A few days ago my BB Z30 started acting up. The problems seem similar to the Settings black screen issue, but the Hub won't load, only goes to a black screen, I can't access settings although it does connect to wifi and the mobile network, I can't load any apps, it just goes back to the screen where it shows the open apps. Every time I reboot it, it shows the same 4 open apps and when I try to access the mini tabs disappear from the screen, on some reboots I am able to make phone calls but not on others, and on some reboots it doesn't provide me with a keyboard to enter my password. It is a work phone so I don't really care about the phone itself, I only want to be able to get the pictures off of it, as the problem started the last day of a vacation. I tried connecting it to my computer but it says there is an error mounting the drives. I am hoping that a reload may work but don't want to proceed without knowing if I will lose my pictures. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    08-06-17 10:38 PM
    Do NOT reload until you get the photos off.
    Reloading will delete everything from the internal storage.
    08-06-17 10:43 PM
    Do NOT reload until you get the photos off.
    Reloading will delete everything from the internal storage.
    Thanks. Any alternative suggestions on how I can get the photos off? I've tried Link and Sachesi and neither work. I assume it is because of the mounting issue.
    08-06-17 11:04 PM
    Thanks. Any alternative suggestions on how I can get the photos off? I've tried Link and Sachesi and neither work. I assume it is because of the mounting issue.
    Just checking, but did you not sync your photos with Box or Dropbox?
    08-06-17 11:29 PM
    Try and move the pictures to an SD card. See if that is possible.

Nothing like my SE
    08-07-17 02:20 AM
    Just checking, but did you not sync your photos with Box or Dropbox?
    Unfortunately not. Because it is a work phone my company did not allow it.
    08-07-17 10:28 AM
    Try and move the pictures to an SD card. See if that is possible.

Nothing like my SE
    I inserted an SD card, got the message on screen ”media card detected” but still can't do anything on the BB. Also doesn't show up in Link or in My Computer. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
    08-07-17 10:33 AM
    Try a soft reset: hold the volume up and down keys simultaneously until you see the BlackBerry logo. Then release. Leave the phone for approximately 10-15 minutes to start up and the try again to connect to the PC via link.

Nothing like my SE
    08-07-17 11:10 AM
    A few days ago my BB Z30 started acting up. The problems seem similar to the Settings black screen issue, but the Hub won't load, only goes to a black screen, I can't access settings although it does connect to wifi and the mobile network, I can't load any apps, it just goes back to the screen where it shows the open apps. Every time I reboot it, it shows the same 4 open apps and when I try to access the mini tabs disappear from the screen, on some reboots I am able to make phone calls but not on others, and on some reboots it doesn't provide me with a keyboard to enter my password. It is a work phone so I don't really care about the phone itself, I only want to be able to get the pictures off of it, as the problem started the last day of a vacation. I tried connecting it to my computer but it says there is an error mounting the drives. I am hoping that a reload may work but don't want to proceed without knowing if I will lose my pictures. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Unfortunately YES you will lose em all! Make sure developer mode is off, and USB transfer option in settings is turned on!
    08-07-17 11:13 AM
    Unfortunately YES you will lose em all! Make sure developer mode is off, and USB transfer option in settings is turned on!
    Thanks but I can't get to settings to ensure that option is on.
    08-07-17 11:37 AM
    Try installing the BlackBerry drivers on another computer, use a different cable, and see if you can access your device through file explorer.

Don't install Link or Blend - just the drivers.
    08-07-17 11:39 AM
    If you can use android apps...try installing a file browser (like- Xplore) and then copy them to the SD card...

...!!!...Z30...!!!...10.3.3.2205...!!!...
    08-12-17 07:49 PM
    If you can use android apps...try installing a file browser (like- Xplore) and then copy them to the SD card...

...!!!...Z30...!!!...10.3.3.2205...!!!...
    WHAT?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-17 11:12 PM
    WHAT?

Posted via CB10
    There is a slight possibility that whatever is preventing native BlackBerry 10 apps from launching may not effect the Android Runtime. It's a bit of a long shot, but worth a try.
    08-12-17 11:15 PM
    If you can't move to SD card or upload to a cloud somewhere try emailIng them to yourself.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-17 11:42 PM
    I had the problem on my Q5 earlier. BB10 starts spazzing out when there is less than about 400mb of storage available

Posted via CB10
    08-16-17 07:06 PM
    You can simply try to transfer them via Bluetooth. It may take time though, but worth for your importance. Or upload to any Cloud, or even can save them in your mails. There will be multiple mails though and again time taking, but you can always download them from another device later on.
    05-29-20 10:33 AM