For me the z30 is just to big, so the specs don't matter. If I wanted a phone that size, the specs being the same wouldn't matter either..... I would be buying it for the screen size
    09-19-13 04:13 AM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Z30 is a winner!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 05:16 AM
    So much ignorance here... BlackBerry 10 is an efficient OS, it doesn't need all of that high end stuff. Performance wise think about it like this, BlackBerry 10 is Windows XP and Android is Vista.

See what I mean?

The only department I see the Z10 lacking is the GPU department which was covered in the Z30.

So in all Z30 has the perfect amount of hardware to run BlackBerry 10 flawlessly. If the Z30 had to run Android then the OP's questions would be valid.

Marketing is everything
    mas_quemex likes this.
    09-19-13 07:57 AM
    Not buying. Blackberry is a thing of the past.
    09-19-13 08:17 AM
    Kmmycou

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:39 AM
    I have an upgrade coming in January, so I am definitely keeping my ear to the ground on this one. I am desperately eager to unload this Samsung S3, and I am digging the white Z30!
    09-19-13 08:45 AM
    So much ignorance here... BlackBerry 10 is an efficient OS, it doesn't need all of that high end stuff. Performance wise think about it like this, BlackBerry 10 is Windows XP and Android is Vista.

See what I mean?

The only department I see the Z10 lacking is the GPU department which was covered in the Z30.

So in all Z30 has the perfect amount of hardware to run BlackBerry 10 flawlessly. If the Z30 had to run Android then the OP's questions would be valid.

Marketing is everything
    So, the marketing should say "BB10 is more efficient so it doesn't need all that hardware horsepower of these other phones." What does the user save? Electricity? Does Blackberry charge less for their phones?
    09-19-13 08:48 AM
    Thank you sir! Waiting for someone to post it or post it myself. Not really low end as stated above, the moto x has same specs other than screen.
    It's a workhorse of an SoC.
    09-19-13 08:56 AM
    Firstly, everyone said the moto X was mid range. Secondly, the moto X has co-processors, so far as I know this isn't the case for the Z30 hence specs are NOT the same.

Posted via CB10
    The SoC has the contextual and natural language processors built-in. Qualcomm didn't remove them for the Z30.
    09-19-13 08:58 AM
    for the better camera of course people will buy it....right?
    09-19-13 09:23 AM
    No - it's not different enough IMHO from the Z10 I have and love. Aside from the screen being slightly larger and also being an AMOLED scree, I don't like the fact that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference on anything else AND the battery isn't removable. Call me old fashioned but I want to be able to remove my battery and replace it with a (hopefully) better one and/or when it starts to build a memory.
    Although not a snap on door, the battery is replaceable within a few minutes. The PB was considered to have a non-replaceable battery as well and I've found I can replace mine in about 10min. Not a factor. Swapping for extended run time is not possible though and a factor for some.
    09-19-13 10:25 AM
    errr no.

Firstly, you trying to compare loading times and lag as the same thing is silly. it shows people don't truly understand what lag is.

Lag, better called as latency, is the delay between a user action and the system carrying out that action.

Now in your example, when you press the power button, the pc turns on and starts the process you requested, so there is no latency in that situation, rather loading time. Much like say if you tap the jetpack joyride app on your Z10, it opens right away but the app takes a short time to load, however its performing its process, so this isn't latency either.

latency is when you tap the x button in the browser and the audio doesn't turn off straight away yet the app appears to of closed, you told it to close, however its obviously still not closed for those few seconds.
    Tap the x on the cb app, and its closed and done. no latency.
    It shows how much you know about what you're talking about.

Latency is the difference of time between you issuing a command and the application responding to it. I see that you at least has grasped this concept.

In your defined case, the application (or rather, the OS) indeed responds: it begins the shutdown process immediately, only the process takes time to finish, this is called, as you yourself terms it, "loading time".

The problem is not that the OS does not respond, rather it needs time to carry out its task. You can already see this in action by closing an app that is performing something and quickly find the app's icon: until the shutdown process finishes, the icon will be dimmed and you can't start the app. Once the shutdown process is finished, the icon is no longer dimmed and you can start the app again.

Back to the definition of latency: it's the difference between you issuing a command and the app responding to your command. Note that it stops at "responding to the task", NOT all the way to "finishing the task"

You're trying, I can appreciate that, but your double standard is seething out like there is no next second, and your credibility balloon is getting smaller.

I can practically hear your next move: "so BlackBerry 10 needs more than one tenth a second to completely stop a media playback? Pshaw" well that's for another discussion.

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    09-19-13 10:31 AM
    I can't see the the Z30 coming out before the company is sold. Who would anyone buy a BlackBerry with such uncertainty? I'm not in business, but for the life of me, why was this announced? Why scare away the few potential buyers left out there? I would love for someone here to give me one good reason. Seriously.

Posted via CB10
    Umm...I hate to tell you, but it's out.
    09-19-13 10:46 AM
    With the company essentially putting themselves up for sale to the highest bidder, I'll be shocked if the Z30 actually gets released. Further to that, my mind will blown if the Z30 actually sells well. Especially when so many mobile shops are deciding to no longer carry Blackberry products, and are returning their inventory.
    Are you shocked?
    09-19-13 10:54 AM
    Everybody has different opinions . I'll be honest, I do enjoy the way my Nexus 7 (2013) multitasks. It's very quick, however Android completely shuts down processes when they're not in use. I prefer the way my Q10 does it. I definitely enjoy both products, but I feel like the Nexus 7 is the first Android tablet to really do it for me. Android has been around forever and is only just now getting here. BB10 is still growing up!

I get what people are saying about the 8 frames max, but I never saw this as a hardware limitation. I always saw it from a more practical standpoint. Anybody that consistently uses 8 frames is a machine. I've only had my Q10 for a bit. Maybe I'll become one of those people and ask for more frames too, but I wouldn't bet on it. My views on the 2GB RAM requirement is that many people misunderstand it. There are dev devices floating around with 1GB of RAM. In fact, the original videos that were leaked of BB10 before the Z10 released were running it on 1GB of RAM. a video of it. The 2GB of RAM argument is completely wrong. Angry Playbook users aren't exactly the most accepting since they got shafted. Therefore, I understand the misunderstanding. BlackBerry could have released a watered down version of BB10 like Apple does with the older versions of the iPhone, but would it have been worth the effort given the numerous sales the Playbook has made? You also have to factor in the older processor in the Playbook, which nobody has done. There's a lot more to the story, but at the end of the day BB10 does not have a 2GB minimum requirement.
    I've been using devAlpha A witch compares to the PB.
    Was perfect for development purposes. Besides that, was totally frustrating; unusable in every day life.
    Ok for the watered down, either for the "could" and the non relevant cost.
    09-19-13 12:12 PM
    Firstly, everyone said the moto X was mid range. Secondly, the moto X has co-processors, so far as I know this isn't the case for the Z30 hence specs are NOT the same.

Posted via CB10
    Wtf are you even talking about lol??? As far as you know? Obviously nothing. The moto x is their new flagship phone. You can't just take away processors that are built in unless you are using a different model. It's the SAME proc with the SAME specs other than screen. And just so you know it has the SAME quad graphics. If EVERYONE said kill yourself would you do it? Both of your points were wrong, thus making what you said void and null.
    09-19-13 08:12 PM
    Wtf are you even talking about lol??? As far as you know? Obviously nothing. The moto x is their new flagship phone. You can't just take away processors that are built in unless you are using a different model. It's the SAME proc with the SAME specs other than screen. And just so you know it has the SAME quad graphics. If EVERYONE said kill yourself would you do it? Both of your points were wrong, thus making what you said void and null.
    The MotoX is a midrange phone with a high-end price tag.

It may be Motorola's flagship, but compared to what the market has to offer, it's nowhere near a high-end device.
    It's a pretty overpriced phone actually.
    Just like the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:46 PM
    Low Specs?? The Quad-Core GPU (Graphics Core) is a HUGE improvement over the Single-Core found in Z10. This means all your games and 3D Applications should run a lot faster (assuming they're coded to take advantage multiple cores). Sure it has less PPI but it means less pixels to process.

I can't wait to test this on existing games. Gameloft games to be exact; they run sluggish on the Z10.
    Dave Bourque and hazarder like this.
    09-19-13 08:50 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 11:40 PM
    Yes

Posted via that z10!
    09-20-13 12:26 AM
    Well, The Z30 is the company's easy way out for a bigger specs without wasting unnecessary overhead.

If i'm going to buy a product that runs on as possibly low-end hardware, I think BlackBerry is the way to go.
    09-21-13 03:07 AM
    I think that I'm going to skip this go round on BlackBerry devices, and see what the future holds for the company. My Z10 and PlayBook are working just fine for how I use my mobile devices. This will be the first time I won't get the latest greatest device from Blackberry
    09-21-13 03:19 AM
    I'm getting it. The specs seem ok but I sort of like the bigger screen.

BB Nation...BB Proud.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 09:13 AM
    Sorry... But the Playbook You have is fake... Mine is a 7" one...
    09-21-13 09:23 AM
    I almost feel like moving to Canada so I can have one in Oct when it is released there. Being in the US I certainly HOPE that I would see one shortly there after. This can not come fast enough. No matter what the future of the company, I am in dire need for a replacement for my 9850, and I could care less about the specs, I am definitely getting one no matter what! This will be the best BB I have ever owned. Might be the last one, but am a die hard fan until the end!
    09-21-13 06:14 PM
282 ... 9101112