.
    Other than these, I'm fine with 720p, I don't want more battery consumption with 1080p, z10 already is enough fast for me (how fast can you open an app for God's sake..) don't need an unoptimized 8 core cpu..

I only wish it'll be available in full white. Including the front panel..
    Full-white phablet? Sounds so lame. I'll take a small black handset any day
    09-15-13 04:43 PM
    Yes is my quick answer love my Z10, wife is going to get it as she sees how awesome my BlackBerry is compared to her iPhone same as she hates her windows laptop and loves our macs! Oldest one get the iPhone and it will be great for her in a closed eco system I can control. Win Win Win. Have to give credit to the PC. How else could I so easily update our BlackBerry's with these great leaks.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 05:00 PM
    I'll be picking up a Z30. It'll be my exclusive camera and sports / movie viewing device.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    09-16-13 04:08 AM
    Since the phablet market now is rocking, I thought it will benefits the z30 gets into the competition. I might be wrong.
    09-16-13 05:43 AM

HD is important for play back on a tv...i think. I've never actually done it.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 09:12 AM
282 ... 678910 ...