Hi, I have a Blackberry 9900 (with Vodafone Egypt service provider) I traveled to Canada so I have my BB 9900 on roaming service.
    Now, I wanna replace my BB-9900 with BB-Z30 but was told that they have two different Sim Cards (BB-9900 works with regular Sim Card while BB-Z30 works with a Micro-Sim).
    1) Is this true?
    (I believe it is).
    2) If it is true what can I do to sort this?
    (other than contacting my SP in Egypt to send me a new Micro Sim).
    3) Will the Z30's WiFi as well as the other apps (browsing, Viper, BBM, Whatsapp, gps ....etc) work without the Sim Card?
    04-23-15 03:22 AM
    They do have different sim sizes, but you may be able to get your sim cut down to a micro sim.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 03:26 AM
    Now, I wanna replace my BB-9900 with BB-Z30 but was told that they have two different Sim Cards (BB-9900 works with regular Sim Card while BB-Z30 works with a Micro-Sim). First is this true?
    Yes

I believe it is but in this case what can I do to sort this?
    I wish there is another solution a=other than contacting my SP in Egypt to send me a new Micro Sim lol
    You can take your present SIM card to a phone service and ask them to cut it to the Micro SIM format (only the plastic frame of the card is different - it can be cut). Don't try to do it yourself, you can damage the card.
    04-23-15 03:29 AM
    3) Will the Z30's WiFi as well as the other apps (browsing, Viper, BBM, Whatsapp, gps ....etc) work without the Sim Card?
    Yes, it will all still work without a SIM card. Of course, apps will only really be functional so long as you have a Wi-Fi signal. I'm an American in Japan, and before I got my current phone contract, I was just using Wi-Fi at my hotel and such. BBM, the browser, WhatsApp, it all worked. It goes without saying that once you're out of Wi-Fi range, all the apps are rather useless.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 04:19 AM
    Just one warning. If you have the sim card cut down, use caution if you use that sim card in an ADAPTER in the older phone. Folks have gotten them jammed if the sim card is not in the adapter.
    04-23-15 09:03 AM
    Yep, I also travelled soon after I got my Z30 but after my employer had set up my phone for pushmail. While travelling I even got emails without a sim as well as all the apps as long as I had WiFi. Then I got a local sim in South Africa while travelling and cut it myself. Afterwards I decided to use that same sim in a dumb phone and I did so with an adaptor - no problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 10:03 AM
    Hi, I have a Blackberry 9900 (with Vodafone Egypt service provider) I traveled to Canada so I have my BB 9900 on roaming service.
    Now, I wanna replace my BB-9900 with BB-Z30 but was told that they have two different Sim Cards (BB-9900 works with regular Sim Card while BB-Z30 works with a Micro-Sim).
    1) Is this true?
    (I believe it is).
    You can also run your Z30 off the mobile hotspot on the 9900. Everything on the Z30 should work except of course the phone app. Also beware that BBM will work on either the Z30 or the 9900, but not both at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 10:52 AM
    1) Is this true?
    (I believe it is).
    If you are going to run your Z30 off your Hotspot on your 9900 you might want to download the Fongo app on your Z30 when your in Canada it will give you a phone number, for the app and you can use your Z30. It uses very little data 500mb of data = 1000 min and no long distance charges. But app is only available in Canada but once you have the app It can be used almost anywhere. You might have to use the hotel address for the signup process. I've had to it for years it's a great app. Then you can use the phone as you normally would and accept calls. The app is FONGO FREE TALK and TEXT

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 02:08 PM