specs matter a great deal when BB are putting a �600 price on hardware that you can better from sony for �270.

xperia SP versus Z10 springs to mind.
    09-18-13 04:32 AM
    Ye I'll answer this post definitively now.

Heck no. 600! You have to be crazy.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 04:36 AM
    With the company essentially putting themselves up for sale to the highest bidder, I'll be shocked if the Z30 actually gets released. Further to that, my mind will blown if the Z30 actually sells well. Especially when so many mobile shops are deciding to no longer carry Blackberry products, and are returning their inventory.
    It's officially announced.... it's getting released....

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 05:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    But iPhone 5c isn't crazy at all...

Posted via CB10
    anon5288998 likes this.
    09-18-13 05:46 AM
    Posted via CB10
    It is for premium buy at Selfridges. Let's wait for regular price to drop w/wo contracts.
    Blackberry Z30 smartphone - BLACKBERRY - Technology - NEW IN - Home & Tech | selfridges.com
    Malaysia and Hongkong will have it for (rumored) ~USD 620
    09-18-13 05:59 AM
    no wont be getting it thought i would before the launch, shame they wasted screen space with the bb logo in addition to the thick bezel at the bottom leaving barely anything at the top making it look very ugly and oddly designed imo. still eyeing up a red q5 and waiting to see if they come out with a slider sometime next year
    09-18-13 06:00 AM
    I don't think so...
    Why people want another phone from BB? Like there been 3 already and some here are waiting for the a10? Huh?

BB!! Make a damn good phone that lasts st least 1.5 year!!! IMPRESS US!!
    09-18-13 06:08 AM
    I don't think so...
    Why people want another phone from BB? Like there been 3 already and some here are waiting for the a10? Huh?

BB!! Make a damn good phone that lasts st least 1.5 year!!! IMPRESS US!!
    Z30 IS THE A10...

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:10 AM
    But iPhone 5c isn't crazy at all...

Posted via CB10
    how does that validate anything?
    09-18-13 06:27 AM
    It is for premium buy at Selfridges. Let's wait for regular price to drop w/wo contracts.
    Blackberry Z30 smartphone - BLACKBERRY - Technology - NEW IN - Home & Tech | selfridges.com
    Malaysia and Hongkong will have it for (rumored) ~USD 620
    its called first impressions. they do count.
    09-18-13 06:29 AM
    yip ... waiting for price .....
    09-18-13 06:34 AM
    how does that validate anything?
    Showing the hypocrisy...

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:35 AM
    Low specs? Don't think so. Think about it: when was the last time you see a native app that lags and is not a game (therefor, CPU dependent)?

Phone and Settings are AIR apps.

So, you see, I think they did well keeping dual core and merely ramp up the GPU instead, because that's the problem currently, what with big game studios refusing to optimize their games for BlackBerry for now (for example, Firemonkey admits they merely port Real Racing, they didn't optimize the thing).

Now, the camera? There's something to talk about that, but for the general "specs" that people always talk about are perfectly fine.

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    silversun10 and mas_quemex like this.
    09-18-13 06:54 AM
    Showing the hypocrisy...

Posted via CB10
    you've lost me. im unsure how its hypocritical that Apple released a phone which it itself did NOT call low end or entry level, and has a price, then how BlackBerry release their new Flagship that's priced higher than even Apples flagship device.

If you actually posted what you meant rather than cryptic phrases id maybe be able to understand you.
    09-18-13 08:16 AM
    Low specs? Don't think so. Think about it: when was the last time you see a native app that lags and is not a game (therefor, CPU dependent)?
    ok, lets go there.

Open up the music or video apps, start playing media, minimise and close. audio stops when you hit the X, just as it should.

Now load a video in the browser (lets just say youtube for simplicitys sake) and with that playing minimise and hit the x. it takes several seconds from hitting x and the app closing to the audio stopping.

Just so we are all clear, that's known as lag. it hasn't closed it right away.

Should be noted that this is OS based and not CPU/GPU based, however lets not act like this OS never lags, we are just lying to each other if we say that.
    janosdios likes this.
    09-18-13 08:20 AM
    I will buy it just based on the bigger battery alone. No more swapping battery.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 08:44 AM
    Looks like BBRY went with the Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960DT, which is a pretty impressive SoC. It's also the same SoC that sits inside the Motorola X.

Attachment 203068

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdra...#Snapdragon_S4
    Last edited by CJH_; 09-18-13 at 09:27 AM.
    Superfly_FR and Anilu7 like this.
    09-18-13 08:56 AM
    Maybe...right now I have the Z10 but will wait to see where Blackberry is heading. From everything you read the hardware business will be gone. This is terrible for there are no other phones in the market I like. Hope Blackberry survives!
    09-18-13 09:18 AM
    I don't feel like it has low specs. They make sense. It's a great device and based on my z10 experience with a powerful performance!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:22 AM
    I love my Z10 but if I can offload it, yes to the Z30!
    09-18-13 10:28 AM
    ok, lets go there.

Open up the music or video apps, start playing media, minimise and close. audio stops when you hit the X, just as it should.

Now load a video in the browser (lets just say youtube for simplicitys sake) and with that playing minimise and hit the x. it takes several seconds from hitting x and the app closing to the audio stopping.

Just so we are all clear, that's known as lag. it hasn't closed it right away.

Should be noted that this is OS based and not CPU/GPU based, however lets not act like this OS never lags, we are just lying to each other if we say that.
    Nope. Definitely not what I'm talking about.

You are trying to say that having not finished the whole shut down process within a split second counts as lag

By your definition, every time your Windows is loading for that 2 seconds as it's coming from your uber speed SSD Windows is lagging; every time you're copying an 8 GB file and it doesn't finish within a split second, the device lags; every time you're compressing an 8GB folder with 7zip at Ultra level and it doesn't finish within a split second, 7zip lags: you have put in the command and it's not finished in a split second.

No, that's absurd. I'm talking, of course, about the user interface. Yep, I opened a video in browser, and my Clock app? Or File Manager? BlackBerry Hub? They don't lag, the UI is still smooth as a baby's a*$.

Now, if you are to play a video in the Browser, zip an 8GB folder in the File Manager AND edit an image in Pictures all at the same time, of course there's going to be performance problem, but that's not the case of BlackBerry having to put in super duper mega ultra CPU, because in that use case isn't common, and putting in a CPU that can handle that is like using a wrecking ball to hammer in a tiny nail

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    09-18-13 11:51 AM
    Nope! Full HD 1080p

Posted via CB10
    Nice going, Ace!
    09-18-13 05:10 PM
    Looks like BBRY went with the Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960DT, which is a pretty impressive SoC. It's also the same SoC that sits inside the Motorola X.

Attachment 203068

Snapdragon (system on chip) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thank you sir! Waiting for someone to post it or post it myself. Not really low end as stated above, the moto x has same specs other than screen.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    09-18-13 06:07 PM
    Thank you sir! Waiting for someone to post it or post it myself. Not really low end as stated above, the moto x has same specs other than screen.
    Firstly, everyone said the moto X was mid range. Secondly, the moto X has co-processors, so far as I know this isn't the case for the Z30 hence specs are NOT the same.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 03:16 AM
    Nope. Definitely not what I'm talking about.

You are trying to say that having not finished the whole shut down process within a split second counts as lag

By your definition, every time your Windows is loading for that 2 seconds as it's coming from your uber speed SSD Windows is lagging; every time you're copying an 8 GB file and it doesn't finish within a split second, the device lags; every time you're compressing an 8GB folder with 7zip at Ultra level and it doesn't finish within a split second, 7zip lags: you have put in the command and it's not finished in a split second.
    errr no.

Firstly, you trying to compare loading times and lag as the same thing is silly. it shows people don't truly understand what lag is.

Lag, better called as latency, is the delay between a user action and the system carrying out that action.

Now in your example, when you press the power button, the pc turns on and starts the process you requested, so there is no latency in that situation, rather loading time. Much like say if you tap the jetpack joyride app on your Z10, it opens right away but the app takes a short time to load, however its performing its process, so this isn't latency either.

latency is when you tap the x button in the browser and the audio doesn't turn off straight away yet the app appears to of closed, you told it to close, however its obviously still not closed for those few seconds.
    Tap the x on the cb app, and its closed and done. no latency.
    09-19-13 04:09 AM
282 ... 89101112